PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870MCS

Rugerman
01-05-2007, 4:48 PM
Since I'm shopping for a Home Defense/SHTF shotgun hows this? Gun has a mag capacity of 8 rounds but its manufactured in th USA so whats the legality? It looks just like the Remington 870P MAX but a tad different.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/sandimaslmb/870mcs_18.jpg

Rugerman
01-05-2007, 6:11 PM
in kali shotguns cant have a magazine. I'm just worried of the 8 round thing. And is the front picatinny rail legal?

Nismo
01-05-2007, 7:21 PM
8 rounds, 100 rounds, whatever, its all legal on a pump gun. Rail is legal. Its all legal except Im not shure if Remington sells that particular model to the general public. If they do, then your good to do.

CA shotguns can have a magazine as long as its a pump shotgun.

whomper
01-06-2007, 4:03 AM
The Remington MCS is illegal in Cali. It is an NFA item (Short Barreled Shotgun). The pic you posted only shows ONE setup. It comes with 3 barrels (I think) 10 in, 14 in and a 16 or 18 in. I think it can also bemounted on the bottom of an M16 like the KAC Masterkey.

This place is expensive, but they have one of the best NFA collections I've ever seen.
http://www.autoweapons.com/photos06/jul/remingtonmcs.html

http://www.autoweapons.com/photos06/jul/remingtonmcse.jpg

-hanko
01-06-2007, 5:04 PM
in kali shotguns cant have a magazine. I'm just worried of the 8 round thing. And is the front picatinny rail legal?
:rolleyes: The round thingy under the barrel is the magazine...;) You'll notice it on other shotguns. Legal in the prk, as is the rail. Relax.

-hanko

DV8
01-06-2007, 5:17 PM
The MCS isnt for sale to civvies. Your best bet is buy an 870 then put the pieces on.

All you need to buy is a speedfeed stock, KAC rail, forward picatinny rail and the MCS forend (I think the whole assembly is 70 bucks or so).

Nismo
01-06-2007, 6:14 PM
The MCS isnt for sale to civvies. Your best bet is buy an 870 then put the pieces on.

All you need to buy is a speedfeed stock, KAC rail, forward picatinny rail and the MCS forend (I think the whole assembly is 70 bucks or so).

Even with all the parts, its still slightly different than a MCS, shortened forend tube length ect.

MCS forend parts-

#301113 - Forend tube assembly $33
#301186 - Forend (plasic part) $34
#18634 - Forend nut (same as regular 870) $6.70

Im still planning on getting the MCS forend someday.

DV8
01-06-2007, 6:20 PM
Yeah, I've seen some guys put a tri rail in the space between the forend and the end of the tube.

blkA4alb
01-06-2007, 9:44 PM
1. Yes they can. Pump actions can even have a detachable magazine.

2. No worries.

3. Yes.

4. You need to review the laws ;) .

jessegpresley
01-09-2007, 12:37 AM

Wow, all 3 of your observations are wrong. Does this mean this man gets a cigar? Or are those illegal now, too?

modenar1
01-10-2007, 11:38 AM
wow thats some nice looking remington. i mite do that to my 1980 wingmaster. but still deciding, if i should change the shotgun around, or leave it original.

PeteyG
01-10-2007, 3:31 PM

IT is LEGAL in states that allow Short barreled shotguns and usually other NFA goodies.

Pete

ldivinag
09-05-2007, 3:21 PM
does the quick replace barrels on the MCS differ from all other 870s?

i really dont care much for the short barrels, i just like the quick change barrels and the quick change stocks (minus the pistol-grip only one...)

Mesa Tactical
09-05-2007, 4:02 PM
does the quick replace barrels on the MCS differ from all other 870s?

i really dont care much for the short barrels, i just like the quick change barrels and the quick change stocks (minus the pistol-grip only one...)

All Remington barrels are quick change.

The Remlock quick-release stock is patented by Remington and only available with their MCS. We're working on some Remlock stocks now, but again they will only fit on MCS shotguns.