PDA

View Full Version : IN STOCK: (9) SAIGA stocks (6) .308 FCGs & MISC.

JPglee1
01-05-2007, 2:05 PM
Just got in (NINE) saiga stocks, and (6) .308 conversion FCGs.

Stocks alone are $37.00 delivered. FCG alone is $17.00 delivered. Pair delivered is $50.00 US (I would prefer to not split the sets up)

Misc. parts in pics (A-F on sheet) Letter "A" is the 6th FCG and is $17.00 delivered. Everything else make offer. Pics of bags numbered 1 thru 6 are the complete .308 FCGs to go with the stocks.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/jpglee1/100_0062.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/jpglee1/100_0065.jpg

First person to mark "SOLD" and the number/letter in their post gets that part.

Im working on getting pistol grip block off plates, trigger guards and mag catches that are SAIGA specific. It'll happen be patient :D

UPCOMING NEWS FOR 2007:

Will also soon have (100 each) AK, HK and FAL magazine locks...

Also working on some ideas for AR-15 top-loader shooters. Here's a teaser: Imagine a forward assist-style button on the left side of the lower that depresses a detent (that replaces the original take down pin) allowing the upper and lower to split. (might be a waste of time..but I like tinkering)

Lots of projects, you will see them come to fruition as we sell these magazine locks to generate capital (or else I get a magic investor or approved for a credit card :D)

J

JPglee1
01-16-2007, 9:42 PM
Bump Bump...FINALLY HERE!!!

psssniper
01-16-2007, 9:58 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what would you use these for?

JPglee1
01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what would you use these for?

Build an AK-style rifle that can use detachable and std. capacity magazines... NO PISTOL GRIP :)

Its the reverse build up of this:

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

To take your AK from this (california illegal unless fixed mag):
http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/images/SaigaHG.JPG

To this (california legal WITH detachable magazines and pre-2000 hicaps)
http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/images/Saiga_Before.JPG

Im working on getting ALL the parts for a true conversion, Ive got the basics,its still a little DIY at this point...

Cheers.

J

ivanimal
01-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I will take a set.

PLINK
01-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Most people don't realize that Saiga's don't take AK mags. These are definately a cool build.

fun2none
01-17-2007, 3:57 AM
I'll take a stock and FCG.

gibbet
01-17-2007, 5:39 PM
Most people don't realize that Saiga's don't take AK mags. These are definately a cool build.

762x39mm Saigas do take AK mags after you remove 1mm of metal from the mag catch. It takes 1 minute to make this modification but section 922r applies.

Rob454
01-18-2007, 7:29 PM
762x39mm Saigas do take AK mags after you remove 1mm of metal from the mag catch. It takes 1 minute to make this modification but section 922r applies.

Even if you do that ( the mag will fit int he receiver) but will not feed unless
1 you buy and install a feed ramp
2. weld up/ jb weld. glue/fill in the notch that are in the front of the ak mag ( to act as the feed ramp) Im not sure of the legality of this. the missing piece of metal there will not allow the round to feed because the saiga my buddy had did not have a feed ramp installed. and yeah we tried a 30 round mag. This was back in 98-99 when you could walk in and buy AKs in the store In fact none of the Saigas Ive seen had a feed ramp. it must be added
the Saiga ( factory as far as ive seen them) will not accept, load or fire rounds with a 30 round mag installed without modificationsMy buddy said that was the way it came out of the box. We tried to pit a 30 round mag in it and it woudlnt lock it in. either we filed on the back of the mag or the mag release. We decided to do neither cause it wasnt our rifle
I had soem pics somewhere of the receiver with no feed ramp cause I thought it was weird. I didnt know about the compliance and california legal rifles. His dad bought one ( back in 99 I think) because the store had them and there was no legality problem back then His dad died and we found out the rifle is now illegal ( dont ask me why cause I dont know) and I took my saws all and cut up the receiver. I kept the barrel and parts I jsut cut the receiver cause I was told thats what is considered the rifle not the barrel or trigger assembly. Still have the wood stock and foregrip also. Mabey if I move to a different state Ill build it as it was.

JPglee1
01-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Bump to top....

Ive been having some personal issues so I haven't been online. If you want a set of these, send me a PM so I can give you the shipping address for your money order/payment.

Thanks for understanding... Im having on-going issues with my truck (broken block when it froze 2 weeks ago) everytime I fix something, another part breaks, hopefully I can get it dialed today :D

PEACE

J

Harbinger
01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
JP, hope all goes well with your truck, man. I'm still without vehicle after the Civic got wrecked.

I wanted to let everyone know that JP's Saiga stock is the same one I have on my FrankenSaiga. It's lightweight and comfortable. As for the FCGs, I wish JP had had these back when I was playing around!

This is a GREAT opportunity for California builders!

:-D

Mike

wayoutwest
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Imterested in F or G if they are the BHO

PM sent

Richard
01-26-2007, 9:43 AM
Interested in 2 sets if available.....pm sent

JPglee1
01-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, keep the PMs coming, that is the best way for me to keep track of who gets what :)

Wayoutwest: Those are bolt hold opens I think, I haven't figured out where they go as yet, lol. Ill send you a PM on those.

Thanks for the good words Harbinger, I appreciate it a lot.

*edit* OK "F" and "G" bolt hold opens are SOLD pending funds.

(5) stock/FCG sets are sold pending funds. This leaves ONE stock/FCG combo available and (3) buttstocks available.

Get those PMs in and reserve yours! Next shipment "in" won't be for a couple weeks so get yours now :D

JP

JPglee1
03-18-2007, 3:50 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/jpglee1/100_0062.jpg

OK guys, I checked stock on hand... a couple pre-orders fell thru and I'm still left with some SAIGA parts.

Currently I have (6) Buttstocks left and I have (3) .308 FCG sets left

Stocks alone are $37.00 delivered. FCG alone is $17.00 delivered. Pair delivered is $50.00 US

If you're interested, send me a PM. First come first served, based on date/time stamp on PM's I receive :D

JP

lpspinner
03-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Will a .308 FCG work with a 7.62x39 Romy build?

JPglee1
03-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Will a .308 FCG work with a 7.62x39 Romy build?

Yes, with some minor filing on the hole to get it to fit. Its very minor and allows your OEM FCG to still work if you swap back.

Im working on a step by step how-to-manual for the SAIGA conversion, probably have it ready in 3-4 weeks, pending receipt of my parts/kit.

Thanks for the interest.

JP

lpspinner
03-19-2007, 10:08 AM
In that case, I'll take two FCG sets.

JPglee1
03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
In that case, I'll take two FCG sets.

Send me a PM... I wanna keep the thread uncluttered.

Thanks!

J