PDA

View Full Version : Black powder legal questions

steelrain82
07-18-2011, 10:17 PM
So I was at the pirate festival in Ventura this weekend and some of the pirates were shooting pirate pistols without the shot into the harbor. So my questions are:

1. I know black powder rifles can be sent to your door; can pistols also? I'm sure they can but I would like to know for sure.

2. Now since from my understanding they are not deemed as firearms, what would the legal ramifications of shooting them in my yard be? I wouldn't do it but just would like to know if a person can do it with shot or without.

I don't own a bp pistol but I was curious.

Dutch3
07-19-2011, 5:00 AM
BP pistols and revolvers will ship to your door as well, no FFL required.

When loaded, they are treated as any firearm. The legality of shooting in your yard will likely depend on where you live. If your locality does not allow the discharge of a firearm, you can bet nobody is going to make the distinction between a BP pistol any anything else that goes "bang".

Dutch3
07-19-2011, 5:01 AM
BP pistols and revolvers will ship to your door as well, no FFL required.

When loaded, they are treated as any firearm. The legality of shooting in your yard will likely depend on where you live. If your locality does not allow the discharge of a firearm, you can bet nobody is going to make the distinction between a BP pistol any anything else that goes "bang".