PDA

View Full Version : GFSZ and District office buildings

Deuce350
07-18-2011, 7:01 PM
Can someone tell me if the GFSZ pertains to School District office buildings and private k-12 schools. Thanks guys.

Librarian
07-18-2011, 7:20 PM
District buildings, no - no classes, so no 'Zone', but probably no carry in the building without CCW.

Private K-12, yes.

See http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Gun_Free_School_Zones

steelrain82
07-18-2011, 9:26 PM
Sorry but going to thread jack. On a similar topic at the VA hospital in north hills there is a school down the street. About a block or two away there is a sign saying end of school zone. Where would the GFSZ start at. The sign? Or the actual end of the parking lot at the school?

Southwest Chuck
07-18-2011, 9:35 PM
Sorry but going to thread jack. On a similar topic at the VA hospital in north hills there is a school down the street. About a block or two away there is a sign saying end of school zone. Where would the GFSZ start at. The sign? Or the actual end of the parking lot at the school?

DON"T TRUST THAT SIGN !!! There is a high school near me that has a sign just like it on a street adjacent to the rear section of the football field. It's meant as the END of the 25 mph (school zone) speed limit. NOT the 1000 ft. gun free zone.

Librarian
07-18-2011, 9:37 PM

That's a different kind of 'zone', I think a 'safe school zone'. No connection between that zone and a GFSZ, except that they overlap close to the school.

steelrain82
07-18-2011, 9:45 PM
Thats is what I thought but it made me wonder about it.

Liberty1
07-18-2011, 10:04 PM
For state and local gov buildings the statute is 171b PC.