PDA

View Full Version : Upper From Bushmaster Carbon 15 Top Loading Carbine

benny13603
01-04-2007, 7:53 PM
Hi Friends,
I just bought a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Top Loading Carbine. I wanted to use the upper for my Spike Tactical OLL. However, the upper seems to not fit into my OLL. Your advices would be appreciated. Thanks.

avidone
01-04-2007, 8:04 PM
I believe I read in the Bushmaster catalog that the Carbon 15 upper is a proprietary design and is only compatible with the Carbon 15 lower.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
01-04-2007, 9:10 PM
Hi Friends,
I just bought a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Top Loading Carbine. I wanted to use the upper for my Spike Tactical OLL. However, the upper seems to not fit into my OLL. Your advices would be appreciated. Thanks.

It will take a lot of work. You first need to ream out the takedown pin hole, then file off a bit from the bottom side where it makes contact with the lower.

I would recommend against it because of the ammount of work that it requires, and there are plenty of decent, reasonably priced uppers you can buy to go with the Spikes lower.

benny13603
01-05-2007, 2:23 PM
Thank you so much. I built 5 of the OLLs. I could not resist with the Bushmaster when I was at Turners and ended up buying it.

anotherone
01-05-2007, 2:31 PM
You do of course realize that the Bushmaster CARBON-15 is itself an off-list lower. Many of us have purchased open magwell Bushmaster CARBON-15 recievers to build pinned mag CARBON-15 rifles. Cold War Shooters sells the Bushmaster CARBON-15 stripped reciever. When built up in gripless configuration, the CARBON-15 is a bumpfiring machine. You can also open the magwell on your existing CARBON-15 so long as there are no evil features.