PDA

View Full Version : Buttstocks

whatdyisit
01-04-2007, 6:24 PM
I realize this is a newbie question and I have been using the search function but I can't seem to find my answer. As I am doing some online "wish list" shopping for my first OLL I am looking at different buttstocks. I have been looking on Tenpercentfirearms.com and see two Stag adjustable buttstocks, one carbine and one tactical. I'm looking for differences and the only one I see is the price. What else is there?
Also along the lines of stocks, are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of?

PIRATE14
01-04-2007, 6:35 PM
Well the carbine is the ol style stock and that tactical is the new stock, one is smaller but they both are designed for milspec rcvr extensions.....

The rcvr ext is two different sizes on is milspec diameter and the other is bigger....

MILSPEC....STAG. LMT, VLTOR, COLT, MAGPUL

Other, RRA, Armalite, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc......

Most of TACTICOOL stuff is MILSPEC...:D

Toolbox X
01-04-2007, 6:40 PM
I realize this is a newbie question and I have been using the search function but I can't seem to find my answer. As I am doing some online "wish list" shopping for my first OLL I am looking at different buttstocks. I have been looking on Tenpercentfirearms.com and see two Stag adjustable buttstocks, one carbine and one tactical. I'm looking for differences and the only one I see is the price. What else is there?
Also along the lines of stocks, are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of?

whatdyisit,

Make sure you consider the U15 (www.CaliforniaRifles.com (http://www.CaliforniaRifles.com)) and A2 stock with new MonsterMan grip (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=42901). Those will allow you to use detachable magazines which is a much more fun way to shoot your OLL than fixed mag.

-Grant

SemiAutoSam
01-04-2007, 6:42 PM
Either that or wait for Hoffmang's new fixed mag kit.

Its the best of both worlds IMHO.

whatdyisit
01-04-2007, 6:44 PM
I already purchased my Prince50 but will be buying Hoffmang's new design when it comes out. So on my Spikes lower (which I think is the same as Bushmaster) is an "other"? Does that mean that I cannot run either of the Stag stocks?

Ratters
01-04-2007, 6:56 PM
You can run either of the stocks with the prince kit. The carbine stock is the standard CAR stock from ages ago, the tactical is the M4 design.

Not to step on Wes's sale but you can get a Cav Arms M4 design for a bit cheaper. I have one and it works just fine and there's no tax.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/M4-Stock-Kit-Black-p/stock%20m4%20cav%20arms%20black.htm

whatdyisit
01-04-2007, 7:04 PM
Alright I think I get it now. Correct me if I'm wrong but the threads in the back of the lower are all the same its the receiver extension (buffer tube) that is different, and that comes with the stock, right? Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

rorschach
01-04-2007, 7:07 PM
Alright I think I get it now. Correct me if I'm wrong but the threads in the back of the lower are all the same its the receiver extension (buffer tube) that is different, and that comes with the stock, right? Thanks a lot for the quick replies.

Yes, provided you buy a complete stock.

aileron
01-04-2007, 7:55 PM
These are all synthetic right, do they still make aluminum ones or just synthetic stocks now?