PDA

View Full Version : ARs @ Los Altos

SC_Chewy
01-04-2007, 3:55 PM
Was thinking about cruising up to Los Altos range with my AR w/monsterman
grip, anybody know if I would have any problems there? Shot clays and some reg rifles there but....This forum has been so helpful in the past I figure it's the best place to start. Thanks in advance.

morepoop4u
01-04-2007, 3:56 PM
Was thinking about cruising up to Los Altos range with my AR w/monsterman
grip, anybody know if I would have any problems there? Shot clays and some reg rifles there but....This forum has been so helpful in the past I figure it's the best place to start. Thanks in advance.

No problems there:D

bwiese
01-04-2007, 3:58 PM
Go ahead and shoot and enjoy.

Hell, If you see a guy up there on some Saturday with 3 or 4 ARs by his shooting bench, it's probably me.

gose
01-04-2007, 4:48 PM
Go ahead and shoot and enjoy.

Hell, If you see a guy up there on some Saturday with 3 or 4 ARs by his shooting bench, it's probably me.

Hell, it might be any fellow calgunner ;)

Dont Tread on Me
01-04-2007, 4:51 PM
Never had a problem at Los Altos rod and Gun with a OLL.

QuarterBoreGunner
01-04-2007, 5:48 PM
The only reg they seem to have is if the rifle has a collapsing or folding stock; you can't fire it with the stock in the closed position. No Ramboing from the hip.

Seems reasonable.

SC_Chewy
01-04-2007, 7:30 PM
Great. Knew this was the spot to check. Appreciate the heads up. good to know I won't be alone out there...

Blue
01-04-2007, 11:06 PM
They've never given me any crap for AR's but they always give me heat when I have the beltfed out.

diddler
01-05-2007, 7:18 AM
They've never given me any crap for AR's but they always give me heat when I have the beltfed out.

Just curious, what do they say about the beltfed?

3rd_gear
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Been up there quite a few times. They have a friendly staff and from what I've seen, have a no questions asked policy. Just follow the rules. I've seen people shooting AWs and SBRs with no hassle.

Aluisious
01-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Piggyback question...is Wolf Ammo OK at Sunnyvale and Los Altos?

I'm thinking of ordering some for the AR and Kimber.

xenophobe
01-05-2007, 2:56 PM
I've been there hundreds of times. I usually get crap for bringing reg'd aws that shoot brass down the line. My Dragunov, PSL, G3 and Galil were never really welcome there. ARs were never a big deal and never got screamed at for any of them.

Blue
01-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Just curious, what do they say about the beltfed?

I got majorly flamed by some RO up there for it being an "illegal" weapon once. And another time I got repremanded for it not having a stock, but I read their rules and sure enough it's against their rules.