PDA

View Full Version : sb124 "I vote with law enforcement "

mag360
07-16-2011, 10:11 AM
how do we stop cop unions and C LEO's from torpedoing our efforts? One of my contacts at the state capital says his assemblymen (his boss) a dem from LA always votes the leo ticket, wtf. Our letters will do no good directed at guys like him. What's a 2A activist to do?

The Shadow
07-16-2011, 10:33 AM
how do we stop cop unions and C LEO's from torpedoing our efforts? One of my contacts at the state capital says his assemblymen (his boss) a dem from LA always votes the leo ticket, wtf. Our letters will do no good directed at guys like him. What's a 2A activist to do?

In that case, you have to vote for a pro 2A city council, that will make the CLEO do the right thing. Chiefs are the quintessential brown noser, because employment is contingent on keeping the city council happy.

donw
07-16-2011, 11:05 AM
LE do NOT make the rules...they're supposed to ENFORCE the legislated rules. even if they do/do not like the law(s)...their personal opinions should not be considered as being "The gospel".

i am not anti-LE...but we do need, and have a right to, keep a watchful eye out and ear open...

Liberty1
07-16-2011, 1:33 PM
I don't even think PORAC is LE rank and file influenced. Deputy/Officer Associations join for the LDF and that's about it from my experience. Work is just not the place to be political and that translates into the associations which are mostly concerned with contracts and working conditions. I don't really know who runs PORAC or who controls/influences it really (and I'm a member through my association).

Kid Stanislaus
07-16-2011, 2:41 PM
In that case, you have to vote for a pro 2A city council............

And you just KNOW the electorate in LA is just chomp'n at the bit to do :rolleyes:that!!

cmaynes
07-16-2011, 3:30 PM
the City Council is the key- find the ones who are 2A friendly and get them elected...

oni.dori
07-16-2011, 4:13 PM

Isn't that technically ILLEGAL? Isn't he supposed to vote the will of the people, as a WHOLE, not just a small few he thinks will garner him the votes for a new term?

Even more evidence that there needs to be cielings on politician salaries and tenures.

The Shadow
07-16-2011, 5:54 PM
I don't even think PORAC is LE rank and file influenced. Deputy/Officer Associations join for the LDF and that's about it from my experience. Work is just not the place to be political and that translates into the associations which are mostly concerned with contracts and working conditions. I don't really know who runs PORAC or who controls/influences it really (and I'm a member through my association).

Well, I do see a lot of POAs, and DSAs, on the board of directors. So what does that mean to you ?

The Shadow
07-16-2011, 6:04 PM
And you just KNOW the electorate in LA is just chomp'n at the bit to do :rolleyes:that!!

Yeah, I know, a majority of the residence probably don't know the names of their city council members, so why should they know their politics. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the state has to be as ignorant. And while LA has a population of just under 4 million people, that's only 11% of the state, and some of those people are conservative and pro 2A.

So I still contend that pushing to get rid of anti 2A city councils is the way to go. At least an effort should be made, even if it's one city at a time.