PDA

View Full Version : Wayne LaPierre's Speech to the United Nation (VIDEO)

safewaysecurity
07-15-2011, 3:31 PM
-RCfWm5822M

BajaJames83
07-15-2011, 3:35 PM
hes good!

aermotor
07-15-2011, 3:39 PM
Is it just me or is this whole UN thing seriously scary as hell.... I have very little faith that our Govt. will work against this.

GOEX FFF
07-15-2011, 3:41 PM
Thanks for finding the Vid! :thumbsup:

Coded-Dude
07-15-2011, 3:45 PM
:owned:

newbee1111
07-15-2011, 4:03 PM
Is it just me or is this whole UN thing seriously scary as hell.... I have very little faith that our Govt. will work against this.

Its not as scary as you think. A treaty needs a 2/3 majority in the senate to be ratified. The US has a long history of not signing or not ratifying UN treaties. I doubt that we are going to start with a gun control treaty.

unusedusername
07-15-2011, 4:06 PM
It would have been nice if we could see the video of UN members reactions to this speech. I bet they cared about as little as the Oakland city council cared when we speak to them.

He is correct though, right now no anti-gun treaty has any chance of passing the senate.

yellowfin
07-15-2011, 4:17 PM
The problem is the UN Treaty affecting Russia, Croatia (Springfield XD source), Germany, Bulgaria, Poland, and the Czech Republic.

Stonewalker
07-15-2011, 4:17 PM
It would have been nice if we could see the video of UN members reactions to this speech. I bet they cared about as little as the Oakland city council cared when we speak to them.

He is correct though, right now no anti-gun treaty has any chance of passing the senate.

Dude seriously, I'd love to see some international debate on the subject. I love that he didn't even address the practical benefits of carrying a gun. It was all about rights. Hell yea.

safewaysecurity
07-15-2011, 4:29 PM
Dude seriously, I'd love to see some international debate on the subject. I love that he didn't even address the practical benefits of carrying a gun. It was all about rights. Hell yea.

There was a debate with him and that ***** Australian lady Rebecca Peters... I can't find the whole debate anywhere but there are a few clips here and there of it.

7WwLz9hBZfM

Stonewalker
07-15-2011, 4:45 PM
There was a debate with him and that ***** Australian lady Rebecca Peters... I can't find the whole debate anywhere but there are a few clips here and there of it.

7WwLz9hBZfM

Thanks man, I'll look for the rest later. She is the woman from IANSA correct?

vincewarde
07-15-2011, 4:47 PM
Its not as scary as you think. A treaty needs a 2/3 majority in the senate to be ratified. The US has a long history of not signing or not ratifying UN treaties. I doubt that we are going to start with a gun control treaty.

Yep - Plus it is HIGHLY doubtful that the SCOTUS will allow the Senate to effectively nullify a portion of the Bill of Rights. There is a reason why the Amendment process involves 2/3 of the states.

Never the less, it is good that NRA is on the job, the political arena is where they shine. Thank God that we have them on our side.

vincewarde
07-15-2011, 4:49 PM
The problem is the UN Treaty affecting Russia, Croatia (Springfield XD source), Germany, Bulgaria, Poland, and the Czech Republic.

OH DARN - does that mean that they would have to make them in the US? :)

Stonewalker
07-15-2011, 4:51 PM
I love that the audience gave an ovation when she said "sometimes good people do bad things".

She's right. F*** due process.

1BigPea
07-15-2011, 4:54 PM
That's good stuff! Glad to be a part of the NRA

yellowfin
07-15-2011, 4:59 PM
Yep - Plus it is HIGHLY doubtful that the SCOTUS will allow the Senate to effectively nullify a portion of the Bill of Rights. They already have for the 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th, and 10th Amendments, and effectively neutering the 2nd w/ NFA and GCA. Sorry, the Supreme Court has more often than not been downright lousy at protecting us from government abuse and in many cases grotesquely corrupt.

safewaysecurity
07-15-2011, 5:03 PM

correct

Krak
07-15-2011, 5:08 PM

Yep. I hate that stupid ****.

SanPedroShooter
07-15-2011, 5:21 PM
I like how Wayne La Pierre says "billa rights." I dig him and the NRA. I'm saving up for my life membership.

chip3757
07-15-2011, 6:20 PM
The fact that the video is 5 min 56 sec is pretty cool

CCWFacts
07-15-2011, 6:33 PM
Great video. One point struck me as a danger-zone however: he talks about no regulations on civilian firearms. Unfortunately "civilian" can be very narrowly defined. Mexico defines "civilian firearms" as things of small caliber, excluding military calibers such as 9mm, 223, etc. In my opinion, the M16 should be a common civilian firearm, regulated the same way as any common rifle. The UN probably doesn't agree with me on that.

This ATT should also include a provision for international CCW reciprocity if we're to even consider it.

wazdat
07-15-2011, 6:51 PM
Part 1
dmg_zMuQEDk

Part 2
7WwLz9hBZfM

Part 3
FD1YmYuRtI8

Part 4
JVKvyYqtJ1w

Someone please shut her up... :rolleyes:

And now for a different point of view. :cool2:
6ViDlTBdx0k

mrdd
07-15-2011, 7:09 PM
Yep - Plus it is HIGHLY doubtful that the SCOTUS will allow the Senate to effectively nullify a portion of the Bill of Rights. There is a reason why the Amendment process involves 2/3 of the states.

Constitutional amendments require ratification by 3/4 of the states.

SanPedroShooter
07-15-2011, 8:25 PM
Holy ****! Who is that woman?? Does she look like she has crazy eye's? That way she keeps nodding and bobbing her head.

I literally fall on my knees and thank God that I live in America.

Krak
07-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Holy ****! Who is that woman?? Does she look like she has crazy eye's? That way she keeps nodding and bobbing her head.

I literally fall on my knees and thank God that I live in America.

She is by far the 2A's worst enemy.

J.D.Allen
07-15-2011, 11:10 PM
:punk::38::owned:

parcours
07-16-2011, 8:38 AM
Thanks for posting.

andytothemax
07-16-2011, 9:19 AM
I like how Wayne La Pierre says "billa rights." I dig him and the NRA. I'm saving up for my life membership.

You can do Extended Pay Life for $25 a month for 40 months. At the end you become a Life Member.

Khanan
07-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Great video. One point struck me as a danger-zone however: he talks about no regulations on civilian firearms. Unfortunately "civilian" can be very narrowly defined. Mexico defines "civilian firearms" as things of small caliber, excluding military calibers such as 9mm, 223, etc. In my opinion, the M16 should be a common civilian firearm, regulated the same way as any common rifle. The UN probably doesn't agree with me on that.

This ATT should also include a provision for international CCW reciprocity if we're to even consider it.

Completely agree with the "civilian" part of this. This is as vague as "assault weapon". The right is to keep and bear arms not to keep and bear arms as seen fit by the oppressors.

GOEX FFF
07-16-2011, 3:38 PM
Here's another, just after the UN speech -

u_WTNMTfkeI

And Chris Cox -

aAA4S3hINcQ

Anchors
07-16-2011, 4:44 PM
Well said Mr. LaPierre!
To those who aren't sure about donating to the NRA, this is proof that if you care about your rights, you need to (as well as other groups).

Show me another group that has the power in Washington DC to even get into the lobby at that meeting...

Austria, Brazil, China, Greece, alksdjslfgkjdgf

So many of our firearms in circulation come from other countries. Many people want to only "buy American", which I understand, but they forget about milsurp. I'd like to keep the $70 Mosins. haha.

Here's another, just after the UN speech -

u_WTNMTfkeI

And Chris Cox -

aAA4S3hINcQ

That first UN debate was awesome. That lady was ridiculous.
I like these guys.

newbee1111
07-16-2011, 6:59 PM
You guys also shouldn't get worked up over Russia, Brazil, etc signing this treaty, they won't. Any country that has a sizable arms exporting industry will just ignore this treaty like the US will. Even the ones that do sign it will ignore it.

This is nothing more than a UN dog and pony show. UN treaties are completely meaningless and aren't enforced by anyone. They have as much a legal mandate as the average restaurant menu.

otteray
07-16-2011, 7:40 PM
Hey, she looks kinda like the whacked-out lady in Clint Eastwood's "Play Misty for Me. " The babe that was into knives and scissors...

phalanxbl
07-16-2011, 9:34 PM
The whole "good people do bad things" is so misguided. The overwhelming majority of people have very very strong inhibitions against hurting fellow human beings. That's just the way we're psychologically wired. Even in combat situations, it was only recently with new training methods that the majority of solders even fire deliberately at the enemy. In World War 2 it was something like only 15 to 20 percent of soldiers actually shot at the enemy.

Simply having a gun available doesn't turn a normal person into a monster, anymore than having alcohol available turns a person into a drunkard. That's one thing the opposition just doesn't get.

Fiiyablade
07-16-2011, 9:45 PM
This reminds me that i need to renew my membership soon