PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Probation Officers

its mcgavin son
07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
From my understanding, I know DPOs are not law enforcement officers; however, I would like to obtain serious input/information from current or former DPOs.

I'm a military veteran and I just graduated from a CSU with a degree in criminal justice. I have applied to numerous Southern California police and sheriff's departments in the past 2 months, but my heart is leaning towards a probation career.

Does anyone know if LA County's hiring freeze will be lifted within the next (2) years?

biochembruin
07-15-2011, 1:40 PM
I have it on good authority LA County probation is preparing to lay off approx 145 DPOs. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It doesn't look like they're going to lift the hiring freeze anytime soon.

Tacit Blue
07-15-2011, 1:44 PM
Gotta love this economy!!!! i would say try Riverside but they're in bad shape too. I just checked San Diego's probation Dept, doesn't look like they're hiring either.. Sorry bud..

Tacit Blue
07-15-2011, 1:46 PM
http://agency.governmentjobs.com/riverside/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=342380&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271 .0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cva r%20name%3D%27FIND_KEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2F string%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID %27%3E%3Cstring%3E102%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3 Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2F string%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONA LJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3 E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E

Good news go apply its at Riverside !

its mcgavin son
07-15-2011, 2:04 PM
I have it on good authority LA County probation is preparing to lay off approx 145 DPOs. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It doesn't look like they're going to lift the hiring freeze anytime soon.
That's terrible. I recall reading about LA County's probation department in the Los Angeles Times newspaper, and the context was not pretty at all: various allegations, unethical behavior, misappropriation of funding, etc.

Deep down inside I was hoping some government entity would intervene and facilitate the replacement of inefficient DPOs :(

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/riverside/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=342380&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271 .0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cva r%20name%3D%27FIND_KEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2F string%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID %27%3E%3Cstring%3E102%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3 Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2F string%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONA LJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3 E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E

Good news go apply its at Riverside !

Thank you for your contribution bro, but I actually took their online test yesterday as a result of submitting my resume. That test was relatively difficult because of its timed question structure and reminiscent of an 'IQ Test'.

To be honest, I am quite skeptical with Riverside County. I took their in-person test at their human resources facility approx. 2 months ago for deputy sheriff/custody assistant and 3 days later I read and saw (on television news) that they would be laying off hundreds of employees, including academy graduates.

We'll see how I did, though.

Tacit Blue
07-15-2011, 2:28 PM
That's terrible. I recall reading about LA County's probation department in the Los Angeles Times newspaper, and the context was not pretty at all: various allegations, unethical behavior, misappropriation of funding, etc.

Deep down inside I was hoping some government entity would intervene and facilitate the replacement of inefficient DPOs :(

Thank you for your contribution bro, but I actually took their online test yesterday as a result of submitting my resume. That test was relatively difficult because of its timed question structure and reminiscent of an 'IQ Test'.

To be honest, I am quite skeptical with Riverside County. I took their in-person test at their human resources facility approx. 2 months ago for deputy sheriff/custody assistant and 3 days later I read and saw (on television news) that they would be laying off hundreds of employees, including academy graduates.

We'll see how I did, though.

That maybe the case with Riverside, that they wanted to show some form of " Economic growth " towards hiring and offering jobs. But in reality have no intentions of hiring. All you can do is be persistent and keep going through the notions; hiring processes suck we all know that. The economy ain't getting better any time soon, i think its foolish to cut back Public Safety employee's. But when **** hits the fan, they'll realize what a mistake that was. Seasoned Police Officer's are also taking a hit too..

If you see an opportunity, just take the money and run.

its mcgavin son
07-15-2011, 3:55 PM
That maybe the case with Riverside, that they wanted to show some form of " Economic growth " towards hiring and offering jobs. But in reality have no intentions of hiring. All you can do is be persistent and keep going through the notions; hiring processes suck we all know that. The economy ain't getting better any time soon, i think its foolish to cut back Public Safety employee's. But when **** hits the fan, they'll realize what a mistake that was. Seasoned Police Officer's are also taking a hit too..

If you see an opportunity, just take the money and run.

I share the same theory about their 'economic growth' illusion, too. Thanks for the advice. I'm currently in the hiring process with a few LEO departments.

By the way, awesome avatar; for being chair force related, that unit patch is probably the coolest one I have ever seen. Those UAV operators at Creech AFB are definitely some lucky guys. I'm fascinated with Reapers and AGM-114s :cool:

Tacit Blue
07-15-2011, 4:07 PM
I share the same theory about their 'economic growth' illusion, too. Thanks for the advice. I'm currently in the hiring process with a few LEO departments.

By the way, awesome avatar; for being chair force related, that unit patch is probably the coolest one I have ever seen. Those UAV operators at Creech AFB are definitely some lucky guys. I'm fascinated with Reapers and AGM-114s :cool:

:cool: The first time you see them in person, has a shock and awe... Factor... And yes the guys at Creech and March AFB are luckly guys.. The UAV business is a booming though ;)

Pryde
07-15-2011, 5:45 PM
Probation will not be hiring anytime soon.

If you have any questions about LA county probation, feel free to send me a PM and I will help you out.

BigKevLA
07-16-2011, 12:46 AM
LA County just finished putting together a list that will be good till next year.

Jonathan Doe
07-16-2011, 6:12 AM
I was told that the LASD will start deputy academies starting August. The first class will have 80 recruits. Hopefully it continues.

AGA350
07-16-2011, 6:26 AM
I was told that because probation will soon be absorbing part of the Parol Department, they will be hiring a few more DPO as current DPO's will soon be moving up. Actually they soon will be laying off Parol Agents within the next few months. I am an ex County of Orange DPO with friends in LA County Probation and Parol Department. My 2 cents.

BigKevLA
07-16-2011, 11:47 AM
AB 109 may end up being great for people that are interested in law enforcement careers.

I would suspect that every probation department and sheriff department in Southern California will have the need to hire over the next 3 years.

If an agency opens up hiring, you better put your app in fast! Application periods will be very short.

Ron-Solo
07-16-2011, 11:26 PM
LA County Probation Department has a multitude of problems stemming from bad management. There are some excellent rank and file members that I worked with over the years, but their department is pretty messed up.

Parole is a state run agency and has nothing to do with county agencies.

Parole and probation are different animals.

Watchur6
07-17-2011, 12:02 AM
As for my department we are hoping that parole realignment brings money for us. Since the Vehicle License Fee did not get extended we are relying on parole realignment. If Gov. Jerry Brown does not give us the money needed for absorbing the parolees then we are looking at massive cuts. We have already lost around 150 sworn positions. Probation is looking at two extremes. Either we grow and start hiring or we grow in parolees and start cutting more. The case loads are all ready out of control so im not sure how this is going to work out. If i get laid off i will stay as far away from Probation as i can. It's not worth it to me anymore. If you have the opportunity to get hired with another law enforcement agency i say take it. I'm sorry if i sound very pessimistic but we have been through a lot these last 3 years and there seems to be no end in sight. Good luck on whatever decision you decide.

smkqbns
07-17-2011, 2:59 PM
AB 109 may end up being great for people that are interested in law enforcement careers.

I would suspect that every probation department and sheriff department in Southern California will have the need to hire over the next 3 years.

If an agency opens up hiring, you better put your app in fast! Work periods will be very short.

Except for those of us already in parole. :rolleyes:

BigKevLA
07-17-2011, 3:09 PM
Except for those of us already in parole. :rolleyes:

Yes I guess it is a bad deal for you guys!

its mcgavin son
07-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate all of your input and I will be pm'ing some of you with additional questions soon.

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Riverside testing procedure is odd. Online assessment, in-person assessment and now I'm scheduled for the actual written next week.

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate all of your input and I will be pm'ing some of you with additional questions soon.

How is your testing going?

its mcgavin son
07-20-2011, 10:57 AM
How is your testing going?

You're lucky. I haven't received anything from Riverside as of this morning, so I probably did not pass their online assessment. :(

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 11:06 AM
You're lucky. I haven't received anything from Riverside as of this morning, so I probably did not pass their online assessment. :(

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Riverside testing is on the difficult side of things!

Have you tested for Los Angeles County too?

its mcgavin son
07-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Riverside testing is on the difficult side of things!

Have you tested for Los Angeles County too?

Haha, thanks bro. I appreciate all the crossed fingers I can get.

For the Probation Dept? Negative. Is the testing process continuous?

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Haha, thanks bro. I appreciate all the crossed fingers I can get.

For the Probation Dept? Negative. Is the testing process continuous?

No it already closed earlier in the year. The eligibility list from that testing is good through next year. I think around 700 people are on the list.

its mcgavin son
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
You just love ruining my day huh?

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 12:02 PM
LOL. Just exchanging information.

Keep your eyes open because I suspect that there will be quite a bit of testing going on in the very near future.

Hopefully they will do some hiring soon!

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 12:03 PM
You just love ruining my day huh?

What agencies have you applied with?

its mcgavin son
07-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Riverside County and Hanford (CA). Unfortunately, I began looking 2 weeks ago.

BigKevLA
07-20-2011, 7:25 PM
Have you thought of applying to LA Unified School Police or Los Angeles Airport Police, both are hiring.

Keep an eye on San Bernardino, San Diego and Ventura County Probation Departments, they may open up also.

biochembruin
07-20-2011, 8:20 PM
Have you thought of applying to LA Unified School Police or Los Angeles Airport Police, both are hiring.

Keep an eye on San Bernardino, San Diego and Ventura County Probation Departments, they may open up also.

If he goes that route, might at well try for LAPD. Although LAX PD does get paid more, they have fewer calls for service.

jerkyg
07-22-2011, 1:57 AM
I will only reply whether DPO's are LEO's.

Yes, there are peace officers in the state of California...even my ID card says so. And can carry firearms not only on duty if their department grants it...but, they can carry off-duty whether their dept.'s say no. Look it up on this forum...case is from a California court case out of Orange county. My own deputy chief gave me permission to store my weapon when I came to work. We are now arming many more of our units...finally. The dept. does have the right to limit your use/carry of your issued firearm...but, has no say so with what you carry off-duty.

Stay safe...

Watchur6
07-22-2011, 6:18 AM

Yes, there are peace officers in the state of California...even my ID card says so. And can carry firearms not only on duty if their department grants it...but, they can carry off-duty whether their dept.'s say no. Look it up on this forum...case is from a California court case out of Orange county. My own deputy chief gave me permission to store my weapon when I came to work. We are now arming many more of our units...finally. The dept. does have the right to limit your use/carry of your issued firearm...but, has no say so with what you carry off-duty.

Stay safe...

^This
Thought about posting it bud decided not to. Glad you did.

deadcoyote
07-22-2011, 6:27 AM
I've heard Yolo and Plumas Counties are going to be doing a small amount of hiring behind the AB 109 realignment. Unfortunately for you to be honest, I know alot of experienced parole agents who are putting in for these jobs due to being scared of lay offs pursuant to said realignment.

scootergmc
07-22-2011, 11:47 AM
The Plumas position is still flying. I don't know about Yolo.

And what needs to be remembered is that many of the 58 probation departments will be using the AB109 funds to save positions they would otherwise be losing thanks to the continued dwindling county budgets. Many counties were counting on those funds in preparation of their FY11-12 budgets.

As for the badge-carrying CDCR officers losing their jobs, the next one I see lose their job due to budget cuts will be the first. I think some will have to return to/enter institutions and the folks who will be losing their jobs due layoffs will be non-CCPOA members.

scootergmc
07-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Stay safe...

And the Orange County case isn't needed since LEOSA now applies.

Sacmedic
07-22-2011, 6:56 PM
I've heard Yolo is definitely hiring in the near future. They were not subject to some of the horrible cut-backs their neighbors have been, so these positions would be additional ones.

jerkyg
07-23-2011, 2:13 AM
thanks "watch"...this is such an old attitude and misconception...i am just tired of trying to explain this...when i can walk into a federal court building and show my id...then asked if i have my firearm..yes. and then be asked to store my gun in their locker....and not be arrested because i do not have the right to carry in my state...??? enough said on this subject.

this is the other scuttle butt that i have heard regarding the state....

all the cya (calfornia youth authority) prisons will be eventually phased out. that it will be up to each individual county to have their own "cya"...thus, parole will be phased out and the county probation officers will then have the responsibility to oversee them. this will also be true eventually for state parole. they too will be phased out. does it make sense? i dont know yet...would need to see the final plans. not that i have total faith that our politicians...lol

dont ask me how i know this...but, i do have friends in "high" places after 27 yrs. watch out...here it comes...

its mcgavin son
07-23-2011, 5:32 PM
Well, sorry to ruin your weekend with my ill-informed misconceptions. I am not familiar with the governmental loopholes that apparently enable California DPOs as "sworn peace officers/law enforcement officers" with the ability to holster a live, loaded weapon on clock when [they] have not completed a CA POST course in order to obtain the status of "sworn peace officer".

Also, thanks for the additional "who's hiring" updates, guys. I deeply appreciate your intel. I passed the written test for LAPD and LA Airport Police, but like I said, I really want to be a probation officer.. I was on formal probation for 6+ months when I was a kid. I turned myself around, started college, joined the military, obtained a 4-year degree.. If I can make it, other kids can too. From what I've seen, there are A LOT of Parole Agents and DPOs that have lost faith in adolescents.

Watchur6
07-23-2011, 5:58 PM
Depending on the department you get into(like mine) you will find that the majority of them are serious hardened criminals. If you want to make a difference then you need to join a program that reaches out to kids before they are locked up. We only accept felons so that will tell you exactly what kind of adolescents we have. Murders, att. Murder, rape, pc288, pc289, ADW and the list goes on. If you were on 6 months formal probation as a youth I take it that your crime was not as serious as the ones mentioned. Most recently one of my wards just got 68 years to life(he's 16y/o.). Also they don't like you nor do they want your help, its a challenge and out of 1000 u contact maybe 1 will change years later. Your idealistic views are good but don't let it dictate how you do your job. Safety, security and control are number one. Its a tuff job and there is nothing immediately rewarding about it when it comes to changing lives. We haven't lost faith in adolescents, we've just seen the realities of it all and it doesn't look good for the future.

jerkyg
07-24-2011, 1:27 AM
Sorry about not understanding what you meant in the comment "ruin your weekend". What???

We have all completed the POST courses and continue every year with required courses...and I am reading my ID card that clearly states that I am a "Peace Officer for the State of California per the Penal Code". "And will act as a Deputy to the Chief Probation Officer"....hmmm....maybe that was a typo?

Why do you think that almost all counties in California have their DPO's carry on duty? How could they do this? You need to look up the Orange County Apppellate court case that is even posted on this site...and that specifically states that they/we have the right to carry off-duty also without approval from our Chief...per the penal code. Just do the search and re-search before making conclusive statements...which in the end...are totally false.

Good luck on your future career...I know it is very tough in California...read the news about San Jose PD's very first lay-offs...wow!!! I feel so bad for those guys and gals. They worked so hard to get hired...and now are given their "walking" papers.

Stay safe...

Well, sorry to ruin your weekend with my ill-informed misconceptions. I am not familiar with the governmental loopholes that apparently enable California DPOs as "sworn peace officers/law enforcement officers" with the ability to holster a live, loaded weapon on clock when [they] have not completed a CA POST course in order to obtain the status of "sworn peace officer".

Also, thanks for the additional "who's hiring" updates, guys. I deeply appreciate your intel. I passed the written test for LAPD and LA Airport Police, but like I said, I really want to be a probation officer.. I was on formal probation for 6+ months when I was a kid. I turned myself around, started college, joined the military, obtained a 4-year degree.. If I can make it, other kids can too. From what I've seen, there are A LOT of Parole Agents and DPOs that have lost faith in adolescents.

jerkyg
07-24-2011, 1:48 AM
Watch...

Did you read my post about the state doling out all your parolees to the single counties in CA??? From what we hear from our union...many state parole agents would be absorbed into our Probation departments. So, don't discount us yet. By the way...at least in my dept...we get paid a lot more than the state guys.

Send me a private message if you want to hear more. I do not like to discuss much on here for all to see anymore.

Stay safe...

^This
Thought about posting it bud decided not to. Glad you did.

scootergmc
07-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Watch...

Did you read my post about the state doling out all your parolees to the single counties in CA??? From what we hear from our union...many state parole agents would be absorbed into our Probation departments. So, don't discount us yet. By the way...at least in my dept...we get paid a lot more than the state guys.

Send me a private message if you want to hear more. I do not like to discuss much on here for all to see anymore.

Stay safe...

:confused: What? What department do you work for? Nobody's pay range is on par with CDCR. A Parole Agent I top step is in the $7k range. I don't care what county you're in, there's no way any DPO gets comparable pay without promotion and quite a few years of service, and by that time you're comparing to a PAII or higher.

And yes, further parole realignment talks are ongoing.

jerkyg
07-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Again...I will not discuss our pay online...

Bottom line...they (state parole agents) will eventually be brought into our deparments...if they are lucky enough. You can kiss your jobs with the state goodbye very soon. (one year..two if your lucky) If you don't know what I am talking about...then you sir, don't know what YOU are talking about. Seems the norm that most in our department know what is about to happen...even with our limited knowledge. Surprising...being the peons that we are. Because, we are so ignorant.

Regarding pay...it is not even including OT pay...some of our guys make over $125k a year. Even our local DOC make more than that...I have friends there that make over $175k a year...not bad for a custodial officer. They are not even peace officers per the state penal code.

I have had quite a number of emails and private messages sent to me...stating that they are all knowing exactly what I have been sharing. Once again...too many people on here don't know what is really happening, going to happen or going on. I have connections with those in higher places and the unions. And when it happens...I don't need or want any apologies...just know you heard it here. Save your money for that rainy day. It is coming soon...but, as some here say...I am just some idiot and grunt. So, what do I know. But, maybe keep listening to the "Grunt"...instead of the all knowing keyboard expert. But, at the same time...don't believe anything I say either. Question authority...and those that say they are in the know. Remember, I am just a "Grunt"...so, what do I know.

Or, listen to "Scooter"...I am sure he has a bridge in San Fancisco to sell...LOL

Enough said.

Stay safe...

:confused: What? What department do you work for? Nobody's pay range is on par with CDCR. A Parole Agent I top step is in the $7k range. I don't care what county you're in, there's no way any DPO gets comparable pay without promotion and quite a few years of service, and by that time you're comparing to a PAII or higher.

And yes, further parole realignment talks are ongoing.

scootergmc
07-24-2011, 2:27 PM
Again...I will not discuss our pay online...

Bottom line...they (state parole agents) will eventually be brought into our deparments...if they are lucky enough. You can kiss your jobs with the state goodbye very soon. (one year..two if your lucky) If you don't know what I am talking about...then you sir, don't know what YOU are talking about. Seems the norm that most in our department know what is about to happen...even with our limited knowledge. Surprising...being the peons that we are. Because, we are so ignorant.

Regarding pay...it is not even including OT pay...some of our guys make over $125k a year. Even our local DOC make more than that...I have friends there that make over $175k a year...not bad for a custodial officer. They are not even peace officers per the state penal code.

I have had quite a number of emails and private messages sent to me...stating that they are all knowing exactly what I have been sharing. Once again...too many people on here don't know what is really happening, going to happen or going on. I have connections with those in higher places and the unions. And when it happens...I don't need or want any apologies...just know you heard it here. Save your money for that rainy day. It is coming soon...but, as some here say...I am just some idiot and grunt. So, what do I know. But, maybe keep listening to the "Grunt"...instead of the all knowing keyboard expert. But, at the same time...don't believe anything I say either. Question authority...and those that say they are in the know. Remember, I am just a "Grunt"...so, what do I know.

Or, listen to "Scooter"...I am sure he has a bridge in San Fancisco to sell...LOL

Enough said.

Stay safe...

You brought up the issue of pay... Don't say you won't discuss it and keep discussing it. :rolleyes: What "custodial officers" in your county making over $125k without OT pay? I'm guessing it's not the "peons" or "grunts" as you like to describe yourself. I'm guess they're upper ranks or management level positions. Please tell us which county, and I'll be more than happy to post the pay schedules so you won't have to make anymore untrue statements. If you can't handle being questioned, there's always your ranch and your 9mm and .40.

If you think you're the first to say probation will absorb parole, you're sadly mistaken. Those conversations have been going on at the legislative level for years, and it's no secret. As for your contentions regarding parole officers, I'm taking no position as to whether the parole officers will be losing their jobs. Like I said in another thread, the next badge carrying CDCR employee I see handed a pink slip will be the first. Where have all the DJJ parole and custody officers gone now that most of the institutions have been closed? They weren't layed off, that's for sure.

And I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder, and yes- you do. Your posts here are very reflective of your feelings- that there are only an elite few that could possible grasp the notion of what your attempting to discuss, and anyone else who would attempt to challenge your knowledge should just be dismissed as "keyboard" commandos.... Don't you think for one second that there could be folks on here who DO know what's going on in the industry (aside from what they hear from their union)? Don't you think there are those who choose not to advertise what they do, where they do it, how they do it, and prefer some sort of veiled anonymity?

I don't know what "bridge" you think I'm trying to sell, but thanks for making the assumption that there are those of us who have no clue what we're talking about. I don't care how many private messages or emails you've received. I starting equate your "27 years" and all your posts to the "ignorant" folks you complain about so vehemently. I guess we'll see if you've "said enough."

Stay safe anyway.

jerkyg
07-24-2011, 2:59 PM
In the next couple of years...from what I am in the know of...unfortunately, parole will cease to exist in the next couple of years. You think I am making this up or relish this??? I am a civil servant...I want all of us to make as much money as possible. Because we all deserve it...most people would not last a minute doing what we do. WE deserve every penny...and then some.

I was always amazed by Arnold the the likes of him to talk crap about our retirement. Because we die sooner than any others...why trip on how much we make when we retire??? I have seen too many of our officers die soon after they retire.

Look at the suicide rate...alcoholism...divorce rate....etc...among our field.

I am irritated by those that think I don't know what I am "talking" about. I have contacts all the way up to the state and major unions. I should not care about those getting into the "job" now. But, I do...it breaks my heart that they will not have the perks that "WE" had. They are talking about being vested many more years from now...getting lifetime medical many more years than before...10 or 15 yrs...

Thus, I am on the newbies side...where did you ever get the idea that I was on the opposite side??? I just don't appreciate being discounted as some idiot when I say...here it comes...watch out. And many out there tell me I am full of sh.i..t. The writing is not only on the wall...but, I have heard from those there...telling me it is coming.

In my day...5 yrs...vested and with full medical. NO MORE....and it will only get worse. They are also talking about taking away peace officer status...to save money...among other things.

I rest my case...

Stay safe....

scootergmc
07-24-2011, 3:04 PM
In the next couple of years...from what I am in the know of...unfortunately, parole will cease to exist in the next couple of years. You think I am making this up or relish this??? I am a civil servant...I want all of us to make as much money as possible. Because we all deserve it...most people would not last a minute doing what we do. WE deserve every penny...and then some.

I was always amazed by Arnold the the likes of him to talk crap about our retirement. Because we die sooner than any others...why trip on how much we make when we retire??? I have seen too many of our officers die soon after they retire.

Look at the suicide rate...alcoholism...divorce rate....etc...among our field.

I am irritated by those that think I don't know what I am "talking" about. I have contacts all the way up to the state and major unions. I should not care about those getting into the "job" now. But, I do...it breaks my heart that they will not have the perks that "WE" had. They are talking about being vested many more years from now...getting lifetime medical many more years than before...10 or 15 yrs...

Thus, I am on the newbies side...where did you ever get the idea that I was on the opposite side??? I just don't appreciate being discounted as some idiot when I say...here it comes...watch out. And many out there tell me I am full of sh.i..t. The writing is not only on the wall...but, I have heard from those there...telling me it is coming.

In my day...5 yrs...vested and with full medical. NO MORE....and it will only get worse. They are also talking about taking away peace officer status...to save money...among other things.

I rest my case...

Stay safe....

What case are you resting? What and who is on trial?

jerkyg
07-24-2011, 3:19 PM
What?...our case....their case...we are all on trial...not so much me...I am ready for the GOLD badge in the next few months...it is all those that follow. Do you not get it??? It is for THEM...the future officers. They are gonna get screwed...it could come to the point that no one will want to do our jobs!!! Why bother...?

I am so confused now by your answers...that I need to go shoot my guns...relaxes me. Nothing like shooting my AR15 and Sig...seeing a water bottle flying up in the air 15 feet....and my hunting dog chasing it and bringing it back....LOL And seeing my 14 yr old daughter emptying a 30 round mag in about 4 seconds...that is cool.

Stay safe...

scootergmc
07-25-2011, 8:48 AM
I'm not surprised you're confused.

So now the new officers are going to get screwed? The ones you so despise in your other thread? Along with management? Is there anyone you like?

its mcgavin son
07-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Whoa, what's going on in here? Let's get a shooting competition going on -- the winner's employer will hire me for the prize! Lol