PDA

View Full Version : educate me on this one

RossRinSD
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm looking at building two AR's. I already ordered my Stag lowers, trigger control parts, and magazines.

One with a removable mag, mm grip, iron sights, and short in length. Is this the definition of a Carbine? Do I use an A2 stock and carry handle? What length of barrel should I be looking for? I'd like to stick with Stag parts, but any suggestions would be helpful... With a removable mag, that means no telescoping/collapsible stock, right? Is there a collapsible LOOKING stock?

Second, fixed mag, pistol grip, and I wanted to put a decent scope on it. How far out is an AR accurate to? At that distance, what power and size of scope should I be using? What length of barrel would work well? A4 stock with this one?

TIA, guys and gals

five.five-six
01-03-2007, 11:02 PM
One with a removable mag, mm grip, iron sights, and short in length. Is this the definition of a Carbine? Do I use an A2 stock and carry handle? What length of barrel should I be looking for? I'd like to stick with Stag parts, but any suggestions would be helpful... With a removable mag, that means no telescoping/collapsible stock, right? Is there a collapsible LOOKING stock?

yep but you can use a flat top upper, as for the m4 looking stock check the ee on arf.com lots of guys in free states are dumping them since the end of the national ban

Second, fixed mag, pistol grip, and I wanted to put a decent scope on it. How far out is an AR accurate to? At that distance, what power and size of scope should I be using? What length of barrel would work well? A4 stock with this one?

TIA, guys and gals

for people targets maby 450 yards, varments and such 300 yards max depending on twist rate and ammo, the search feature is your friend, it is located tward the top of this page, as far as barel a 20"-24" bull is nice ffor that kind of setup and the supersniper is a good scope with out going overboard. I get consistantly under 1/2 inch at 100 yards with my 24"bbl and super sniper with match ammo

remember the search is your friend and spell check is my friend but I never use it and get flamed all the time :p

taquito971
01-04-2007, 12:44 PM
I would go with a fixed looking stock on the MM build. Specifically I'd get the Defensive Edge Sully Stock which is shorter, but has an A2 profile near the reciever allowing easy use of the MM grip. I would not use a telescoping "looking" stock. I would get a flat top with a good set of iron sights on it, or the A2 if you *never* plan to put optics on it.

Brian