PDA

View Full Version : ak bullet lock idea

Sal
01-03-2007, 9:02 PM
to go with the AR bullet lock, heres an idea i came up with for an AK type design.

basically drill a hole though the magazine lever housing, and through the lever. then use a rod with a spring to hold the lever locked shut, and be flush with the side of the housing. you could push the rod in enough to allow the lever to be pushed, and when the lever comes back, it will lock again, it will lock the magazine in and out so you'd need a tool to get the mag in or out unless you held the lever back while inserting a new mag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Spikespigiel/akbulletlock.jpg

PLINK
01-03-2007, 9:05 PM
You could probably use a modified AR buffer detent and spring. What would keep it in the trigger guard and would you need to cut the bottom of the mag release off to be legal?

Sal
01-03-2007, 9:11 PM
the piece would be held in by the spring, it could probably be made long enough that it will only push in far enough to release the lever, but then you would have to remove the whole lever to install or remove the lock.

you shouldnt have to cut off the lever, as you cant actuate it without a tool.

Sal
01-04-2007, 2:29 PM
wow, somewhat suprized no one has any comments on this, or is the old screw and plate method for AK mags good enough for most?

im waiting to see if the DOJ has any input on the AR style bullet release, before i try this out on my fixed mag romak 3. so is there anyone out there that thinks this would be illegal straight off? if so why? any comments and input would be appreciated.

JPglee1
01-04-2007, 2:31 PM
I like your idea... makes sense to me.

I'm happy with simple screw/plate as it without a doubt takes a "tool" to remove it.

But your idea is valid.

J

leelaw
01-04-2007, 2:35 PM
I like the idea. I'd be much more comfortable with it if there was some kind of guide rod, so to say, for the plunger. It could prevent the plunger assembly from falling out, leaving you in heaps of trouble.

Sal
01-04-2007, 3:06 PM
ah ok, i'll work on a better design and post a few drawings then, the only problem with the guide rod is getting it to attach to somthing without it impeding the movement of the lever when its depressed, possibly i could just make a whole new milled magazine catch lever that has a built in slot for the release button.