PDA

View Full Version : Feuer at it again

darkwater
07-14-2011, 10:40 PM
From today's Assembly floor session, a joint resolution to support the US Congress in its legislation to limit magazines to 10 rounds: http://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewVideo/2859

Discussion starts at time stamp 34:25

Tim Donnelly rocks...great arguments!

Feuer shows he can count to 10 at time stamp 38:47
Feuer throws a tantrum at time stamp 39:11
Feuer then concludes by bringing in Jared Loughner into the fray, that nobody needs 30 rounds, 10 is plenty

I hope he meets 11 thugs...he'll be one round short and can only blame himself...:)

Purple K
07-14-2011, 10:47 PM
If the folks in the mental health community and/or educational system had reported Mr. Loughner properly, he wouldn't have been able to purchase weapons legally. Shame on those that failed to do their duty!

darkwater
07-14-2011, 10:51 PM
If the folks in the mental health community and/or educational system had reported Mr. Loughner properly, he wouldn't have been able to purchase weapons legally. Shame on those that failed to do their duty!

Agreed...unfortunately, politicians like Feuer can't see past the gun.

gobler
07-14-2011, 11:05 PM
So was this a procedural vote to move it forward?

Gray Peterson
07-14-2011, 11:16 PM
What a douche.

Dreaded Claymore
07-14-2011, 11:16 PM
By the gods...these guys really don't quit. Eternal vigilance, indeed. :mad:

CalBear
07-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Donnelly rocks.

"It's as if you're scared to live in a free state, and think like a free man. There are risks as well as responsibilities, and ever one of us ought to be able to own every single weapon that the federal government and the state government can own."

MountainMike
07-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Donnelly rocks.

"It's as if you're scared to live in a free state, and think like a free man. There are risks as well as responsibilities, and ever one of us ought to be able to own every single weapon that the federal government and the state government can own."

My jaw dropped as I heard that. I could not believe someone in the California State Legislature had that much common sense. :clap:

winxp_man
07-15-2011, 12:00 AM
I hope he meets 11 thugs...he'll be one round short and can only blame himself...:)

Now that would be Feuer pwned because he only had 10 rounds :)

I feel like emailing one of these Reps about the story of Nikolay Alekseyevich Soltys and how he killed 6!!!!!! people with a freaking knife. Now that is something insane to talk about........... OH SH!!!!T wait they will then outlaw knifes :eek: :rolleyes:

otalps
07-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Feuer sounds too much like Fuehrer and he is nowhere near as eloquent, smart or articulate as the latter and that dude was beyond an *******.

kcbrown
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm sure the California legislature thinks that California is a model of "sensible gun laws".

Certainly, a law limiting magazines to 10 rounds is entirely effective, as California proves, since there have clearly been no mass shootings here in California since the 10 round magazine law was enacted here in California... :rolleyes:

And quite clearly, California's "sensible gun laws" are effective, since the violent crime rate here in California is too low to measure...

Yep, California's definitely the envy of the rest of the country...
:puke:

oni.dori
07-15-2011, 12:21 AM
So was this a procedural vote to move it forward?

I was wondering the same exact thing. Exactly what are they voting on, why were they voting on it, and what exactly does the yes vote mean?

Librarian
07-15-2011, 1:07 AM
I was wondering the same exact thing. Exactly what are they voting on, why were they voting on it, and what exactly does the yes vote mean?

A resolution saying 'Dots berry nice', referring to the Federal bill to restrict magazines.

Means our legislators thought they had time to spare from their constant efforts to get California out of financial trouble.

DiFi and Babs and the former Speaker whats-her-name will get to say 'see, a complacent left-leaning state legislature is happy to approve a do-nothing-but-annoy-gun owners bill...'

oni.dori
07-15-2011, 2:13 AM
So it's just a vote to say that "California" supports it?

GOEX FFF
07-15-2011, 2:14 AM
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106491&stc=1&d=1310724983

GOEX FFF
07-15-2011, 2:26 AM
His whole 10 shot finger pistol deal.. sorry but, IMO just ONE innocent life lost is just as tragic as any.

If these people really gave a rat's *** about deaths, why don't you see them out trying to bring back Prohibition...
Or limits to the amount of booze one can buy with a "High-Capacity Alcohol Sales Ban"?
Then we could have someone sit down in their lobby chair Camero and do a simulation of the ten's of thousands of people killed by drunk drivers. :rolleyes:

It's all about gun-control, stripping rights and trashing the 2A...nothing more, nothing less.

oni.dori
07-15-2011, 3:02 AM
His whole 10 shot finger pistol deal.. sorry but, IMO just ONE innocent life lost is just as tragic as any.

If these people really gave a rat's *** about deaths, why don't you see them out trying to bring back Prohibition...
Or limits to the amount of booze one can buy with a "High-Capacity Alcohol Sales Ban"?
Then we could have someone sit down in their lobby chair Camero and do a simulation of the ten's of thousands of people killed by drunk drivers. :rolleyes:

It's all about gun-control, stripping rights and trashing the 2A...nothing more, nothing less.

Absolutely, it is flat-out bigotry. Plain and simple. It is just a plolitically ACCEPTABLE bigotry. It's funny how a lot of the excuses and reasonings they use to repress, segregate, and retard gun owners, are almost identical to the ones they used to do the same to African Americans before the Civil Rights Movement. Think about that for a minute.

Slim///
07-15-2011, 3:38 AM
Wow it's like the majority of them didn't even listen to the arguments. But I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure all their minds are made up before hearing anybody speak.

Anchors
07-15-2011, 5:13 AM
Absolutely, it is flat-out bigotry. Plain and simple. It is just a plolitically ACCEPTABLE bigotry. It's funny how a lot of the excuses and reasonings they use to repress, segregate, and retard gun owners, are almost identical to the ones they used to do the same to African Americans before the Civil Rights Movement. Think about that for a minute.

Some people might take offense to this statement on its face, but if they delved further they would see that the reason they are "almost identical" is because they started out as the same thing.

Gun restrictions are rooted in racism against black people. They always have been.
It is more of a classist issue now, but no one can deny that adding a bunch of red tape to make guns harder and more expensive to obtain certainly thwarts low-income people living in high-crime areas, that civil rights experts will agree are often minorities.

Reference: DC, Chicago, large urban California cities, NYC gun laws.

Psy Crow
07-15-2011, 7:08 AM
Mr. Feuer is very attached to the 'needs' argument - the 2A is part of the Bill of RIGHTS, not the Bill of NEEDS.

I believe thanx are in order to Mr. Donnely, M(r)s. Grove, the first lady to speak (didn't catch her name), and all who voted NO on this nonsense.

Apparently the CA legislature doesn't have enough real work, perhaps we need to go to a part-time legislature.

proclone1
07-15-2011, 7:43 AM
Why don't these jokers ever suggest that Law Enforcement should be limited to 10rd magazines too? Maybe because in a situation where you need to defend your life or someone else's, you just might need more than 10 rounds. I guess they never consider that maybe civilians have the same right and need to protect themselves that police do (who get there 15 minutes later once you call).

Fate
07-15-2011, 7:51 AM
Why don't these jokers ever suggest that Law Enforcement should be limited to 10rd magazines too? Maybe because in a situation where you need to defend your life or someone else's, you just might need more than 10 rounds. I guess they never consider that maybe civilians have the same right and need to protect themselves that police do (who get there 15 minutes later once you call).

Not to mention that the police almost always roll deep.

Wherryj
07-15-2011, 7:56 AM
From today's Assembly floor session, a joint resolution to support the US Congress in its legislation to limit magazines to 10 rounds: http://www.calchannel.com/channel/viewVideo/2859

Discussion starts at time stamp 34:25

Tim Donnelly rocks...great arguments!

Feuer shows he can count to 10 at time stamp 38:47
Feuer throws a tantrum at time stamp 39:11
Feuer then concludes by bringing in Jared Loughner into the fray, that nobody needs 30 rounds, 10 is plenty

I learned something today. I never suspected that Feuer could count that high. Go figure.

darkwater
07-15-2011, 8:12 AM
http://calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106491&stc=1&d=1310724983

Dang, the attire fits him well!

darkwater
07-15-2011, 8:18 AM
I learned something today. I never suspected that Feuer could count that high. Go figure.

Yeah, and only in the legislature can you get away with pointing a loaded finger like that (at least he was limited to 10 rounds)...out here, we'd get arrested for making a threatening gesture!

ldsnet
07-15-2011, 8:20 AM
When are these goons going to learn a car is just as much a deadly weapon as a gun. If mishandled or misued, the result can very easly result in death. Happens every day. How about we limit CARS to 10 gallon gas tanks - that will lower the chance of high speed chases, they might run out of gas before they kill somebody. Yeah that sounds like a sensable automobile law (that is the same logic they use for gun laws . . .)

uyoga
07-15-2011, 8:21 AM
Roughly six minutes. That's all the time it took on the floor for us to lose one of our inalienable rights.

(I realize this was only a resolution urging action and would probably mean nothing in the end, but it could have very well been the real thing.)

bwiese
07-15-2011, 8:34 AM
This bill has no force other than recommending to (US) Congress that hicap mags be banned.

That's the political equivalent of Obama making me ATF Director - it just won't happen.

Not only that, we'll be having a most excellent surprise for anti-hicap-mag people in the near future once the ducks are in a row - and there'll be nothing they can do about it.

jdberger
07-15-2011, 9:17 AM
There's gotta be a way for us to unelect this guy.

jdberger
07-15-2011, 9:42 AM
Please write thank you notes to:

Tim Donnelly

Capitol Address
P.O. Box 942849
Room 2002
Sacramento, CA 94249-0059
Phone: (916) 319-2059

District Address
15900 Smoke Tree Street
Suite 100
Hesperia, CA 92345
Phone: (760) 244-5277
Fax: (760) 244-5447

Shannon Grove

Capitol Address
P.O. Box 942849
Room 3098
Sacramento, CA 94249-0032
Phone: (916) 319-2032

District Address
4900 California Ave.
Suite 100B
Bakersfield, CA 93309
Phone: (661) 395-2995
Fax: (661) 395-3883
Linda Halderman

Capitol Office
State Capitol, Room 4009
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 319-2029
(916) 319-2129 fax

District Office
6245 N. Fresno Street, #106
Fresno, CA 93710
(559) 446-2029
(559) 446-2028 fax

Let them know that you're NRA/CRPA members and members of the Calguns Community.

Reward our friends. Punish our enemies.

wjc
07-15-2011, 9:42 AM

Man, this is sad. The first thing I noticed in the picture is the hat and collar tabs are incorrect for an SS Officer. I need a vacation.....

duggan
07-15-2011, 9:59 AM
This bill has no force other than recommending to (US) Congress that hicap mags be banned.

That's the political equivalent of Obama making me ATF Director - it just won't happen.

Not only that, we'll be having a most excellent surprise for anti-hicap-mag people in the near future once the ducks are in a row - and there'll be nothing they can do about it.

You never know he (Obama) could do it, of course he'd probably just be setting you up to be the next fall guy on another ill conceived plan to backdoor gun control laws.

Scott Connors
07-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Mental health professionals can only work within the laws that the legislature passes, and these make it extremely difficult to force someone into treatment. Being crazy is not a crime.

GOEX FFF
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Man, this is sad. The first thing I noticed in the picture is the hat and collar tabs are incorrect for an SS Officer. I need a vacation.....

No one said Feuer was smart... :D

You could put a candy cane in his mouth and a witches hat on him and it would fit the bill.

Ignorance, even for Der Feuer is bliss. :p

wjc
07-15-2011, 10:14 AM
No one said Feuer was smart... :D

You could put a candy cane in his mouth and a witches hat on him and it would fit the bill.

Ignorance, even for Der Feuer is bliss. :p

Das ist richtig, mein Freund!

Coded-Dude
07-15-2011, 10:26 AM
high capacity buses and airplanes.....rofl.

bwiese
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM
You never know he (Obama) could do it, of course he'd probably just be setting you up to be the next fall guy on another ill conceived plan to backdoor gun control laws.

Please understand how government works.

The 1994 Fed AWB and magazine limit was a *law*, which expired in 2004.

Obama cannot ban hicap magazines himself
BATF cannot ban hicap magazines themselves.

Only legislation by Congress can ... and they won't.

The ghost of former Speaker Tom Foley, unseated by gunnies along with dozens of other congressmen & Senators in 1994, reminds them of that folly.

newbee1111
07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
You guys worry too much. If there was a will to institute such a ban don't you think it would have been pushed when the democrats controlled both houses? The president has already admitted that there isn't a snow balls chance in hell that he could get any gun related legislation passed through the house.

Wherryj
07-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Please write thank you notes to:

Tim Donnelly

Shannon Grove

Linda Halderman

Let them know that you're NRA/CRPA members and members of the Calguns Community.

Reward our friends. Punish our enemies.

I've written to Mr. Donnelly previously to express my displeasure-that he wasn't MY rep.

thenodnarb
07-15-2011, 12:19 PM

I LIKE this comment! :D

on another note, I'd like to register as a democrat, get elected to office, and pass a law that outlaws cases of beer over a 12 pack in the name of the children. Think how many lives will be saved if we could just limit the consumption of alcohol to 12 cans or less.
Of course you could just buy two cases, but its a step in the right direction....right?

blazeaglory
07-15-2011, 1:12 PM
Most gangsters I used to know carried a six shot or a .380, maybe a nine once in a while or a .40 glock but the point is, they were all STOLEN and all had ten or less rounds.

So how does this bill help CA again?

Anchors
07-15-2011, 8:15 PM
Most gangsters I used to know carried a six shot or a .380, maybe a nine once in a while or a .40 glock but the point is, they were all STOLEN and all had ten or less rounds.

So how does this bill help CA again?

Gangsters are pretty dumb, but they know how to reload or keep extra junk guns ready to fire with them.

I have come to the belief that (obviously) gun laws only hinder people who follow laws and (less obviously) anti-gun politicians aren't stupid, but they play ignorant of firearms in attempt to pass fear-based legislation to voters who are actually ignorant of firearms.
The politicians have had to sit and listen to firearms and firearms laws explained to them time and time again, I bet half of them can install a bullet button blind-folded, they just feign ignorance.

oni.dori
07-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Some people might take offense to this statement on its face, but if they delved further they would see that the reason they are "almost identical" is because they started out as the same thing.

Gun restrictions are rooted in racism against black people. They always have been.
It is more of a classist issue now, but no one can deny that adding a bunch of red tape to make guns harder and more expensive to obtain certainly thwarts low-income people living in high-crime areas, that civil rights experts will agree are often minorities.

Reference: DC, Chicago, large urban California cities, NYC gun laws.

Exactly, that was the point I was making. Gun control laws are at their very root and core rooted in racism and bigotry. At their very inception and beginning, they were gearred towards minorities (African Americans in particular) and the poor (which does tend to coincide to a degree, though not exclusively); basically all the "undesireables" of society. This goes even farther back than the Civil Rights Movement of the 50's-70's and the Black Panthers, to the very INCEPTION of gun control in after the Civil War and the Emancipation of the slaves (in the US). They were written SPECIFICALLY to prevent the African American population of the US (which was predominately freed slaves at the time) from acquiring and possessing firearms to defend theselves or hunt (if you DO get offended, or don't believe me, go look it up and see for yourself). Even farther back than that in Europe, they used gun control laws (and the prices of firearms themselves) as a means to prevent the poor and destitute (read: undesirabled) from being able to attain firearms. This was a way of opressing the "commoners" from being able to rise up and rebel against the gross abuse and tyrrany that was perpetrated against them; as well as a means to prevent them from being able to hunt (which was often needed as a means of subsistance to simply acuqire food to SURVIVE), because it was considered an "aristocratic" past-time, and that the commoners weren't entitled enough to partake in it. Seeing any correlations yet?
Now, in the present day, gun owners are portrayed and viewed as violent, crazed, unstable, sub-humans, that are on the brink of snapping and going on a berzerk mass-murdering spree (many of the things attributed to African Americans before the CRM). We are 2nd class citizens to them.
Once again, sit back and think about that for a minute.

hoffmang
07-15-2011, 11:26 PM
I'd prefer he waste his anti gun time on non binding resolutions...

-Gene

oni.dori
07-15-2011, 11:49 PM
But didn't you know, being anti gun is NEVER a waste of time because it's always for the children! :eek:

vincewarde
07-16-2011, 2:17 PM
If this is the best they can do, then we are winning. Let's all keep working hard to keep from finding out what Gov. Brown will sign :)

blazeaglory
07-16-2011, 2:36 PM
Gangsters are pretty dumb, but they know how to reload or keep extra junk guns ready to fire with them.

I have come to the belief that (obviously) gun laws only hinder people who follow laws and (less obviously) anti-gun politicians aren't stupid, but they play ignorant of firearms in attempt to pass fear-based legislation to voters who are actually ignorant of firearms.
The politicians have had to sit and listen to firearms and firearms laws explained to them time and time again, I bet half of them can install a bullet button blind-folded, they just feign ignorance.

Yeah, exactly.

I feel embarrassed to tell people I live in California anymore:(

jamesob
07-16-2011, 8:09 PM
uhhh wasn't gifford shot before he fired the 10th round?

Just-in
07-16-2011, 9:06 PM
This guy disgusts me...

scarville
07-16-2011, 9:53 PM
But didn't you know, being anti gun is NEVER a waste of time because it's always for the children! :eek:

It surely is...

http://www.ushmm.org/museum/exhibit/online/hiddenchildren/insideX/images/50334.jpg

A group of children assembled for deportation to Chelmno (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Chelmno_extermination_camp). During this so-called "Gehsperre" [Curfew] Aktion, the elderly, infirm, and children were rounded up for deportation.
Lodz, Poland, September 5-12, 1942. — USHMM #50334/Instytut Pamieci Narodowej—Komisja Scigania Zbrodni przeciwko Narodowi Polskiemu, Warsaw