PDA

View Full Version : Talking Automatic weapons

radioman
07-14-2011, 8:06 PM
I found myself talking to an anti gun nut, they saw the nra sticker on my car.
any way they were telling my off and going on about automatic weapons. I told them I had an automatic weapon, and they had one too. The car, just put it into drive, you could take more people out with a car, then an ar15 with 50 round mag.
the look on his face was great, and it shut the fool right up.:D:D:D

SDS-Ruger
07-14-2011, 8:13 PM
nice!!! :owned:

Mstrty
07-14-2011, 8:17 PM
any way they were telling my off and going on about automatic weapons. I told them I had an automatic weapon, they had one to. The car, just put it into drive, you could take more people with a car then an ar15 with 50 round mag.

Could you please re-read your post. I can not understand what you said. Is that in english?

epcii
07-14-2011, 8:25 PM
Awesome response. The only ones you forgot to mention are the people who use both automatic weapons and cars at the same time. =\

radioman
07-14-2011, 8:26 PM
Could you please re-read your post. I can not understand what you said. Is that in english?

Is that better???

TKM
07-14-2011, 8:42 PM
Is that better???

It was worse?

Fjold
07-14-2011, 8:54 PM
It was worse?

I don't think that is possible.

cj cake
07-14-2011, 10:36 PM
It was worse?

:laugh:

Dreaded Claymore
07-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Looks like this has been :threadjacked:

Nice work, Radioman.

Hopefully you also told them that fully automatic firearms are almost completely unavailable in the United States, and can't just be bought at a gun show for fifty bucks.

Wherryj
07-15-2011, 1:03 PM
any way they were telling my off and going on about automatic weapons. I told them I had an automatic weapon, and they had one too. The car, just put it into drive, you could take more people out with a car, then an ar15 with 50 round mag.

I guess that mine is only semi-automatic. The S2000 only comes with a manual transmission. I need to press the clutch each time before reloading.

BlindRacer
07-15-2011, 1:45 PM
I guess that mine is only semi-automatic. The S2000 only comes with a manual transmission. I need to press the clutch each time before reloading.

I Think that would be more like a bolt action. Gotta press the cluck AND switch gears. Simi Auto might be more like the Auto-manuals...maybe :confused:

Anyways... nice response. It's great when you can make them speechless. It might make them think a little deeper about what they actually are thinking. But probably not.

CCWFacts
07-15-2011, 2:18 PM
I think the distinction between semi-auto and full-auto is ridiculous. It's also culture-specific. In many other countries they don't care about whether you have full-auto parts or not. Guns are dangerous, period, and there's no reason to think that an M16 is any more likely to result in murder and mayhem than an AR-15.

Bhobbs
07-15-2011, 2:21 PM
I Think that would be more like a bolt action. Gotta press the cluck AND switch gears. Simi Auto might be more like the Auto-manuals...maybe :confused:

Anyways... nice response. It's great when you can make them speechless. It might make them think a little deeper about what they actually are thinking. But probably not.

Semi auto would be those paddle shift transmissions.

resident-shooter
07-15-2011, 2:25 PM
nice!!! :owned:

ezzecly

BajaJames83
07-15-2011, 2:28 PM
good one

Decoligny
07-15-2011, 3:19 PM

Well, since you have to actually move the shift lever to change gears, you have a lever action, not a semi-auto.

If you only had half a car, you would have a semi-auto. :D

Smithereens
07-15-2011, 3:55 PM
I have used this example a number of times with people, seems to get the gears turning in their head. Easier to tag somebody with an SUV than a rifle, until we get remote control bullets

yellowfin
07-15-2011, 4:00 PM
I think the distinction between semi-auto and full-auto is ridiculous. It's also culture-specific. In many other countries they don't care about whether you have full-auto parts or not. Guns are dangerous, period, and there's no reason to think that an M16 is any more likely to result in murder and mayhem than an AR-15.

The only reason we care in this country at all is an antiquated law from the 30's that people between 1945 and 1967 were too lazy and complacent to abolish.

loose_electron
07-15-2011, 4:06 PM
A suggestion for next time?

Offer to take them to the range.

Seriously!

One of the things that needs to be done is to win over people to the sport. If you just get in someones face, you are sinking to the "redneck stereotype" that does not help public perception.

Take people out and introduce them to shooting, in a positive and non-confrontational manner. Teach them gun safety and that firearms owners are responisible individuals, where additional rules and regualtions are not needed, and do nothing to deter crime.

Adult outreach.

dantodd
07-15-2011, 4:16 PM
Hopefully you also told them that fully automatic firearms are almost completely unavailable in the United States, and can't just be bought at a gun show for fifty bucks.

That is FUD. Automatic firearms are, in many states, widely available. You are right that they are considerably more expensive than their semi-auto counterparts though. (Government can't have poor minorities having the fun toys.)

We should never, never, never, try to placate antis by saying, "there aren't very many X or Y guns out there." That approach is implicit acceptance of their pre-conceived notion that certain types of guns; FA, SBS, etc; are inherently more dangerous than others. If "common use" is going to be the standard upon which a firearm's 2A protection is to rely we want to be as inclusive as we can. Just as it was wrong for hunters and clay shooters to sell EBR guys down the river 20 years ago it is equally wrong for us to do so to FA aficionados.

Scott Connors
07-15-2011, 5:34 PM
Well, since you have to actually move the shift lever to change gears, you have a lever action, not a semi-auto.

If you only had half a car, you would have a semi-auto. :D

Did you hear about the writer with a colostomy? He only had a semi-colon.

This isn't a thread jacking, because what you find in a colostomy bag is the same thing that the antis spew when they start chewing the carpet over "AUTOMATIC WEAPONS!!!! :willy_nilly: "