PDA

View Full Version : Any leverage to stop current CA anti bills?

teufeldoc
07-14-2011, 7:02 PM
Okay, I just thinking out loud here, (figuratively speaking)..........

As an Active Duty Service member who is a Non-resident, my constitutional rights are being deprived and voided without me having any say in the matter. Are there any protections that could be invoked on behalf of non-resident military, that might then invoke some form of Equal Protection for State residents?

These Bills are killing me and even though I write to State Senators, Assemblymen and the Gov, they really don't care since I'm not a Cali registered voter (not that they seem to care if you are:cool:). I'm willing to be a test case (I think) if a volunteer is needed. Any thoughts?

taperxz
07-14-2011, 7:05 PM
In this political environment, no. Let em pass it, take it to court and smash it.

teufeldoc
07-14-2011, 7:13 PM
I understand that would be the plan. Just wondering if there was any leverage to be found in depriving Non-residents of their rights that could be used for State residents when it does go to court..

wash
07-14-2011, 7:23 PM
You need to find a way to make the antis look bad (to everyone, not just gun owners) before anyone will care about your predicament.

If you can find a way to do that, go for it.

teufeldoc
07-14-2011, 7:36 PM
You need to find a way to make the antis look bad (to everyone, not just gun owners) before anyone will care about your predicament.

If you can find a way to do that, go for it.

Yep, that would be the problem for all of us. I'm not worried about me in the long run, I'm looking for ways to help residents. Given the current policies and politics (across the board) here in California, I don't see myself staying after retirement. Too bad really....kinda like the small town we live in.

p7m8jg
07-14-2011, 7:46 PM
I buy what I can afford and always keep my options open to moving to another state. That's all I got left after 30+ years working full time to put crooks in prison. Sacramento doesn't care about anything other than getting re-elected, period. And if you don't carry San Francisco or Los Angeles, your idea is screwed, period.

L.A.
S.F.

They run the state politically, period. :mad:

Fjold
07-14-2011, 7:51 PM
Calguns Foundation, When you have to sue every M*****F***** in the room.

teufeldoc
07-14-2011, 8:13 PM
I get the political piece of this........ and you guys are right about needing to carry population centers and how difficult it would be to get a decisive shift in the way those populations view 2A rights.

My curiosity is more about looking for leverage via the the courts and constitutional law to force the blockage of this current spate of Bills or to over-turn them if they become law. IANAL and I know that there are some VERY smart people working on our behalf that are Lawyers and educated on these matters. I'm just looking for exploitable weak points from a layman's POV.

mag360
07-14-2011, 8:27 PM
$500 scholarships to students who are nra members, go shooting, and go to school in SF bay area, sacramento, or LA.

would be a nice start.