View Full Version : what do you guys think of this vepr ever making it here?

01-03-2007, 12:52 PM
it looks like a normal receiver. is there still a imported barrel ban? i see a lot of imports and i know the barrels are made somewhere else. is the barrel only banned for spare parts? do you guys think there will ever be a vepr kit with or without a barrel? or a usa made vepr kit? it looks like it would work with a mm grip or without a grip.

01-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Looks like too much fun to be legal.

01-03-2007, 12:57 PM
it looks really short too

01-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Looks like it would be a ***** to shoot without a pistol grip. You can fix the mag if you like field stripping to load (or through the ejection port). Length also a possible factor.

01-03-2007, 1:02 PM
I believe Century is selling those kits right now. Someone on Arf made one and it spun out of control from there. As for being too fun, all normal OLL rules apply. As for being too short, it's the same thing as an AK underfolder in length, so add accordingly. If you REALLY want it, you can get it. Honestly, I'd rather make one myself if I REALLY wanted one, but then again if you don't have the tools, know how, time, etc. then it might worth it to buy it. I believe the kit was $150 and came with the 'conversion' stock (it really is just funky furniture and that's it; the stock is replaced with a pistol trunion that has a butt pad type of thing welded on, and the handguards are replaced with full length handguards and the only REAL 'conversion' is a rod that acts as the internal trigger activator that is a normal trigger with the actual finger curve ground off).

01-03-2007, 1:06 PM
Damn, that's just ugly.
Fix the 10 rd mag, no FH, get it long enough, OLL for the receiver; yeah it'd be legal.
Or remove pistol grip and keep it long enough w/o collapsing the stock.

01-03-2007, 1:10 PM
Good point It still must have the correct OAL.

30 inches isn't it, Now i'm wondering if they made that rule to keep people from having this kind of weapon.

I guess my old HighStandard BULL PUP 12 gauge would be now illegal.

Sold it many years ago.

01-03-2007, 1:10 PM
hey neo
your not talking about the k-var aku-94 bullpup kit are you?
i couldn't find it on the century site can you send me a link?

01-03-2007, 3:00 PM
it looks really short too
ok, it looks like it's pretty much the same size as the fs2000.
27.6 inches. and the barrel is 16.3 inches. it looked like a 20 inch barrel to me. it has a muzzle brake already. i think a bolt action or adding some length to the buttstock or a longer muzzle brake would work. a custom buttstock should be easy since it looks like it screws on and it's all metal.

01-03-2007, 3:28 PM
Yeah, Neo, how come you keep knowing about Century parts kits that I don't? :p

01-03-2007, 4:44 PM
I'd be ecstatic if just the Vepr Pioneer made it over.