PDA

View Full Version : Info request

thefurball
01-03-2007, 1:26 PM
Can anyone point me to an FFL in Northern California that is willing to transfer an OLL?

I tried my four local dealers:

Two said yes it was legal but they didnít want to touch it;

One said yes it was legal but the nice man at DOJ had told him that if they did transfer an OLL and someone built an AW out of it, DOJ would come after him as well as the guy that built the AW, so he didnít want to touch it; and

The forth fellow assured me in no uncertain terms that there is absolutely positively no way to legally transfer an AR series lower in California.

blkA4alb
01-03-2007, 1:27 PM
They are legal, if you doubt it read the FAQ on the home page.

Irvington Arms in Fremont will transfer your lower no problem.

bwiese
01-03-2007, 1:30 PM
One said yes it was legal but the nice man at DOJ had told him that if they did transfer an OLL and someone built an AW out of it, DOJ would come after him as well as the guy that built the AW, so he didnít want to touch it; and

Could you please tell me (or PM me) the name of this dealer? Perchance you have the name of the DOJ employee making threats?

The Right People need to hear about this and get it into their database.

grywlfbg
01-03-2007, 1:40 PM
You can also check out coldwarshooters.com and at the botom there's a link to "FFLs on file". Looks like there's one in Sunnyvale, Fremont, Martinez (if you're in the North Bay), Sac, Santa Clara, etc.

Come join the club!

Chris

Aluisious
01-03-2007, 1:51 PM
Can anyone point me to an FFL in Northern California that is willing to transfer an OLL?

I tried my four local dealers:

Two said yes it was legal but they didnít want to touch it;

The forth fellow assured me in no uncertain terms that there is absolutely positively no way to legally transfer an AR series lower in California.
SJ Gun Exchange, and I hear Roger's Relics does it. Both are in South Bay.

megavolt121
01-03-2007, 1:59 PM
SJ Gun Exchange, and I hear Roger's Relics does it. Both are in South Bay.

SJGE isn't doing anymore transfers. They lost their FFL

Aluisious
01-03-2007, 2:00 PM
SJGE isn't doing anymore transfers. They lost their FFL
Really? I missed the news on that. There a link to that somewhere?

grywlfbg
01-03-2007, 2:11 PM
No formal announcement but I was down there picking up 2 OLLs in late December and the old man there mentioned it. Sad to see - we lost a real ally there.

Chris