PDA

View Full Version : Rehberg amendment 7/13 block BATFE funding for long gun sales?

mag360
07-13-2011, 6:13 PM
On "thehill.com" website in the financial section, they said the Rehberg amendment passed the house by a wide margin to block the funding for the ATF to track long gun sales.

The article also said "Republicans soundly defeated a Democratic attempt to limit gun purchases by suspected terrorists and succeeded in inserting language to allow imports of more powerful types of shotguns."

what shotguns are they talking about?

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/171255-gop-votes-to-block-funding-for-new-gun-sale-requirements

Kharn
07-13-2011, 6:25 PM
ATF has been making noise about blocking the importation of non-sporting shotguns (ie a Saiga with bayonet lug, 10rd mag, pistol grip, etc).

mag360
07-13-2011, 6:49 PM
I knew about the saiga and the "shotgun" study, I wasn't sure if this had anything to with that or with another shotgun. Anyone know where i can get a text of the amendment?

lgm118icbm
07-14-2011, 7:58 AM
I guess I will write letters to Boxer and Feinstein.

Maybe I can convince them through the powerful words of persuasion to cosponsor this bill.

1Fastrider
07-14-2011, 8:05 AM
I guess I will write letters to Boxer and Feinstein.

Maybe I can convince them through the powerful words of persuasion to cosponsor this bill.

I sent my emails to them even though I assume they'll be filed in the round bin. Oh well. :mad:

yellowfin
07-14-2011, 8:34 AM
ATF has been making noise about blocking the importation of non-sporting shotguns (ie a Saiga with bayonet lug, 10rd mag, pistol grip, etc).Not only noise, they've supposedly been doing it already.

lgm118icbm
07-14-2011, 9:46 AM
Just sent my letters to Boxer and Feinstein. They will probably be used as toilette paper.

Bigtime1
07-14-2011, 1:41 PM
ATF has been making noise about blocking the importation of non-sporting shotguns (ie a Saiga with bayonet lug, 10rd mag, pistol grip, etc).

Someone needs to educate the ATF on the sport of Three Gun.

mrdd
07-14-2011, 4:15 PM
I knew about the saiga and the "shotgun" study, I wasn't sure if this had anything to with that or with another shotgun. Anyone know where i can get a text of the amendment?

Here is a copy of all the amendments to the bill adopted by the committee yesterday.

http://appropriations.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Amendments_to_the_Commerce_Justice_Science_Bill_FY _2012.pdf

ETA: See page 4 of the PDF

MasterYong
07-14-2011, 4:22 PM
Someone needs to educate the ATF on the sport of Three Gun.

Someone needs to educate the ATF that "sport" has NOTHING to do with my basic human rights.

Am I only allowed the freedom of speech for "sporting" purposes?

Am I protected against unreasonable search only if it's a "sporting" search?

I can't even IMAGINE how my religious freedom could only apply to "sporting" situations (a game of "catch the pedopriest" maybe?)

It's not about getting Saiga's and other imported shotguns legitimately recognized as "sporting." It's the requirement that they be "sporting" at all.

mag360
07-14-2011, 7:06 PM
that amendment is great. No funds can be used to block the importation of a shotgun already considered legal prior to January 1, 2011.

oni.dori
07-14-2011, 7:48 PM
Why limit it to just shotguns, why not add pistols, rifles, and ammo in to that as well? Why not just throw in ALL of the underhanded stuff they are trying to do in conjunction with Obama's "Executive Orders"? Why not just cut off their (along with the Prez's) ability to enact defacto "laws"?