PDA

View Full Version : Can't email state legislators? Use congress.org! now!

mag360
07-13-2011, 12:52 PM
So I tried emailing a lot of anti-gun state legislators like Nancy Skinner, Kevin DeLeon and Tom Ammiano, they all bounced back undeliverable. They BLOCK their freakin email.

Solution? Register on www.congress.org and send it from there.

"Confirmed! Your letter has been sent. Thank you for using Congress.org to contact your elected officials.

Want to stay involved?

Find how YOUR Members voted. Click here to sign up for a free weekly e-mail that tells you how your Member of Congress voted.

Follow YOUR state's news on Facebook. Click here to "like" your state and get the news about your lawmakers on Facebook.

Other options from our partner sites:
•Want to read what Washington reads? Sign up for the CQ Roll Call Daily Briefing.
•Need political news fast? Sign up for Taegan Goddard's Political Wire.
• Become a fan of Congress.org on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Your message was sent to:

Senator Kevin De Leon (D-CA 22nd) "

my letter: Senator DeLeon,

I'm a sportsmen and hunt and target shoot. What ammunition will I be able to use if/when SB124 is signed? Will rounds such as standard factory FMJ ammo commonly used for target practice, which is a copper coated lead bullet, or self defense ammo like a hollow points which police use still be legal?

Also, the ATF has ruled that .223, 6.5 and 6.8 rifle rounds are now considered "pistol rounds". Rifle rounds although not designed as "armor piercing", can by virtue of being higher powered for long distance shooting, go through metal that a hand gun round can't. It depends on what you define as armor. Is a car door armor? Because any hunting bullet can go through that. It should be noted that true armor piercing ammo is already illegal nationwide.

It is important to try and fight crime, but I don't want to have to put away my rifles that I hunt with, and pistols that use for self defense and target shooting.

mag360
07-13-2011, 1:05 PM
had to use a Berkeley address to email Skinner. what a hoax.

Your message was sent to:

Assemblymember Nancy Skinner (D-CA 14th)

donw
07-13-2011, 3:37 PM
what else can be expected from the anti-gunners?

they do not want to "Face the music".

I've heard that Deleon will limit out on his term this time...i hope so...we don't want or need legislators like him.

mag360
07-13-2011, 5:23 PM
oh he won't go away, he's like herpes. keeps coming back for more fun.