PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento CCW differs from San Diego CCW

Ossa
07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
I just spoke with a friend in Sacramento that finally got his first CCW permit. Apparently he doesn't have a "business only" restriction on it. In San Diego, mine specifically states that it's for "business use" only. Will this restriction eventually disappear here in San Diego? There should be a uniform standard applied across the entire state in my opinion.

paul0660
07-13-2011, 11:49 AM
There should be a uniform standard applied across the entire state in my opinion.

For sure. Sacramento issues for self defense. It sounds like your restriction is a result of your submitted "good cause".

dantodd
07-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Not all San Diego permits have the "business only" restriction. Currently the issuing authority can include just about any restriction they like on the permit as long as it is printed on the actual permit.

Krak
07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I just spoke with a friend in Sacramento that finally got his first CCW permit. Apparently he doesn't have a "business only" restriction on it. In San Diego, mine specifically states that it's for "business use" only. Will this restriction eventually disappear here in San Diego? There should be a uniform standard applied across the entire state in my opinion.

You pretty much answered your own question. While San Diego is relatively conservative compared to LA and SF, the current sheriff is fairly anti-2A and it won't change until one that is pro-2A is voted in. Either that or a statewide shall issue law passes but I wouldn't count on that.

wildhawker
07-13-2011, 1:14 PM
You pretty much answered your own question. While San Diego is relatively conservative compared to LA and SF, the current sheriff is fairly anti-2A and it won't change until one that is pro-2A is voted in. Either that or a statewide shall issue law passes but I wouldn't count on that.

Actually, neither will happen. CA will get non-discretionary carry for law-abiding residents through the courts.

OP, yours is a TPM restriction authorized by statute and applied by Sheriff Gore. Sheriff Jones in Sacto doesn't impose those restrictions by choice.

-Brandon

sfpcservice
07-13-2011, 1:31 PM
I'm pretty sure almost everything I do in my day to day routine could be related to my business....somehow. Chances are you'd never have to articulate it because no one will ever know you are carrying.

Ossa
07-13-2011, 2:06 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm just hoping that we will lose the restrictions here shortly.

Pixs
07-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Time to expand your business; 24/7 any where.

FatalKitty
07-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Time to expand your business; 24/7 any where.

simply carry your business cell phone with you everywhere... problem solved.

Danhood
07-14-2011, 3:11 PM
I belief the sheriff can add any restrictions it wants. I have a Sacramento CCW and my only restrictions are "Not valid if consuming alcohol or remaining at any establishment that primarily serves alcohol"

donw
07-14-2011, 3:30 PM

i applied once a few years ago in San Diego, and was told: "You may take all the exams, classes, pay all the fees, meet all the requirements and pass all the background checks, but still be denied." :eek: :(

when i asked "Why?" i was told: "Because...we don't need a reason to deny you a CCW." :eek: :confused: :mad:

as i remember, Bill Kollender was sheriff then.

hopefully, things have improved since then...:cool:

Krak
07-14-2011, 3:42 PM
i applied once a few years ago in San Diego, and was told: "You may take all the exams, classes, pay all the fees, meet all the requirements and pass all the background checks, but still be denied." :eek: :(

when i asked "Why?" i was told: "Because...we don't need a reason to deny you a CCW." :eek: :mad:

Not at all :(

SJgunguy24
07-14-2011, 4:01 PM
At least you have a chance at a CCW. In Santa Clara county I don't really have a good enough reason because I can't afford to give the Sherrifs booster club money. Even though I work in the gun business, carry large sums of cash, work odd hours in an industrial area but none of that is good enough.

Quser.619
07-14-2011, 4:05 PM
Small business owner here & decided against going for it for that same reason. A lot of BS, only to have it limited. I refuse to make donations to a potential law enforcement officer, seems rather unseemly

Liberty1
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM

The legacy of a liberty hating Ca Police Chief / Sheriff: adding your name to losing Supreme Court Cases! http://www.google.com/m/url?client=ms-android-verizon&ei=M8kfToDHEoj0sgeH_O73AQ&gl=us&hl=en&q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolender_v._Lawson&source=android-browser-type&ved=0CBQQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHc_bk2Y1u-lVufDd0igKPPFqHFRA

hoffmang
07-14-2011, 10:08 PM
The difference between Sacramento County and San Diego County:

1. CGF attacked Sacramento County.

2. Someone else attacked San Diego County.

Just saying :)

-Gene

G17GUY
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM

-Gene

:chris:

wildhawker
07-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Where's the "that'll leave a mark" emoticon?! :cool:

-Brandon

-Gene