PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Skinner and SB 124

Happyfrenchman
07-13-2011, 8:20 AM
I just received this response from Nancy Skinner, I thought I'd share her viewpoint with the forum. It is time we work together to take back our state and our rights.

Thank you for your recent correspondence in opposition of Senate Bill 124. I value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to write to me.

This bill modifies definitions in certain statutes related to handgun ammunition and armor-piercing ammunition. SB 124 has passed through the Senate and the Assembly Committee on Public Safety, of which I am a member. I voted for the bill because I think placing limits on the sale of harmful ammunition is one way to cut down on gun violence in our communities.

Again, thank you for keeping me informed of your views. While I regret that we disagree on the merits of this legislation, I hope you will continue to contact me regarding state issues of concern to you.

It is an honor to serve you in Sacramento.

Sincerely,

Nancy Skinner

Assemblymember, 14th District

dustoff31
07-13-2011, 8:35 AM
She, her staff that is, could have saved a lot of time by just typing "FOAD."

hawk1
07-13-2011, 8:39 AM
Ask her if there should be limits on the sale of ink pens as well.

Happyfrenchman
07-13-2011, 8:48 AM
Dang I love Google :D

proclone1
07-13-2011, 8:52 AM
Well shoot, we've been goin about this whole ammo thing the wrong way! From now on, we should do our best to purchase only HARMLESS ammunition.

Paul S
07-13-2011, 9:16 AM
I just received this response from Nancy Skinner, I thought I'd share her viewpoint with the forum. It is time we work together to take back our state and our rights.

Thank you for your recent correspondence in opposition of Senate Bill 124. I value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to write to me.

This bill modifies definitions in certain statutes related to handgun ammunition and armor-piercing ammunition. SB 124 has passed through the Senate and the Assembly Committee on Public Safety, of which I am a member. I voted for the bill because I think placing limits on the sale of harmful ammunition is one way to cut down on gun violence in our communities.

Again, thank you for keeping me informed of your views. While I regret that we disagree on the merits of this legislation, I hope you will continue to contact me regarding state issues of concern to you.

It is an honor to serve you in Sacramento.

Sincerely,

Nancy Skinner

Quite typical of an anti I would say. Nothing to see here...move along

And vote the broad out when she comes up for reelection.

blazeaglory
07-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Harmful ammunition? Isnt that...Nevermind

I heard she wants to ban steak knives as well to cut down on all the "harmful" knives in my kitchen?

CHS
07-13-2011, 10:19 AM
I prefer my ammo harmful.

When I'm shooting an attacker that's trying to kill me, I would like my ammo to hurt him.

jdberger
07-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I prefer my ammo harmful.

When I'm shooting an attacker that's trying to kill me, I would like my ammo to hurt him.

QFT

scarville
07-13-2011, 10:34 AM
If I ever had any doubt about the intelligence and motivation of this woman, the above removed them. There is no appeal to a mind that is empty of reason and a heart that is full of evil.

Ctwo
07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Is there any actual data on "harmful" ammunition being used in violent gun crimes?

97F1504RAD
07-13-2011, 11:30 AM
The bottom line is this. She got your letter and could care less that you oppose it since she likes it she will support it. Hmm, I thought they worked and were suppose to represent us.

Krak
07-13-2011, 11:34 AM
The bottom line is this. She got your letter and could care less that you oppose it since she likes it she will support it. Hmm, I thought they worked and were suppose to represent us.

This is the sad truth. Incumbents have a 90% re-election rate. They will do as they please because they know they will be re-elected. Redistricting and Gerrymandering have destroyed the integrity of our political system and nothing will change until it's fixed.

Happyfrenchman
07-13-2011, 11:39 AM
My response back to her:

Hello,

While I agree that we should keep ammunition and guns away from criminals - let’s call them outlaws - I believe that you are doing more harm than good by your vote. If a person is an outlaw then they don't live by our rules/laws. They can and will bring in weapons & ammo from out of state or out of the country. We cannot prevent drugs or people from penetrating our borders so I don't believe we can prevent illegal weapons or ammo from entering our state/nation.

You have however hurt people such as myself with the continued encroachment on our rights. Peoples rights come before state rights and state rights come before federal rights, that is the way the nation was founded. We have become a nanny state and a nanny nation. Less government is better government.

I will support those that believe that a conservative approach to government is the proper way to govern this republic. I am becoming an activist – one of the silent majority that has found its voice.

LT

The Geologist
07-13-2011, 7:30 PM
Ever see her webpage? She's basically like Janice Hahn who was just elected in LA (36th District US House of Representatives). I suppose one could just use the non-toxic copper bullet cartridges instead. You know the one's you need to use in the Condor Zone. Cause those bullets can't kill anything, they are non-toxic. These people are so out of touch with reality

mag360
07-13-2011, 7:59 PM
nancy just wiped up her spilled soy green tea latte after laughing at you so hard it came out her nose for thinking she gave two ****s about peoples gun owners rights. edit: we don't have rights, they are just holes in the law that havent been closed up yet. we are not normal to her, we are an enemy. she cares about gay marriage rights and welfare for all.

more importantly, it creates another "protected class" for police. Can I still buy FMJ anymore?? What about jacketed hollows? It's so vague.

HogKiller
07-13-2011, 8:14 PM
Libertard, pure and simple. If they had any brains they'd be dangerous.

The Geologist
07-13-2011, 8:26 PM
nancy just wiped up her spilled soy green tea latte after laughing at you so hard it came out her nose for thinking she gave two ****s about peoples gun owners rights. we are not normal to her, we are an enemy. she cares about gay marriage rights and welfare for all.

more importantly, it creates another "protected class" for police. Can I still buy FMJ anymore?? What about jacketed hollows? It's so vague.

Yes you can, but they will be the "non-toxic" copper ones. You need to use Skinners and the other "Anti-gun Progressive types illogical logic: (1) Lead is toxic and kills things. (2)Copper is non-toxic and therefore does not. (3) Scientific studies were performed and it was deemed true, plus DFG says it's not toxic. (4) So there you go, copper bullets are a safe alternative to lead bullets.

One day the people in this State will figure it out and vote in one's that are truly representative.

Zachs300zx
07-13-2011, 8:30 PM
She's a typical anti. No supporting data or evidence what so ever, only how she "feels" or "believes". Here was her reply to the open carry bill:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding your opposition of Assembly Bill 144. I value your opinion and appreciate you taking the time to write to me.

AB 144 would change existing law and establish an exemption to the offense for transportation of a firearm between certain areas where the firearm may be carried concealed, or loaded, or openly carried unloaded, as specified. The bill would make it a misdemeanor (with exceptions) to openly carry an unloaded handgun in certain public areas.

I supported this bill when it came before me on the floor of the Assembly and the bill is now in the Senate awaiting a vote. While I regret to see that we disagree on this measure, I would like to explain my stance regarding this vote. I supported this bill because it is my belief that AB 144 will help protect the communities in which we live without imposing unreasonable registration requirements or restrictions.

Thank you for keeping me informed of your views. It is an honor to serve you in Sacramento.

Sincerely,
Nancy Skinner

Dreaded Claymore
07-13-2011, 8:51 PM
Quite typical of an anti I would say.

Typical? Are you kidding me?

Usually, the anti-gun legislators will write something like, "Thank you for writing to me about this gun-related bill. I vigorously support your right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment protects a grand American tradition of hunting and sportsmanship, blah blah blah." They will never mention the fact that they voted to increase restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms over and over again.

Indeed, I seem to remember someone posting a letter from a state legislator in which the legislator claimed he had voted against the bill in question, when in fact he was recorded as voting for it!

I, personally, find Skinner's forthright honesty refreshing. If it was my letter she was replying to, I would send her a thank-you note for it. And if I had the chance to talk to her in person, I'd buy her a drink, if only for the opportunity to tell her about better ways to fight gun violence.

Edit: Just read your response letter. It's a good one. :thumbsup:

CycloSteve
07-14-2011, 4:24 AM
I vote that the state legislature is allowed to have pens but no ink. Ink is the dangerous part, don't you know.

Kid Stanislaus
07-14-2011, 5:00 AM
Libertard, pure and simple. If they had any brains they'd be dangerous.

And they're not now?:rolleyes: