PDA

View Full Version : Handgun Policy, Pasadena PD

Bob Hostetter
07-13-2011, 8:23 AM
Anyone know what pistol the Pasadena PD issues and what their firearms policy is?

415dog!
07-13-2011, 7:31 PM
I always see them with glocks. what is it that you are looking for in their policy?

Notorious
07-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, tell us what you need and it'll be easier to find it.

They do carry Glocks.

Bob Hostetter
07-14-2011, 6:51 AM
Just curious what the dept issues and what other pistols are approved for private purchase and carry on duty.

Runsrich
07-14-2011, 10:43 AM
They issue the Glock 22 (.40 cal). The 1911 was recently allowed to be carried (not issued) since the arrival of the new chief about a year ago. So mainly Glocks (all models), Sig P226's and P220's, and now 1911's. You'll see an older S&W automatic every once in a while, and even an M&P.

Bob Hostetter
07-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks, I assume the 870 is the vehicle weapon? Do they issue rifle or subguns?

Runsrich
07-14-2011, 10:49 AM
870/AR-15 in the vehicles. SWAT carry the subguns.

Falconis
07-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Just out of my curiosity, why are you curious?

Bob Hostetter
07-14-2011, 1:09 PM
Just trying to match up Armorer classes to what is currently in use in Southern California by LE agencies. The subguns are of the MP-5 family?

Falconis
07-14-2011, 1:32 PM
they vary

jerkyg
07-22-2011, 2:11 AM
Maybe it is just me....after 27 yrs. as an LEO...why is "Bob" asking?

Stay safe...

1911su16b870
07-22-2011, 10:18 AM
I think Bob may be looking at their Rangemaster job.

jerkyg
07-23-2011, 2:22 AM
Falconis...

That was my exact point...we dont know who is who...and why are they asking???

I personally dont like giving out that kind of info on an internet forum. Why do you want to know the fire power of any given agency or their officers??? Call me suspicious...

Stay safe...

Bob Hostetter
07-23-2011, 7:15 AM
I'll tell you what "Jerkyg", you completely identify yourself (like i have) instead of hiding behind a screen name and i will tell you why i wanted to know .... :) I am kinda of suspicious myself ....

jerkyg
07-23-2011, 10:15 AM
I concur what Falconis said...and with what I have said...with your "supposed" name or not. I am not hiding...I have a family with kids...live in a small town of 1800...they are my worry...that is why I am armed 24/7.

Thus, I still question why you are asking these questions...but, don't question my "hiding" behind a screen name...as if I am some kind of p.us.sy..

One of my reasons for being so turned off by these forums...and careful...

Stay safe...

Notorious
07-23-2011, 3:04 PM
Now now... If there is a sinister purpose, there are easier and more accurate ways to get the info.

Bob Hostetter
07-23-2011, 5:34 PM
Bob Hostetter is my real name, and if you were a real deputy with real investigative skills 15 minutes on google would have given you enough information to answer your own questions (or you could have just checked my profile). You would have found what company(s) I own, gone to at least one of my websites, downloaded a fairly complete bio including pictures, all of which would have supported the statement I made in Post #9.

And by your own admission in Post #15 you ARE hiding behind a screen name, you just claim to do it for your family ....

Falconis
07-23-2011, 5:53 PM
Ehhh, I'm hiding behind a screen name too. For more than family reasons. And let's face it, this is the internet. Anyone can claim to be anyone, so let's not all get so defensive. Even you have to admit Bob, not everyone has the best interest of law enforcement at heart most of the times.

Now with that in mind, the why question is pretty legitimate. Now with what notorious said, if there was a sinister purpose, I'm sure something will come out eventually. To be honest, even I question such motives behind questions like that. With none of us knowing who anyone really is, I would say they would be valid suspicions.

Now since it's really no big secret as to what LE carries. Like I said, they vary. From the sub gun series, all the way to the AR series for the most part. Calibers and exact models vary even further from there.

To help you out even further, more info would be necessary. Like the department, exact reason, so forth and so on. You can PM me and I can try to help out. But I know squat about southern california LEA's.

How about we all just kill this thread here and now before it gets nasty.

Falconis
07-23-2011, 5:53 PM
errrr nevermind, pasadena PD. Like I said, I know squat about southern cali stuff.

Notorious
07-23-2011, 5:54 PM
Bob Hostetter is my real name, and if you were a real deputy with real investigative skills 15 minutes on google would have given you enough information to answer your own questions (or you could have just checked my profile). You would have found what company(s) I own, gone to at least one of my websites, downloaded a fairly complete bio including pictures, all of which would have supported the statement I made in Post #9.

And by your own admission in Post #15 you ARE hiding behind a screen name, you just claim to do it for your family ....

Assuming you are the real Bob Hostetter... That is....:43:

monk
07-23-2011, 6:13 PM
Assuming you are the real Bob Hostetter... That is....:43:

Lol, I was going to mention the same thing.

BTW, I'm the REAL Nancy Pelosi :D

Bob Hostetter
07-23-2011, 6:15 PM
Well you got me there, I may have made it all up just to ask a question on the internet while working on a training syllabus that I could have found out by just calling the department. Should we wait to see if anyone calls the number on the website to see if i answer?

By the way the real Bob Hostetter is not nearly as good looking as I am (he is also a lot older).

bill_k_lopez
07-23-2011, 6:44 PM
Well you got me there, I may have made it all up just to ask a question on the internet while working on a training syllabus that I could have found out by just calling the department. Should we wait to see if anyone calls the number on the website to see if i answer?

By the way the real Bob Hostetter is not nearly as good looking as I am (he is also a lot older).

Bob - step back and take a look at the questions you are asking on an internet forum. I work for the DOD and I can tell you right now, that had I seen the same type of questions being asked about a defense contractor - I'd have been on the phone to the FBI to report you (that.s who we report security incidents to).

Your line of questioning, while completely legitimate smacks of social engineering. If in fact if you really need answers to the questions you were asking- might it not have been better to go directly to Pasadena PD rather than asking on an internet forum? If you are a tactical trainer and work with PDs you must have a contact there that can help you much more directly and accurately than just any yahoo here on Calguns that wants to respond? And I'm not referring to the person who replied to you -I'm just saying that you really have no way to verify the info supplied here.

monk
07-23-2011, 7:20 PM
Hey now, I'm not just your run of the mill yahoo. I'm a high-class yahoo. Dang racists.

Notorious
07-23-2011, 7:23 PM
Lol, I was going to mention the same thing.

BTW, I'm the REAL Nancy Pelosi :D

I'm the real slim shady, please stand up, please stand up!!!:chris::cool2::D:rolleyes::p

Bob Hostetter
07-23-2011, 7:29 PM
Actually Nancy i have been meaning to talk to you about that new health plan ... :)

TrailerparkTrash
07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Actually, asking what caliber of a gun a certain SoCal LE agency carries is really irrelevant. Assume the cops of SoCal and everywhere else, carry handguns, rifles and shotguns. ....and lots of them.

So, why would it be so "TOP SECRET" or "suspicious" to know what the caliber of those weapons are for individual agencies??? It's no big deal and the knowledge of knowing what caliber a street cop or a swat team member carries isn't going to give a "one up" advantage to a bad guy. 9mm, .40, .45,,,, 00 buck, 000 buck or #4 buck...... Doesn't matter if that "info" gets out to the public.

I think a more important message should be that the cops here on this thread cease to ever discuss "TACTICS" and/or proceedures used to get the job done for a critical inicdent. I've seen too many cops here (or at least wanna be cops) giving out sensitive info that really matters....... That practice should not be allowed on this forum.

I recommend that if one here is a cop, don't give out sensitive info related to tactics, proceedures, etc.... (you know what I mean).

Peace out.

jerkyg
07-24-2011, 2:01 AM
Thank you Falconis...

I am by far not the most articulate one on here. I just call it like it is...as far as I see it...feel it. Yet, I constantly get crap for it.

Yes...I do hide behind my screen name...because of my family/kids...are my number one fear of reprisals. If they want me...they will come after my family.

With that said...I appreciate a number of the comments that said it better than I can. Remember, I am just a "grunt"...so, what do I know.

Thanks again to all of you that made the point better than I could. As I have said before, I will always defer to those that are better able to state what I am trying to say.

Stay safe...

Ehhh, I'm hiding behind a screen name too. For more than family reasons. And let's face it, this is the internet. Anyone can claim to be anyone, so let's not all get so defensive. Even you have to admit Bob, not everyone has the best interest of law enforcement at heart most of the times.

Now with that in mind, the why question is pretty legitimate. Now with what notorious said, if there was a sinister purpose, I'm sure something will come out eventually. To be honest, even I question such motives behind questions like that. With none of us knowing who anyone really is, I would say they would be valid suspicions.

Now since it's really no big secret as to what LE carries. Like I said, they vary. From the sub gun series, all the way to the AR series for the most part. Calibers and exact models vary even further from there.

To help you out even further, more info would be necessary. Like the department, exact reason, so forth and so on. You can PM me and I can try to help out. But I know squat about southern california LEA's.

How about we all just kill this thread here and now before it gets nasty.