PDA

View Full Version : Buds does not ship semi- auto rifles to California?

thefitter
07-12-2011, 1:09 PM
Just saw this on one of Buds Gunbroker ads:

"California - No hi-cap mags w/o a hi-cap mag permit. No defense/clip fed shotguns. No semi-auto rifles. No M-16 bolts. L.A., Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No ammo w/o a FFL."

Sgt Seahorse
07-12-2011, 1:13 PM
Other states just don't won't to deal with the bs of our state

stix213
07-12-2011, 1:17 PM
No "clip" fed shotguns? Tells me all I need to know there

luckystrike
07-12-2011, 1:38 PM
I emailed them asking about a clip fed shotgun

sholling
07-12-2011, 1:45 PM
Last week they were advertising a S&W MP15 (AR15) with a bullet button and 10rd mag for those that lived in states requiring a fixed mag or BB. That sounds like California to me.

They just may have a very limited selection due to the fact that they don't want to deal with swapping out full capacity mags or installing BBs.

Edit: Here is the listing.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=71969

Flopper
07-12-2011, 1:47 PM
They don't ship to the three listed cities.

They ship to the rest of CA; I have a friend that recently bought 2 semi-auto rifles and one Saiga 12 from them.

In the event that you ever find a dealer with a can't miss deal who won't deal with CA, have them ship to an out of state middleman FFL, and have them ship to you.

Here's an example from AZ:

http://www.quentindefense.com/

Great prices and fast, and he'll even install CA compliance devices if necessary.

Bruce
07-12-2011, 1:47 PM
I've dealt with Bud's and always had good service. Before you bag on them too much, remember that they were one of the first dealers to jump on board when the CLFC bs went into effect. Besides, it could be worse:

BUDSGUNSHOP.COM RESTRICTED STATE SALES POLICIES

California - No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No M-16 Bolts.
Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No Ammo without a FFL.
Connecticut - No Semi-Auto Rifles.
Hawaii - No Pistol Mags over 10rds.
Illinois - No Ammo without a FFL or FOID.
Maryland Now shipping Guns.
Massachusetts - No Handguns. No Hi Capacity Mags.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.
New Jersey - No Hi-Cap Mags over 15rds without a FFL.
New York State Firearms legal to upper NY STATE. No Shipping to NYC Washington DC - No Hi-Cap Mags. No Ammo.
Washington State - No M-16 Bolts

GettoPhilosopher
07-12-2011, 6:59 PM
They ship to the rest of CA; I have a friend that recently bought 2 semi-auto rifles and one Saiga 12 from them.

???

Their policy clearly states no semi-auto rifles or magazine-fed shotguns. I've also asked them before, and they clearly told me they will NOT ship semi-auto rifles to CA.

So....did your friend use a middleman FFL, or is he LEO/Mil/"special"?

EBR Works
07-12-2011, 7:47 PM
Just received a semi-auto from them today that was ordered by a client. Just a little Marlin 795, but still an evil semi-auto. :rolleyes:

RiverRunner
07-12-2011, 7:49 PM
I got my M1A from them last month without a hitch. :confused:

Wernher von Browning
07-12-2011, 7:52 PM
???
I've also asked them before, and they clearly told me they will NOT ship semi-auto rifles to CA.

Bummer. I've been shopping around for a Ruger 10/22 for Appleseed and Bud's looks like they have very attractive prices and selection.

strongpoint
07-12-2011, 9:55 PM
they shipped an M1A to my FFL (in san jose), no problem. i suspect their policy exists simply so they can point to it when explaining why they won't sell you that AR.

Munk
07-12-2011, 11:45 PM
I think Bud's has this in there just so they can always err on the side of caution. If they KNOW for absolute sure that a rifle is good to go, they'll send it out. This way there's no need for them to do extra research, or take the customer's word for it. IF they don't know for sure, they just point to this little exclusionary line in their rules and say "sorry, that's a no-go".

CHS
07-13-2011, 10:27 AM
No M-16 bolts."

They must mean bolt CARRIERS.

Because an M16 bolt is identical to an AR15 bolt.

tacticalcity
07-13-2011, 10:33 AM
The policy was probably there before all the recent changes to our laws and never updated on their sight because they are taking it case by case and reserve the right to refuse to ship something to CA if in doubt.

Face it, our laws are confusing as hell. You can't blame them if they get a little flustered when dealing with them.

Flopper
07-13-2011, 10:34 AM
???

Their policy clearly states no semi-auto rifles or magazine-fed shotguns. I've also asked them before, and they clearly told me they will NOT ship semi-auto rifles to CA.

So....did your friend use a middleman FFL, or is he LEO/Mil/"special"?

He had it shipped directly to Roger's Relics in Santa Clara, so I assume Bud's verbiage is either outdated or as others have said, just to dissuade Californians from buying in order to avoid headaches.

Either way I'm confused since they were one of the first big dealers to put up with the CA CFLC program.

I suggest ordering by phone from Bud's, and if they don't want to sell to you just have it shipped to a middleman FFL. If you deal with the right one it's affordable and avoids the headaches of trying to persuade someone that you're right about legalities.

sniper4usmc
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Buds sell Bullet Button Equipped Sig 516 Rifle
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/74336

stormy_clothing
07-13-2011, 6:29 PM
no man totally boycott everyone because you stood by while elected officials stripped away all of your personal freedoms and the total potential gain of all rifles that could ever be sold to California could be wiped out by one mistake on buds part.

I've bought from them before without issue and would do so again.