PDA

View Full Version : Open carry poll

EvoXRiley
07-12-2011, 10:28 AM
just want to see how many CGN's exercise the Open carry law, atleast until it gets voted on.

im looking into doing this now, but not to sure to be honest.

J.D.Allen
07-12-2011, 10:30 AM
This brings a saying to mind...something about a can and some kind of long, squirmy insect...:rolleyes:

hawk1
07-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Make sure you have a slush fund for bail and a good attorney...
Odds are that you'll trip up and make a mistake before the LEO's do.

the big ravioli
07-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Make sure you have a slush fund for bail and a good attorney...
Odds are that you'll trip up and make a mistake before the LEO's do.

Said it before I could!

The Shadow
07-12-2011, 10:48 AM
This brings a saying to mind...something about a can and some kind of long, squirmy insect...:rolleyes:

Worms are not insects, they're worms. :D

j.primo
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
:beatdeadhorse5:

:beatdeadhorse5:

MudCamper
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I open carry in National Forests and BLM lands.

nicki
07-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Some of us will UOC only at UOC events.

From my perspective, it is only useful for making a "Political Statement", like let's say "Flag Burning".

While most here "feel" that UOC is counter productive, humans don't act logically, they react "emotionally". Let's look at another controversial issue.

The push for "Gay Marriage" when it was first proposed was not supported by many in the LBGT community itself. The early proponents of "Gay Marriage" were similar to the UOC advocates.

While the voters did pass prop 8, many people have since shifted positions on the issue.

If the courts don't undo prop 8, the people will.

The real reason the LIBTARDS have a "hard on" about UOC is they say what happened in Ohio around 2003. Then Gov Taft had been stonewalling on signing a CCW bill.

When the Ohio Supreme court ruled that people had a right to OPENLY bear arms, large OPEN carry marches happened all over OHIO and that was the final straw that pushed the Governor into action because it became an issue that the public suddenly did CARE about.

Nicki

Decoligny
07-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Never knew a worm was an insect! It is an invertabrate amphibian. You need to brush up on your biology.

Firemark
07-12-2011, 11:07 AM
just want to see how many CGN's exercise the Open carry law, atleast until it gets voted on.

im looking into doing this now, but not to sure to be honest.

care to elaborate on you honest feelings about it?

You may want to start a string on Opencarry.org California forums you will get both sides of the argument and feedback from both forums, and then you can make an informed or emotional decision.

Decoligny
07-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Actually I marked the poll wrong.

I don't UOC on a daily basis.

I LOC on a daily basis.

The joys of living in rural Kern County.

EvoXRiley
07-12-2011, 12:19 PM
care to elaborate on you honest feelings about it?

You may want to start a string on Opencarry.org California forums you will get both sides of the argument and feedback from both forums, and then you can make an informed or emotional decision.

well as a new firearms owner, ive been becoming more intrigued by what our state will and wont let us do.

To keep it simple id enjoy to UOC as it is one of our rights(that seems to be soon taken away) From a safety Standpoint, it makes sense as i work odd hours at times and in a not good area of town that i commute through from home and work, it takes no time at all to load a gun, and the chances of you actually being able to use it before an attacker is on top of you is slim,but nonethe less a weapon has a great advantage of a fist/knife

maybe i have the NFG feeling towards it, i'd like to open peoples eyes on the legal side of it, that way we can change one person at a time in the since "we arent all gun toting monsters" as the news and Politicians make us seem to be.

Agent Orange
07-12-2011, 12:45 PM
...as a new firearms owner...

And you're considering OC. Why am I not surprised?

Librarian
07-12-2011, 1:12 PM
All the usual responses. Nothing to see here ....