PDA

View Full Version : The Dumbest Gun Laws in the US Today

NorCal Mtn Flyer
07-12-2011, 10:21 AM
http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/guns/rifles/2011/06/21-worst-gun-laws-ever?ppc=out_olguns

Just a small collection listed by Outdoor Life, but not completely up to date, as Wisc has now seen the light!

Nothing new, but it has a more positive spin than most media coverage...

mosinnagantm9130
07-12-2011, 1:20 PM
That actually wasn't half bad.

aermotor
07-12-2011, 1:39 PM
Awesome.

Crom
07-12-2011, 3:01 PM
Nice composition.

stix213
07-12-2011, 3:22 PM
I was genuinely surprised that not all of them applied to CA. At least I can stop and get a soda on my way home from the range :p

Schrodinger's Cat
07-12-2011, 4:25 PM
I was genuinely surprised that not all of them applied to CA. At least I can stop and get a soda on my way home from the range :p

I was thinking the same thing. Sucks big time here for gun owners, but it's definitely NOT the worst in the country.

gunsmith
07-12-2011, 4:57 PM
for a moment I thought USA Today had a good gun story

repubconserv
07-12-2011, 6:40 PM
I forget we are actually luckier than some people in other states... it still so totally sucks to be in CA though

wilit
07-12-2011, 8:21 PM
I love #9 (Part-by-part prohibition). It mentions MMG's and BB's!

mdimeo
07-12-2011, 8:53 PM
I've often maintained that California's laws aren't that bad. I mean, they suck and all, and I get angry just thinking about them, but change to shall-issue and everything left is merely annoying; all the rest of the laws don't stop you from doing anything really *important*, like defending your family, practicing, transporting, and stopping the British Empire from quartering drunken soldiers in your guest room.

We suck, but there's half a dozen statesI wouldn't trade with.

Dreaded Claymore
07-12-2011, 9:46 PM
I've often maintained that California's laws aren't that bad. I mean, they suck and all, and I get angry just thinking about them, but change to shall-issue and everything left is merely annoying; all the rest of the laws don't stop you from doing anything really *important*, like defending your family, practicing, transporting, and stopping the British Empire from quartering drunken soldiers in your guest room.

Quote of the day. Awesome. :cool:

Yeah, we're definitely not the absolute worst. In this state, it's hard to have a military rifle that operates as it was designed to, and it's near-impossible to carry a gun, but at least you can own as many as you can afford, and keep them in your house however you want. The citizens of Chicago aren't so lucky. :(

Matthew_S
07-12-2011, 9:52 PM
I still think Cali is the worst. Plus some of those other strict locations is only in a city or county not the entire state. Also, what other states require a bullet button? I think if Cali can get rid of the bullet button thing then it wouldnt be bad. Even the 10 rd mag thing isnt that bad. I live in WA now and yet when I go shooting I never load more than 10 rds anyway.

rjh4758
07-13-2011, 12:14 AM
CA was mentioned the most and for good reason. But there are some really dumb laws in other states. Wyoming is looking better all the time;)

CHS
07-13-2011, 10:32 AM
California is not the worst state in the nation regarding gun laws.

It just feels that way because we have THE MOST gun laws so it can be very confusing to try to be a gun owner here.

We're not like New Jersey where you need to get a permit FIRST in order to buy a gun, and in some places it can take 90 days or more just to get the permit. Note that after that 90 days you still don't have a gun! Just a PERMIT to buy a gun.

Then you go to prison if you have hollowpoint self-defense rounds.

CA might have an annoying 10-day wait, but I can still go down to the local shop during lunch and buy a gun. You can't even do that in a lot of states which permitting requirements.

Also, places like New Jersey actively hassle gun owners and check up on them at the range. That pretty much doesn't happen in CA.

CA is an annoying place to be a gun owner while places like HI, NJ and NY are just downright HOSTILE places to be a gun owner.