PDA

View Full Version : Help me with the Dog Next Door

CXR89
07-12-2011, 3:40 AM
Hey guys I was wondering if any Leo's here can give me advice on my next door nieghbors dog. My next door neighbors moved in about a year ago and brought three dogs with them, one of them which is hell on my ears and on my mom and dads ears. I am writing this at 4:30 am because that dog woke me up for the 3rd night in a row and I cant go back to sleep right now. Weve been recently calling the police but the nieghbors still leave the dog outside which wakes us up at night still. Weve had problems with this dog since it moved in but me and my family can't put up with this any more. Ive asked the neighbors several nights before as well to bring the dog in because of its barking. So this combined with the police coming over should give them a hint, but apparently they don't care. Is animal control my only option now? They have come out before to the house apparentlt after talking to one of the nieghbors down the street. But when they came, the neighbor said that they talked to her about the dogs, but they only mentioned two dogs that the neighbors have, when it was actually the third one that was giving me problems. So it seems that they lied to animal control to hide the fact that this is a real niusance. Im going to go to animal control later today hopefully to file another complaint, but how can I make sure they know its basically one dog that causing all the problems. I took pictures of the dog next door, so is showing the animal control officer these pictures a good idea, to make sure she/he knows it is that only dog. And the reason why I know it is just one dog, is because the neighbors keep the other two dogs inside, which are the ones that dont bark:mad: So please guys give me some good advice here as I cant take this any more. Thanks. Rant off

geeknow
07-12-2011, 4:25 AM
You are better off working with, as opposed to on, your neighbor. Not a lot that animal control can do, should your neighbor decide to be difficult.

the big ravioli
07-12-2011, 4:54 AM
You could try to level with your neighbor once more and let them know that it's going to lead into a problem with the police or county if something is not done.

If not call in the cavalry and let the cards fall where ever the do. You could always get a no bark controller from the local pet store or wallmart. I have one for our German Shepherd and it worked GREAT! They bark you push a button, they don't bark. It's a sound issue for them and they don't like it at all. Also you neighbors won't ever know your using it...

GOOD LUCK!

CXR89
07-12-2011, 5:49 AM
Geeknow, Ive already. Me and my sister have gone over and talked to them before, and I would go over to ask them to bring it inside, but it seems that they dont care to try
Big Ravioli, were did you get it and whta was it called and how much was it?

Hopalong
07-12-2011, 5:51 AM
I've got experience with unreasonable neighbors and multiple incessant barking dogs.

Contact Animal Services and ask for the "nuisance abatement officer".

He will tell you what to do. Have a pen and paper handy; it is a long drawn out process.

If you follow his directions, don't weaken, keep records and documentation

Eventually you will get peace.

It's too bad that people are unreasonable, but it is what it is.

Good Luck. Don't weaken

dls
07-12-2011, 6:05 AM
You could go over at 4:00 am when the dog wakes you up and knock on the door, ask them if everything is ok because you heard the dog barking and thought you'd better check.
Keep doing that.

Hopalong
07-12-2011, 6:21 AM
You could go over at 4:00 am when the dog wakes you up and knock on the door, ask them if everything is ok because you heard the dog barking and thought you'd better check.
Keep doing that.

I hope you're kidding, because this is really bad advice.

The neighbor will have the police at your door telling you not to bother them and to stay off their property.

Or worse, get a restraining order against you

And you can say good by to your guns.

Also don't "fight fire with fire", like play loud music or other aggravating noise.

If you end up in front of a judge at a hearing, regarding the barking dogs, and you have done this, it won't go well for you.

If you have an unreasonable neighbor, and you want this resolved

You must go through the proper channels

the big ravioli
07-12-2011, 6:51 AM
Here are two types and the first one is the cheap model but it worked pretty good. The second one works way better. You will pay more but it works VERY well!

https://www.barkoffshop.com/?tid=3878&gclid=CISPte2F_KkCFQUHbAodSX0AMw

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/?pk_campaign=Adwords-Bark-USA-ENG&pk_kwd=no%20bark&gclid=CI7dgbuG_KkCFQUHbAodSX0AMw

the big ravioli
07-12-2011, 6:53 AM
Keep doing that.

I tried this and all they said was: It's normal for a dog to bark... It's his job. WTF?

the big ravioli
07-12-2011, 6:55 AM

The neighbor will have the police at your door telling you not to bother them and to stay off their property.

Also don't "fight fire with fire", like play loud music or other aggravating noise.

If you end up in front of a judge at a hearing, regarding the barking dogs, and you have done this, it won't go well for you.

It's only bad advice if your a being a **** when they answer the door. He is right about the noise retaliation. It won't work & they will have you now in the cross hairs.

97F1504RAD
07-12-2011, 7:01 AM
I've got experience with unreasonable neighbors and multiple incessant barking dogs.

He will tell you what to do. Have a pen and paper handy; it is a long drawn out process.

Good Luck. Don't weaken

Yep it is a very long and drawn out process. You are basically going to have to document every time the dog barks what time it begins what time it stops etc etc.

glock_this
07-12-2011, 7:04 AM
Offer, or suggest, a bark collar. They are very humane.

dk94044
07-12-2011, 7:08 AM
throw some ruffied kibble over the fence.

No, do not do this.
retired

Shellshocker66
07-12-2011, 7:29 AM
So here is the problem. The owners are IDIOTS! The poor dog is just doing anything to get attention because he is bored. The other dogs are not out there and he is left alone. Dogs like to be in packs be it human or other dogs.

One suggestion is to offer to take the dog yourself and provide it with a good home. With the multiple requests for the dog to be quiet and police/animal control they just might surrender it. If you can't take it in, ask some friends/co-workers if they are looking for a dog. That would be the most humane thing for the dog.

If that is not an option, just follow what Hopalong told you. Probably going to take awhile but its better then listening to the barking!

dls
07-12-2011, 8:15 AM

I guess I need to do that to solicitors that knock on my door also.

PositiveInfluence
07-12-2011, 8:36 AM
I went through the same thing about a year ago, neighbor dog woke at 3am and barked until 6am. I worked with animal control for almost a year as well as my neighbors to get either the dog or neighbors gone. It is a long process but it keeps you clear of any mud slinging when they do get their notice to quit and either give up their home or give up the dog. I also found that if you and your neighbors band together and write a formal letter stating the issues and that you are starting down the channels with animal control, the problem family sometimes takes a hint and does something about the problem. There is nothing like a long letter sent from 30 different neighboring houses telling you to STFU.

Good luck!!

MaHoTex
07-12-2011, 8:42 AM

Translation: Exlax mixed in hamburger meat.

or,

Find out their phone number and when the dog barks at 4:00AM, call them, and hang up. Repeat until dog stops barking. FYI, there are gateways available for calling via the internet. Google is your friend.

or,

Rig up a sound controlled activator for your garden hose to spay water everytime it barks. (Like the guy did with the cats)

Dang I hate dogs... All stories end up the same... Dog barks, neighbor gets irritated... Rinse and repeat.

No, do not do any of the above.
retired

Edited after retired: Intent of call was not intended to harass the owner. Rather a means to wake them up, in good faith, without having to go knock on their door at 4:00AM and to avoid and confrontation where the police would be called. Was not aware it was illegal. No harm intended.

MaHoTex
07-12-2011, 8:49 AM
Buy a rooster.

HaHaHa... Reminds me of the thread several weeks ago where someone was asking about what to do with a rooster making noise early in the morning. Some of the discussions were epic! "Fried chicken anyone." haha

HarrisonS004
07-12-2011, 10:45 AM
HaHaHa... Reminds me of the thread several weeks ago where someone was asking about what to do with a rooster making noise early in the morning. Some of the discussions were epic! "Fried chicken anyone." haha

Ahh that would be the thread that talked about making it a featureless rooster hahah. That was hilarious. Good luck with the dog OP, x2 to what most other people have been saying about documenting and doing it legally.

retired
07-12-2011, 2:09 PM

Translation: Exlax mixed in hamburger meat.

or,

Find out their phone number and when the dog barks at 4:00AM, call them, and hang up. Repeat until dog stops barking. FYI, there are gateways available for calling via the internet. Google is your friend.

or,

Rig up a sound controlled activator for your garden hose to spay water everytime it barks. (Like the guy did with the cats)

dk94044 and MaHoTex, advocating drugging an animal or making annoying phone calls (653m pc) is illegal and doing so is unacceptable on this forum. If you do not wish to lose your privilege to be on this forum, do not do so in the future or this may occur.

Jack L
07-12-2011, 2:50 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if any Leo's here can give me advice on my next door nieghbors dog. My next door neighbors moved in about a year ago and brought three dogs with them, one of them which is hell on my ears and on my mom and dads ears. I am writing this at 4:30 am because that dog woke me up for the 3rd night in a row and I cant go back to sleep right now. Weve been recently calling the police but the nieghbors still leave the dog outside which wakes us up at night still. Weve had problems with this dog since it moved in but me and my family can't put up with this any more. Ive asked the neighbors several nights before as well to bring the dog in because of its barking. So this combined with the police coming over should give them a hint, but apparently they don't care. Is animal control my only option now? They have come out before to the house apparentlt after talking to one of the nieghbors down the street. But when they came, the neighbor said that they talked to her about the dogs, but they only mentioned two dogs that the neighbors have, when it was actually the third one that was giving me problems. So it seems that they lied to animal control to hide the fact that this is a real niusance. Im going to go to animal control later today hopefully to file another complaint, but how can I make sure they know its basically one dog that causing all the problems. I took pictures of the dog next door, so is showing the animal control officer these pictures a good idea, to make sure she/he knows it is that only dog. And the reason why I know it is just one dog, is because the neighbors keep the other two dogs inside, which are the ones that dont bark:mad: So please guys give me some good advice here as I cant take this any more. Thanks. Rant off

There are bark control collars that would keep the animal from barking. Your neighbor should invest in one before they pay a fine. Could you record the barking and place a time on it? That would be your evidence.

http://www.thepetstoreonline.com/bark-control-size-filters.html?gclid=CKzsudDx_KkCFQ5EgwodW2skzg

PositiveInfluence
07-12-2011, 3:07 PM
http://www.thepetstoreonline.com/petsafe-pbc00-11216-outdoor-bark-control-birdhouse.html

Check that out.

TRICKSTER
07-12-2011, 3:47 PM
First, where so you live? Most cities have ordinances that cover this. Keep a log and keep filing complaints with animal control
Take pictures of all three dogs. They may have claimed to have only two because some cities limit the number of dogs you can own and they have to be licensed. Without knowing what city you are in, it is impossible to provide more specific advise.

MaHoTex
07-12-2011, 4:29 PM
Doh! Sorry... Did not know that calling was not legal. I was simply offering of a means to wake up the owners of the offending dog without having to go knock on their door at 4:30AM. Maybe instead of hanging up, tell them their dog continues to bark and to please resolve the situation.

Point made and understood.

ArmyMedicMoose
07-12-2011, 4:35 PM
Get a Bullmastiff, best breed i have ever hand. Great with kids, easy house dog and the meanest badest bark around. and 140 pounds of dog going to scare anyone

conanobrennan
07-12-2011, 5:03 PM
Get a Bullmastiff, best breed i have ever hand. Great with kids, easy house dog and the meanest badest bark around. and 140 pounds of dog going to scare anyone

:confused: did you read the thread, moose?

If you don't want to go through the formal channels get one of the antibark collars or dog silencers. seems to be your only option at this point if the neighbors are apathetic about your plight. It's sad to see dogs punished for having faulty owners.

ArmyMedicMoose
07-12-2011, 5:08 PM
LOL no not really, but know that i have. I have the same problem, have called animal control, police and even tried talking to them(before the cops and animal control) there always small claims court.

BigDogatPlay
07-12-2011, 6:08 PM
I have a next door neighbor who leaves three yappy little dogs largely unattended. They get no attention or correction. Other than getting fed (and I only assume that they get fed) they get left to their own devices. Yeah, it's annoying at 3 am when they start yapping at a cat walking along the fence. And sometimes I wish they'd just shut up period. But I roll over and go back to sleep because, quite honestly, what am I going to do about it?

I can't harm the dogs. That would be stupid, illegal and besides, it's not any fault of the dogs. Calling the PD or animal control (not like the latter has anyone actually on duty when it's most problematic) is not really a solution and would likely only make the neighborhood situation tense.

The bottom line... the guy next door who owns the dogs is a complete douche far more interested in his oversized garage toys than in the family companion animals. I have the satisfaction of knowing that no matter how much his dogs annoy me, he is still, and always will be, a douche.

And he has to live with that.... I don't. :)

Just tune it out or buy ear plugs.

ChuckBooty
07-13-2011, 2:09 AM
I have a neighbor dog who does the same damn thing. The neighbors will leave all damn night and leave the poor guy (older golden retriever) outside. The thing gets bored/upset/anxious/whatever and starts barking. I started throwing rawhide bones (no rufies...just bones) over and it gives him something to do. It works.

jerkyg
07-13-2011, 8:22 PM
Hopalong is tripping...and obviously has never been in court regarding restraining orders...I have personally seen many.

Thus, it is ridiculous...that they could get a restraining order against you...they have to go to court and prove that you truly are a threat. And you explain why...you are just being a good neighbor.

They could never get a restraining order against you...unless you don't show up. And even if you don't...the judge will not put an order against you with their complaint. That would mean you would also have to give up your weapons...stay away i.e....100 yards from them. It is serious stuff. Not going to happen regarding a dog barking and that you knocking on their door to make sure their all are okay.

I love the idea of going over when their dogs are barking and ask them if everything is ok...great advice. Could be that you have seen a "Peeping Tom" in the area....yes?

And you articulate that you are...again...just being a good neighbor.

It is called a nuisance...and it is in the civil code. You can actually sue them.

But, start small...let them know your complaint. Then go from there..

Stay safe....

QUOTE=Hopalong;6755486]I hope you're kidding, because this is reallybad advice.

You must go through the proper channels[/QUOTE]

vintagearms
07-13-2011, 8:33 PM

Good Luck. Don't weaken

Yup, I was "that" guy in the neighborhood that couldnt sleep and complained about a barking dog. Boy, was it worth it...:D

jerkyg
07-13-2011, 8:42 PM
And end note....living on my 7 acre ranch...we don't worry about barking dogs. If they come on our property...we have the right to shoot them...

Hope your neighbors don't move up here....LOL

Stay safe...

oddjob
07-13-2011, 9:05 PM
A friend of mine owns two dogs that barked constantly. The neighbors talked to him and this didn't work. The husband called animal control and got good advice. The couple would call animal control and it was constantly documented. Statements were taken from neighbors.

They went to court and the judge asked my friend about a bark collar and my friend said nope. $350.00 fine. Dogs kept barking and he got another court trip and fined again. He then yelled at the couple and they got a retraining order against him (he's an idiot). Problem resolved though.

Bottom line is you might have to hit them with court dates, fines & etc to get them to do something. Its amazing how money can motivate people to do the right thing.

Samuelx
07-13-2011, 9:40 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/732368/dog_assistance/

:D

Hopalong
07-14-2011, 5:33 AM
Hopalong is tripping...and obviously has never been in court regarding restraining orders...I have personally seen many.

Thus, it is ridiculous...that they could get a restraining order against you...they have to go to court and prove that you truly are a threat. And you explain why...you are just being a good neighbor.

They could never get a restraining order against you...unless you don't show up. And even if you don't...the judge will not put an order against you with their complaint. That would mean you would also have to give up your weapons...stay away i.e....100 yards from them. It is serious stuff. Not going to happen regarding a dog barking and that you knocking on their door to make sure their all are okay.

I love the idea of going over when their dogs are barking and ask them if everything is ok...great advice. Could be that you have seen a "Peeping Tom" in the area....yes?

And you articulate that you are...again...just being a good neighbor.

It is called a nuisance...and it is in the civil code. You can actually sue them.

But, start small...let them know your complaint. Then go from there..

Stay safe....

QUOTE=Hopalong;6755486]I hope you're kidding, because this is reallybad advice.

You must go through the proper channels[/QUOTE]
Hey Jerk, not tripping.

Just heeding advice here by attorneys that TROs are handed out "like candy"

My comment was directed at the advice to show up REPEATEDLY at 4:00am to the residence of someone who has proven to be unrerasonable.

Keep doing that, and telling the judge that you're just being a good neighbor.

Ok, who's tripping?

john.t.singh
07-14-2011, 5:40 AM
Can't you sue them in civil court? I thought I've heard people
Able to do this with proper documentation like video or recording.

jerkyg
07-14-2011, 8:02 AM
Just got finished with responding...and it got deleted...

In a nutshell...

I don't know what "TRO" means...I am old.

One can sue in civil court...look it up...it is called a "Nuisance'...

Doesn't matter the time...just being a good neighbor...I have gone over and confronted people that drive up to my neighbor's home...they are "weekender's"...and are not there all the time. With my assault rifle...and chased them off. Even though we live on ranches...am I confusing something? Am I a nuisance?

Bottom line...if you are knocking on their door at 4am....does it matter? Regarding the law...even civil law...where does it say that you can not "repeatedly" respond to check on your neighbor?

And where does it say that a nuisance is prohibited. by doing just that..unless they can articulate that to the court...but, "they" can do so with a dog barking all the time.

Just as I said...great advice to go there and ask them if they are ok...

If not...tell them that their dog barking is not okay. Start small...tell them and go from there.

And yes...you are "tripping". But, then again...what do I know?

Stay safe...

shootingblanks00
07-14-2011, 8:41 AM
large doses of Ex-Lax daily

Jclay510
07-14-2011, 9:55 AM
I had the same thing happen to me here in Sacramento County. Once she was hit with fines and orders to fix her pitbulls (in Sac County you can't have unfixed pitbulls) she screamed at me and cussed me out in my front yard accused me of hating dogs etc etc.

I calmly told her to get off my property.

2 months later she moved in the middle of the night. Problem solved?

No! This "dog lover" LEFT HER DOGS BEHIND!!!!!

Hopalong
07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Just got finished with responding...and it got deleted...

In a nutshell...

I don't know what "TRO" means...I am old.

One can sue in civil court...look it up...it is called a "Nuisance'...

Doesn't matter the time...just being a good neighbor...I have gone over and confronted people that drive up to my neighbor's home...they are "weekender's"...and are not there all the time. With my assault rifle...and chased them off. Even though we live on ranches...am I confusing something? Am I a nuisance?

Bottom line...if you are knocking on their door at 4am....does it matter? Regarding the law...even civil law...where does it say that you can not "repeatedly" respond to check on your neighbor?

And where does it say that a nuisance is prohibited. by doing just that..unless they can articulate that to the court...but, "they" can do so with a dog barking all the time.

Just as I said...great advice to go there and ask them if they are ok...

If not...tell them that their dog barking is not okay. Start small...tell them and go from there.

And yes...you are "tripping". But, then again...what do I know?

Stay safe...
Not much.

You don't know that a TRO is a temporary restraining order, but you want everyone to believe that you are an expert on restraining orders.

Secondly, and most importantly, you must think judges are idiots

If your neighbor tells him that you have a longstanding beef with their dog

And you keep coming over at 4:00am, repeatedly, and bothering him

Because you're a good neighbor?

That might work once, but not repeatedly.

It makes no sense

ANd neither do you.

ironcross
07-14-2011, 7:37 PM
Okay, while gaining back on the topic here.

OP: You've got 4 things you could do.

A) Talk with the person(s)
B) Research the city/county (That applies to you) Municipal Codes and Ordinances.
C) Call the HOA if applicable.
D) Call LE and report a 415 Dog.

jerkyg
07-14-2011, 7:59 PM
I never said I was an expert on restraining orders...but, I have been in court a hundred times. Mostly criminal court...some civil.

I am a certified expert on controlled substances in CA courts...per the court.

Read my posts again. And if others think I don't make sense...so, be it.

You sir, obviously have a problem with those that don't agree with you. Gets you mad doesn't it...stop being a keyboard warrior. Relax...have a beer. I am...kicking back on my ranch with my 14 yr old daughter watching a movie. No worries mate...

The old saying in law enforcement and even with attorneys I have known over 27 yrs..."judges are attorney's who could not make it as attorney's."

Yes, a lot of them are idiots...I have seen it many times. I actually knew more than them at times...and that is not saying much...because I am just a dumb a.s.s grunt. Thus, what do I know? Just my opinion...that's all.

Enough said?

Stay safe...

Not much.

You don't know that a TRO is a temporary restraining order, but you want everyone to believe that you are an expert on restraining orders.

Secondly, and most importantly, you must think judges are idiots

If your neighbor tells him that you have a longstanding beef with their dog

And you keep coming over at 4:00am, repeatedly, and bothering him

Because you're a good neighbor?

That might work once, but not repeatedly.

It makes no sense

ANd neither do you.

ironcross
07-14-2011, 8:27 PM
I never said I was an expert on restraining orders...but, I have been in court a hundred times. Mostly criminal court...some civil.

You sir, obviously have a problem with those that don't agree with you. Gets you mad doesn't it...stop being a keyboard warrior. Relax...have a beer. I am...kicking back on my ranch with my 14 yr old daughter watching a movie. No worries mate...

The old saying in law enforcement and even with attorneys I have known over 27 yrs..."judges are attorney's who could not make it as attorney's."

Yes, a lot of them are idiots...I have seen it many times. I actually knew more than them at times...and that is not saying much...because I am just a dumb a.s.s grunt. Thus, what do I know? Just my opinion...that's all.

Enough said?

Stay safe...

And how. /Tips beer!

jerkyg
07-14-2011, 8:46 PM
Thanks Iron...

Popping one right now...cheering to you...bottoms up. No worries...every day up ground is a good day.

Stay safe...

And how. /Tips beer!

Uhhlexxxis
07-14-2011, 8:48 PM
I have the same problem with one of my neighbors dogs. He barks at everything.. day and night. Lucky for me I didn't have to confront him about it anymore. The local S.O. paired up with several surrounding neighbors signed some sort of complaint and he's been issued a warning (including from his landlord). Ah well, I sleep well once again.

ironcross
07-14-2011, 9:46 PM
Thanks Iron...

Popping one right now...cheering to you...bottoms up. No worries...every day up ground is a good day.

Stay safe...

What's a early weekend for? I've range time on the 19th so... :D

I have the same problem with one of my neighbors dogs. He barks at everything.. day and night. Lucky for me I didn't have to confront him about it anymore. The local S.O. paired up with several surrounding neighbors signed some sort of complaint and he's been issued a warning (including from his landlord). Ah well, I sleep well once again.

While I have a dog barking near me at night. Yet I'm next to OLFIB and get to hear black hawks practice during the workday. So I rather hear a dog than Black Hawks :D!!!

jerkyg
07-14-2011, 9:53 PM
Howdy Iron...

Do not understand the question...please reply.

Stay safe...

What's a early weekend for? I've range time on the 19th so... :D

While I have a dog barking near me at night. Yet I'm next to OLFIB and get to hear black hawks practice during the workday. So I rather hear a dog than Black Hawks :D!!!

stitchnicklas
07-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Here are two types and the first one is the cheap model but it worked pretty good. The second one works way better. You will pay more but it works VERY well!

https://www.barkoffshop.com/?tid=3878&gclid=CISPte2F_KkCFQUHbAodSX0AMw

http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/?pk_campaign=Adwords-Bark-USA-ENG&pk_kwd=no%20bark&gclid=CI7dgbuG_KkCFQUHbAodSX0AMw

get 30 bark offs and line the fence with them,dogs will never bark again..

Hopalong
07-15-2011, 6:06 AM

Enough said?

Stay safe...
You actually did imply that you were an authority on restraining orders.

And no sir, I do not have an issue with people who do not agree with me.

I am perfectly comfortable with making my point, and letting it stand on it's merits.

Now you, on the other hand, had to make your point, and accuse me of "tripping"

Now, in my view, that is rude, ill mannered, uncalled for, and frankly, I resent it.

And that is what I have a problem with.

I also find it interesting that you find it necessary to call judges idiots.

So, sir, it is you that fling the insults while making your point

A great example, I might add, here on the LEO forum

And if indeed you are a senior deputy, with all the years of service that you claim, you certainly should know better

I'm done.

mark2203
07-15-2011, 6:20 AM
Talk to the other neighbors. If it bothers you it probably bothers other people as well. Make it a tag-team effort to get it to stop.

jerkyg
07-15-2011, 9:10 PM
Just sent you a post..

Yes, if you have ever been in court...judges are idiots...a lot of them....

If you don't acknowledge that...then, you are not an LEO.

Stay safe...

QUOTE=Hopalong;6776380]You actually did imply that you were an authority on restraining orders.

I am perfectly comfortable with making my point, and letting it stand on it's merits.

Now, in my view, that is rude, ill mannered, uncalled for, and frankly, I resent it.

And if indeed you are a senior deputy, with all the years of service that you claim, you certainly should know better

I'm done.[/QUOTE]

johnthomas
07-15-2011, 9:25 PM
Tape the dog barking for an hour. Take it to animal control with you. File a law suite. Or,
spray the dog with a water hose every time it barks. This works.

ironcross
07-16-2011, 3:04 AM
Howdy Iron...

Do not understand the question...please reply.

Stay safe...

I was implying it as a 'Early weekend as it was Thursday.'

ironcross
07-16-2011, 3:39 AM
You actually did imply that you were an authority on restraining orders.

I'm done.

I'm sorry to say, yet I'm not a LEO as of yet. But as your posts have been quite disrespectful.

Yes he may of "fouled" up, but we are all human. We F-up from time to time.

He was "Tipping" to me...

IMO: If you take things off the internet to heart. I'm sorry. You got a real wake-up call ahead of you.

No disrespect.

If you wanna shoot the breeze with me send me an PM.

Yet I think you both have made their points and there is no reason for escalating each other.

Take it as you may.

-Mark

MAC USMC
07-16-2011, 10:25 AM
There is great product called: SILENCE, Marine-Sport HORN/KLAXON which I am currently using to stop my neighbors' dog from barking. It uses air pressure with a horn to BLAST a dog into submission, express your displeasure at the dog noise and get the attention of the dog owner. It costs about $9.00 and is worth every cent.

The first time I used it I had no idea it was so LOUD and hit the button three times in rapid succession. The large dog shut up immediately, I heard my neighbors' wife yell "What the f--k was that? and my wife began to laugh. For legal reasons I do not let anyone see who is using the horn so there can be no identification. I just stick my arm out the back door. With multiple adults living here which one could it possibly be?

tom2
07-16-2011, 8:01 PM
Are these homeowners or renters? talk to the homeowner(s) or their landlord.

are other neighbors being affected (victim or witnesses)?

talk to animal control to start your complaint with witness information.

buy / borrow / rent a noise (decibel) reader, leave it on at night with window(s) down and windows up (over a few nights). record this with a video. the video will have a date and time stamp of the barking, the audio of the barking, the video of the decibel reader and it's noise indicator showing the decibel (noise level).

check to see what the county / city ordinance for noise after hours (usually 10pm but check your local ordinance).

give this ALL to animal control or your local PD for their "case" against the violating neighbor.

BUT do start out with attempting to be a good neighbor and work it out with them first and build your case if all else fails.

good luck.

Taggart
07-17-2011, 12:01 AM
x2 on involving the property owner. A couple of renters moved into the townhouse next door to mine a few years ago. They brought with them two little dogs who barked 24/7 (funny how barking dogs and crying kids can bother everyone except the owners/parents). Talking to them about it didn't produce results, so late one evening when the dogs were barking I called the police, who spent some quality time with them, then called the owner of the property the next morning. The couple suddenly took an interest in keeping the dogs quiet, and within a couple months were moved out.

ironcross
07-18-2011, 3:06 AM
Because being irresponsible, discourteous, self-centered and rude is now considered "normal".

If you take care of your responsibilities and treat others with respect, you are a crackpot.

Isn't that how most of us respectable people of California are treated? :p :TFH:

Ripon83
07-18-2011, 7:26 AM
Its sad they won't listen to you, an being that they won't I can't imagine buying them a bark collar is going to help one bit. You probably just have to pursue the legal channels.

One thing in your original post that came to mind was that you said Animal Control came out and they claimed only 2 dogs? Well what do they have licensed - I'd ask Animal control that because they may not have 3 dogs licensed and if they don't they can get in trouble. The city I live in has a 2 dog limit as well per residence. I don't think many do but there are 2 things to check on - # of dogs licensed and allowed. If you get pictures of 3 dogs it'd be good.

A flood light for "their" side of the house might be helpful. Dog starts barking you turn it on; maybe they can sleep through his barking but the added light might get their attention. If cops come you turned it on because the dog was barking and you were afraid someone was about.

the big ravioli
07-18-2011, 2:14 PM
A flood light for "their" side of the house might be helpful. Dog starts barking you turn it on; maybe they can sleep through his barking but the added light might get their attention. If cops come you turned it on because the dog was barking and you were afraid someone was about.

^^ +1 ^^

the big ravioli
07-18-2011, 2:17 PM
handfulls of macadamia nuts over the fence. Your problem will be solved.

Not good advice if you want to stay on the good side of the fence...

Dogs should not eat macadamia nuts or foods containing macadamia nuts because they can be fatal. As few as 6 raw or roasted macadamia nuts can make a dog ill. Symptoms of poisoning include muscle tremors, weakness or paralysis of the hindquarters, vomiting, elevated body temperature, and rapid heart rate. Eating chocolate with the nuts will make symptoms worse, possibly leading to death.

evil tyler durden
07-18-2011, 10:06 PM

Please anyone correct me if you find this wrong or offensive.
My friend, I have an idea. One which is a great deal of fun and something you might enjoy, as it will keep the dog quiet for every night hence forth.
Your going to be spending ALOT of $$$$ on PEANUT BUTTER. Yes that is correct. Peanut butter. I would suggest Costco or Sams Club this way you can buy in bulk. Each night before bedtime, pull out the 64 ounce container of Jiffy Nut Butter, and spatula after spatula full toss chunks over the fence. As evidenced historically, this type of food does not hurt animals
(ever watch Mr. Ed as a child?). Peanut Butter is how they made it look like the animals were talking on TV shows. They lick the peanut butter off their chops and then there's no noise. Hence FULL NIGHT OF SLEEP!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: Hope this helps. Of course make sure it's peanut butter with no sugar in it, JIC the dog happens to be a "DIABETIC". (Sarcasm)

retired
07-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Calling each other names and suggesting illegal acts; including harming the dog or harassing the neighbor by using lights, phone calls, knocking on the door in the middle of the night etc. have done this thread in.

To those posters who were guilty of this, I would highly recommend you do not do it again or you may lose your privilege to view/post the leo thread.

This thread is done.