PDA

View Full Version : did our first shotgun clays clinic! zombie tactical saiga 12 SHTF

mag360
07-11-2011, 10:05 PM
cliffs notes: Taking my girlfriend shooting $50, gas to get there $15, having her ask me when she can get her own shotgun and pistol...priceless.

Anyways, I wrote some comments in the training forum regarding POWG aka Target Solutions and the shotgun training classes they have been offering. But I wanted to share with everyone how well everything went.

First off, my girlfriend and I had never shot shotguns before.

Bev was a huge asset for Michelle's learning curve. Right off the bat she switched her over to left handed shooting (left eye dominant, who knew?) as she was off target a good amount on her first couple shots from the right shoulder. BAM, hit her first 3 clays left handed. I had not picked this up while we were pistol or rifle shooting as she was always on target doing that.

Michelle and I both were discussing on the way home that we enjoyed shooting clays so much that she will probably start saving for her own shotgun! I think the words out of her mouth were "If we go duck hunting, that means we can get a puppy right?" "I'll have to get my own shotgun too!".

This is important for a couple reasons.

1. she has a lot more female friends than I do, and is likely to bring them out with us for them to learn as well.
2. she doesn't fit the "angry NRA member" profile anti-gunners love to push.
3. I won't get flack for buying guns when she is also looking at them

I brought my Saiga 12 along and was able to shoot some clays with it as well as close-in targets. I liked how Pat had set up multiple targets up close to engage while calling for an overhead target. That gun impressed me a lot for not being very expensive and in bone-stock configuration. It cycled the bulk pack shot just fine on gas setting 2 and the recoil was less than I expected.

Calgunners, if you want to learn a lot from a great coach give Target Solutions a call (and bring your significant other!), was worth the drive from Sacramento down to the delta to shoot with them.

bjl333
07-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Getting good instructions when learning a new sport is so important. I'm happy you guys enjoyed the sport I love!! Now you'll have to fight for the household gun dollars!!:D

hcbr
07-12-2011, 1:58 PM
:thumbsup:! awesome!

Glad you and the GF love the sport!

mag360
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
we both did another one. If you haven't done this, get out there!!