PDA

View Full Version : 62gr 223 Ammo FRom Ammoman.com

NRAhighpowershooter
01-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Just got my e-mailer from Ammoman.com he just got in 3million rnds of 62gr 223 ammo (green tip) packed loose new production dates may vary. all dates in the 2000's $289 per 1K rnds $529 per 2K rnds.

He also got in a 'ton' of 55gr tracer (orange tip) ammo same description as the 62gr new production all dates in the 2000's $199 per 500rnds $369 per 1K rnds

Of course all prices include shipping......

CWM4A1
01-02-2007, 4:46 PM
Don't think the tracer is legal to ship to CA... As for the 62gr stuff, the loose packed ammo are rejected ammo from military. I have seen discussion threads at ARFCOM where issues varies from deform casing, deform bullets to wrong bullets being used (55gr FMJ being used instead of the steel core 62gr FMJ, but bullet tip still painted green). You might want to sort through each round to make sure they at least look okay before using them in your gun.

If you are looking for quality M855 rounds, what sportsmansguide.com had might be something to consider:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=233126

Ammoman used to have the same item but they sold out a while ago.

NRAhighpowershooter
01-02-2007, 7:49 PM
I mass produce my own loads :D and wouldn't buy this stuff.. wayyyy too expensive....

randy
01-03-2007, 4:21 AM
My local ranges won't let you shoot ss109.

Good luck

JPglee1
01-03-2007, 6:31 AM
My local ranges won't let you shoot ss109.

Good luck

I went to an indoor 40-50yd range once where they allowed any kinda lead ammo as long as it they checked ammo with a magnet... Well when I was loading my magazines a couple weeks before I went shooting I forgot that one of the mags I had mix/matched SS109 and M193 to see if the gun would puke on the change of diet (it didn't)

Well the dude at the range only checked the top bullet of each magazine I had, he didn't make me take the ammo out of them...

I got to the mismatch magazine.... first 4 or so rounds are 55gr...welll on the next couple of shots I got into the SS109 stuff.. wow lots of sparks and ricochets... I immediately rememberd what I had done and went and told the range officer.

Luckily it didn't hurt anyone or their machine so it was OK... But I got a clear lesson as to WHY you don't run steel core at an indoor range.

My guess is the SS109 penetrated the first baffle and then ricocheted off the 2nd baffle and thats why I saw sparks as it shot all around, hahaha.

Moral of this long drawn out post:

Range masters should never allow loaded mags, and they should always check the shooters LOT of ammo to make sure its all FMJ... It woulda took me 1 minute to unload my magazine to show the guy had he asked..

Y'all have a good day now ya hear!

J

bwiese
01-03-2007, 9:23 AM
If you folks are shooting for accuracy, quality 55gr FMJ is better than 62gr M855.

BTW The Fed Amer. Eagle 62gr ammo apparently does not have the steel penetrator.

CWM4A1
01-03-2007, 1:14 PM
American Eagle and Wolf 62gr FMJ are both lead core copper FMJ, they don't have the steel core.