PDA

View Full Version : OC Cert

Larker
07-11-2011, 4:44 AM
Army MP's are supposed to be getting the go ahead to carry OC spray in Germany some time in the near future. I just got sprayed last week for my cert. I never want to get hit with that stuff ever again.

Now if we could only get tasers...

1911su16b870
07-11-2011, 9:14 AM
OC sucks. Just thinking about it makes me :mad:! :D

I'ld much rather go for the 5-second taser ride than OC which lasts 12-24 hours.

retired
07-11-2011, 1:24 PM
I really hate that stuff. While a sgt. in the jail I was often exposed to OC due to the many fights that occur there. MCJ is an old jail and the ventilation system cannot be closed off in particular areas like the Twin Towers. The result is it spreads everywhere.

I would start coughing and my eyes would begin to water even tho I was in a large hallway and the OC was used in a housing module a good 40' away. Then I'd have to go to the source to ascertain what had occurred.:(

BigDogatPlay
07-11-2011, 4:56 PM
I hated chem agents training... let alone actually douching someone with it in the field. No matter the agent if I got a good snootful I always would get a cold within a day or two and a sinus infection after exposure.

OC = worst.

Notorious
07-12-2011, 7:21 PM
Shoot... when we had the chemical agents class, we got CS'ed with 40mm grenade launchers because OC was still so new, there was no real protocol for it.

Heck, it was so new that it wasn't even in the regular academy curriculum. OC cert class was offered separated on a voluntary basis and we had to sign up to take it apart from the academy course which only had CS and CN.

They just discussed OC as a new chemical weapon and its effects and signed off an extra card for our OC cert.

ckim34
07-13-2011, 8:02 AM
Was exposed to OC, CN, and CS gas at the academy. Not to metion the countless times I have been an victim of OC while fighting suspect. It sucked. Give me the Taser any day over over chemical agents.

Larker
07-13-2011, 2:01 PM
Was exposed to OC, CN, and CS gas at the academy. Not to metion the countless times I have been an victim of OC while fighting suspect. It sucked. Give me the Taser any day over over chemical agents.

Yeah, I had to go through a CS chamber in basic, mostly for pro mask familiarization, but the drill sgt's had their fun. That was a walk in the park compared to OC. >.<

OCstar
07-13-2011, 3:24 PM
I disagree. I feel i can still fight when exposed to OC. But when I got gassed with CS I was unable to do anything but choke and dry heave!!!!!!