PDA

View Full Version : Giraud Trimmer conversion kit?

currahee
01-02-2007, 8:24 AM
Hi,
Own a Giraud Trimmer in .30-06. Thinking of loading .223 Rem. Have emailed
both Giraud and his major distributor (Creedmore Sports) with no response. Neither organization shows a conversion kit on their websites. Anybody know about this.
Thanks,
-C.

50 Shooter
01-02-2007, 8:41 AM
Not sure if they make one but their conversions run $75, being that it's a major caliber I'm sure they have one. Try looking on ebay, I've seen plenty of their accessories there.

mrkubota
01-02-2007, 8:58 AM
Hi,
Own a Giraud Trimmer in .30-06. Thinking of loading .223 Rem. Have emailed
both Giraud and his major distributor (Creedmore Sports) with no response. Neither organization shows a conversion kit on their websites. Anybody know about this.
Thanks,
-C.

Yes, Doug does make a .223 bushing... I have one myself.
I don't think you'd have to change the cutter head. Just order the case holder for .223 remington... They're listed as:

Additional Case Holder for any of the calibers listed above $30.00

on his website: http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htm

I do recall that he recently changed his email system to some kind of verification protocol, so if you aren't receiving such a verification message, it may be that your 'spam' software is filtering it out too...

//Ben

NRAhighpowershooter
01-02-2007, 9:33 AM
Yes you have to change the cutter head as well as the bushing.. I just called Doug on his cell phone and ordered one a few months ago...

phish
01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
You could theoretically use only one cutter head, but it's a major PITA when you switch calibers. It's much easier to just order both the case holder, and cutter head assembly in one shot.

If you have multiple cutter heads, for the love of all that's holy, keep them labeled! :o

Pthfndr
01-03-2007, 6:12 PM
Just buy the extra cutter head. I have seperate cutter heads for all my different calibers.

The nice thing about the one you're using for 30-06 is you can use it for any .30 caliber without having to readjust it. That includes .303 Brit, 7.62 russian and 7.5 Swiss.