PDA

View Full Version : Night Sights G22

ironcross
07-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey all,

I would like some insight on what are the best night sights for a Glock 22?

I would of posted it in the handgun area but I want insight from you guys.

I'm looking for something that will last, and what color's are the best for night?

Thanks!
-Mark

Falconis
07-09-2011, 11:31 PM
I just put the tru glo on my personal 22. I am thinking I should have stuck with either the trijicons or the factory ones with the only reason being they seem to have withstood all my cleaning abuse in the past. I have been told the tru glos are really sensitive to cleaning solvents.

Either way, on my duty weapon, the trijicons and the glock factory ones never failed, even with my solvent abuse :)

biochembruin
07-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I have both the Glock factory sights and the Trijicons. They are pretty comparable and both are sturdy. The Trijicons have a slightly smaller tritium capsule, which I like because you only see them when it's dark, and they aren't distracting during the day. I think I read that Glock factory sights were either meprolight or Ameriglo.

ironcross
07-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I just put the tru glo on my personal 22. I am thinking I should have stuck with either the trijicons or the factory ones with the only reason being they seem to have withstood all my cleaning abuse in the past. I have been told the tru glos are really sensitive to cleaning solvents.

Either way, on my duty weapon, the trijicons and the glock factory ones never failed, even with my solvent abuse :)

Hehehe, I use bore foam and CLP to get her clean.

I was looking at either the Trijicons or Meprolight.

I was thinking on doing Armed Guard while doing reserves.

I have both the Glock factory sights and the Trijicons. They are pretty comparable and both are sturdy. The Trijicons have a slightly smaller tritium capsule, which I like because you only see them when it's dark, and they aren't distracting during the day. I think I read that Glock factory sights were either meprolight or Ameriglo.

What is good for both day and night? I haven't shot a weapon with night sights. My G22 sights are the steel ones (non-night-sights).

Thanks

Falconis
07-10-2011, 12:59 AM
you really can't go wrong with either the glock or trijicons. it's a toss up.

Roddd
07-10-2011, 2:31 AM
I have trijicons on my G17 that have lasted 10+ years. Also, look into the Heinie sights, I have those on one of my 21s and love them as well.

ironcross
07-10-2011, 8:56 PM
Are Trijicons good for both day and night? Also are they are all metal correct?

Thank's
-Mark

Falconis
07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
yes and correct. during daylight, it's 3 essentially 3 white dots

Tacit Blue
07-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Hehehe, I use bore foam and CLP to get her clean.

I was looking at either the Trijicons or Meprolight.

I was thinking on doing Armed Guard while doing reserves.

What is good for both day and night? I haven't shot a weapon with night sights. My G22 sights are the steel ones (non-night-sights).

Thanks

Don't think about it, just do or don't ;)

1911su16b870
07-11-2011, 8:15 AM
I like the Trijicons in green.

Ukiahgunnut
07-11-2011, 9:14 AM
I have Trijicons on my G24 and I like them.

Dave

retired
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I've had TruGlo TFOs on my XD subcompact that I have used as my ccw almost since I retired 8yrs. ago. The TFOs are fiber optic/tritium, so they are nice and bright during the day and glow during the night.

I have never used a cleaning solvent on them as I see no reason to do so, tho I will use a clean patch to clean it.

I have heard stories on the net that these sights go dim and also become loose. This is my daily carry gun with an IWB holster. They are as bright now as when I bought them (at least they seem that way to me) both during the day and during the night. Also, they are as tight as they were when first installed.

I have never had a problem with them and highly recommend them. I've thought about putting them on my SA Pro, but I just don't know if that would be considered tacky or not.:)

ETA: They are green, but you can get them in yellow or a mix of the colors. Green is easier for me to see.

762.DEFENSE
07-11-2011, 4:47 PM
I have a pair of Trijicons on both my G17 and G22. Love both of them no matter if it's night/day.