PDA

View Full Version : AB 809 can target the black community heavily.

AXI
07-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Specifically in L.A. and Hollywood areas (see The Comission Report).

I sent an email speaking to the Hollywood district representative, who is also on the CA Black Caucus (and is black) explaining how according to my legal training on the operations of law enforcement, and their reputation in the broken-window areas, this will be a device to confiscate and disarm minority communities.

In a rich community, someone who is registered will have little or no vice from the police, that and they may have multiple residences at which the firearm could be stored. However, if the police feel so inclined, in a community known for being dangerous, they may just confiscate first and ask questions later on minorities that can not afford to reclaim their weapon, much like is done with RDU and car impounding.

This will have disastrous effects on minority communities, any sociology or law major can tell you that. My $.02 on a possible sociological problem that could arise from this. (not to mention, the rich can afford to move if one of these stupid laws are ever passed).

GWbiker
07-09-2011, 5:26 PM
Through out American history gun control has targeted black, Hispanic and Asian communities.

Uriah02
07-09-2011, 5:34 PM
http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/Bills/AB_809/20112012/

Looks like it targets anyone who wants to move to CA too... I don't know what I dislike more about this bill the reporting of imported long guns or the police being able to collect unwarranted private information.

762.DEFENSE
07-09-2011, 6:18 PM
http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/Bills/AB_809/20112012/

Looks like it targets anyone who wants to move to CA too... I don't know what I dislike more about this bill the reporting of imported long guns or the police being able to collect unwarranted private information.

I agree. Thin ice in my opinion.

Bhobbs
07-09-2011, 6:38 PM
"The bill would further prohibit a personal firearm importer from importing a firearm that is a .50 BMG rifle or a destructive device."

This is in the bill. Does that mean it will ban all .50 BMG firearms instead of only .50 BMG rifles?