PDA

View Full Version : Guns required in NJ

CCWFacts
07-08-2011, 5:41 PM
You read that right. At least within a certain narrow scope:

Late-night eateries are now required to have armed guards. (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/07/newark_city_council_approves_l.html)

What's sad is that, while late-night restaurants can have guards, late-night pedestrians, bus-riders, and drivers are banned from having that same protection.

If it's too dangerous to have a restaurant without armed defense, how can it possibly be safe for someone to travel to and from that restaurant without armed defense?

(mods: could you change the title to say "Newark, NJ"?)

psango
07-08-2011, 7:14 PM
Have you been to the Garden State? It's probably the worst place I've ever been. Trenton now there's a nice spot! That's why everybody form NY and NJ move to Florida.

BannedinBritain
07-08-2011, 7:20 PM
Have you been to the Garden State? It's probably the worst place I've ever been. Trenton now there's a nice spot! That's why everybody form NY and NJ move to Florida.

Jersey gets a bad rap...it's actually mostly rural...and very nice...but expensive, and yes...it has it's bad spots, just like every other State. I wasn't part of the "everybody" that moves to florida...San Diego was a much nicer option. :D

warbird
07-08-2011, 7:21 PM
Unfortunately until the people of that state have had enough and refuse to put up with it no more the average citizen is going to be at the mercy of the criminals and the government that can't or WON'T protect them. I thought we had it tough in california but I am finding places that are worse in this country and I never thought that was possible. My costs for my CCW was about double what I thought they should be but once it was in my wallet whether I ever carry or not it was worth the piece of mind it gives me. Hopefully someday the people of New Jersey can have the same piece of mind as freely obtainable as mine was. Sheriff Scott lived up to his word in Sacramento County.

Southwest Chuck
07-08-2011, 7:33 PM
(mods: could you change the title to say "Newark, NJ"?)

Hit "Edit" on your OP, then hit "Advanced". Change the title in the box and hit "Save"