PDA

View Full Version : Strange LUCC Question

GettoPhilosopher
07-08-2011, 3:44 PM
So....I had a rather strange question come up in a discussion with a buddy of mine.

LUCC requires the handgun to be unloaded and locked in a container. IIRC, gun rugs, cases, fanny packs, even locked purse compartments can count as a container.

What about your pants? 0_o Specifically, if one were to sew a zipper into a pants pocket or cargo pocket, and snap a little lock on...would that still be considered a case?

aklover_91
07-08-2011, 4:10 PM
Is the pocket material enough of an obstacle to keep you from manipulating anything on the gun?

If you can pull the trigger or even flip the safety it doesn't pass the sniff test.

taperxz
07-08-2011, 4:14 PM
Good question!

Answer, probably not. It could be considered concealing on ones person. Pants are not a container. They would be pants with a locking pocket. BUT! who knows.

Glock22Fan
07-08-2011, 4:14 PM
With all marginal requests like this, I have to say:

Are you willing to be the test case?

If not, we'll probably never know for sure.

GettoPhilosopher
07-08-2011, 4:42 PM
With all marginal requests like this, I have to say:

Are you willing to be the test case?

If not, we'll probably never know for sure.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: This was entirely a theoretical question. I don't have the money or lawyers to be a test case, and I'm not sure I'd carry like this even if I had a DOJ letter. Just an interesting theory question.

PsychGuy274
07-08-2011, 4:43 PM
Good question!

Answer, probably not. It could be considered concealing on ones person. Pants are not a container. They would be pants with a locking pocket. BUT! who knows.

Well pants are something you wear on your person just as a fanny pack is and you can LUCC in a fanny pack if it's locked.

I agree though, I wouldn't volunteer to be the test case.

taperxz
07-08-2011, 4:53 PM
Well pants are something you wear on your person just as a fanny pack is and you can LUCC in a fanny pack if it's locked.

I agree though, I wouldn't volunteer to be the test case.

Yes i know what you mean but then they might say because of indecent exposure laws..... LOL

No question a container can be worn. OK i will be the test case and try this in San Francisco. I'll keep ya posted. NOT! :D

stix213
07-08-2011, 5:17 PM
Someone asked about using a pocket on a sweatshirt with a lock on it a few months ago. I can't find the thread, but there was no determination on whether it would pass muster.

hoffmang
07-08-2011, 9:34 PM
I really see no way to call "pants" a "locked container."

The rest of your list is much easier to convince a judge or jury that the item described is a "locked container."

-Gene

corrupt
07-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Hey guys can I conceal a handgun in my fat rolls if I pierce the rolls together with a padlock?

Just poking fun :)

GettoPhilosopher
07-09-2011, 1:09 AM
I really see no way to call "pants" a "locked container."

I dunno, my dad always said to keep my zipper locked.... ;)

Thanks for humoring me guys, I was actually vaguely interested in the abstract concept, even if I'd never try to LUCC in my pants.