PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Brothers Pizza Supporting Brady Campaign

ADH
07-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Saw a flyer for this posted on the Brady FB page. I've never been to Fresh Brothers, but it looks like they are hosting a fundraiser for the Brady Campaign. Just FYI.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254174614597378

Please take the flyer to Fresh Brothers Calabasas Monday and 20% of your purchase will go to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.

wash
07-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Time to order pizza?

berto
07-08-2011, 1:04 PM
Time to order pizza?

XL with everything.

Shiboleth
07-08-2011, 1:05 PM
Time to order pizza?

From one of their competitors, absolutely. And maybe an email telling them my business went elsewhere because of their Brady support.

Pandanin
07-08-2011, 1:07 PM
For those not on facebook, here's the link on craiglist.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/eve/2482741025.html

Time to vote with my money and not give them business.

stitchnicklas
07-08-2011, 1:16 PM
For those not on facebook, here's the link on craiglist.

Time to vote with my money and not give them business.

thanks,i flagged it..:43:

GOEX FFF
07-08-2011, 1:21 PM
Something smells "rotten" and "Fresh" brothers.

I've never eatin there and don't ever plan to.

Bad Kitty
07-08-2011, 1:22 PM
Call them up, place a huge order, and then ask if they support Brady...

If they say "yes", then say "Oh, sorry...cancel my order"...

Flopper
07-08-2011, 1:30 PM
Call them up, place a huge order, and then ask if they support Brady...

If they say "yes", then say "Oh, sorry...cancel my order"...

LOL, this is a great idea! :D

Pandanin
07-08-2011, 1:41 PM
I'm totally doing that one

wash
07-08-2011, 1:43 PM
From one of their competitors, absolutely. And maybe an email telling them my business went elsewhere because of their Brady support.
Think Mr. Pizzacoli.

Bigtime1
07-08-2011, 1:45 PM
Lets see, 20% of nothing is .....

Pandanin
07-08-2011, 1:53 PM
FRESH FAIL

Tried to send a comment to them via their website, it failed.

boxbro
07-08-2011, 2:00 PM
If you click "no" to attending, you can then leave a comment on their wall. ;)

jdberger
07-08-2011, 2:00 PM
Another option is to go and order a pizza from somewhere else. Bring the receipt into Fresh Brothers, ask for a manager and give it to him. Then gently explain that you would have gladly spent the money at Fresh Brothers had they not decided to support an organization like the Brady Campaign that thinks Civil Rights are optional.

me109g4
07-08-2011, 2:05 PM
Go to the craigslist page, there is a link to the facebook page, and you can then post comments there,, i just did! come on folks, have some fun, dont let them think they can do this and get a free pass on it.

Stonewalker
07-08-2011, 2:07 PM
Another option is to go and order a pizza from somewhere else. Bring the receipt into Fresh Brothers, ask for a manager and give it to him. Then gently explain that you would have gladly spent the money at Fresh Brothers had they not decided to support an organization like the Brady Campaign that thinks Civil Rights are optional.

This is probably the most effective way of affecting a business' choice of orgs to support.

jdberger
07-08-2011, 2:09 PM
Posted:

The way to memorialize the tragedy of the taking of a life is not the taking of another's Civil Rights. The Jewish Community has been at the forefront of so many Civil Rights issues - the rights of workers, the underprivileged, minorities ... how can it join with an organization like the Brady Campaign that would restrict the most vital of Civil Rights - the right to defend self and family?
Please, don't let the vultures at the Brady Campaign exploit the tragedy at the North Valley Jewish Community Center for political gain.

jdberger
07-08-2011, 2:14 PM
Go to the craigslist page, there is a link to the facebook page, and you can then post comments there,, i just did! come on folks, have some fun, dont let them think they can do this and get a free pass on it.

Be polite and be sensitive. Some of these folks were shot or had loved ones shot in Buford Furrow's senseless attack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Jewish_Community_Center_shooting).

Ben Kadish and Mindy Finklestein (on the Facebook page) were two of the children wounded in the attack.

bacon_lover
07-08-2011, 2:38 PM
I guess they couldn't handle it. Clicking the link returns a 'Page Not Found' error.

gratefuldog
07-08-2011, 2:41 PM
sent the following:

I am disappointed to learn of your upcoming fundraising event for the Brady Campaign. While Brady's goal of "ending gun violence" is admirable, their attempts to disarm responsible gun owners are beyond contempt.
I will not support any business that supports those who would trample my rights.

boxbro
07-08-2011, 2:45 PM
Page gone.

Joe
07-08-2011, 2:48 PM
All links to craigslist and facebook have 404'd. Too bad, I wanted to comment.

CitaDeL
07-08-2011, 2:49 PM
Well, that lasted all of about 2 hours.

LBC
07-08-2011, 2:50 PM
Email sent via their website.

"You lost a customer. I will no longer be patronizing your restaurants due to your fundraiser for the Brady Campaign in Calabasas. This organization uses scare tactics and exploits tragedy to strip Americans of their civil rights. We all want "less violence" but the Brady Campaign tactics have proven to do the exact opposite. This group is Anti-American. Does Fresh Brothers’ not support the right to self defense? Personally, I think Fresh Brothers should stick to pizza and stay out of politics. What next? Donations to Anti-Freedom of Speech groups? Donations to Abortion Groups? This is a bad business move that should be re-evaluated. In the meantime I will be telling my friends and neighbors about your companies stance against the right to self defense."

As always when sending these types of emails, I leave my real name, email and phone number and try and remain as polite as I can stomach. It tends to have more impact when they see a name and number.

LBC
07-08-2011, 2:52 PM
Glad to see to went down. Sometimes even a small wave can rock a boat. Plus - Money talks.

boxbro
07-08-2011, 2:54 PM
All links to craigslist and facebook have 404'd. Too bad, I wanted to comment.

I'll be going by there Monday to let the manager know why I will no longer be coming there before I go to the Edwards theater.

GOEX FFF
07-08-2011, 3:01 PM
lol wow. Even their whole FB page is gone. Maybe cause they know they're going to get overwhelmingly ripped on.
One things for sure, Pro-gunnies stick together and rival comments via Internet. :D :thumbsup:

Joe
07-08-2011, 3:04 PM

I'll be going by there Monday to let the manager know why I will no longer be coming there before I go to the Edwards theater.

Already taken down lol

PsychGuy274
07-08-2011, 3:05 PM
They deleted the FB page. What did you guys do?! :43: :D

boxbro
07-08-2011, 3:08 PM
Already taken down lol

It still shows for me, but maybe it's just in my cache.

I sent Fresh Brothers a message through their website and gave them all my real info except my street address.
Here's what I told them:

I come to your Calabasas location all the time.
Sadly I wont be coming back ever again.
After learning that you guys are supporting anti-civil rights groups like the Brady campaign, you don't deserve my business.
Next time I go to the Edwards theater at the commons, I wont be patronizing your place.
My suggestion to you is stay out of politics, especially sensitive civil rights politics and just stick to Pizza.

mjukis
07-08-2011, 3:15 PM
The facebook page is down now. I wrote a kind comment that while the event they are commemorating was a tragic criminal act, nothing the Brady Campaign is trying to do would have prevented it. They spread misinformation and lies, and no company that supports their underhanded ways will get my business.

boxbro
07-08-2011, 3:19 PM
For those interested in showing up, it's Monday the 11th from 11am to 9pm at the Commons at Calabasas.

http://www.shopcommons.com

Glock22Fan
07-08-2011, 3:24 PM
Some time ago in England, when the gay lifestyle was mostly considered unacceptable, I had a friend who would go into various retail outlets and order a bunch of stuff, often obscure, until he had a large pile on the counter.

Then he would get his wallet out and say, with a sneer on the emboldened word: "I say, you don't serve queers here, do you?" More often than not they'd reply "Of course not, Sir!"

So he'd then he'd ostentatiously put his wallet away and say "That's a pity" and walk out, leaving everything on the counter.

Of course, sometimes he'd end up buying it all, but he could afford it and mostly asked for things he could use anyway.

BlindRacer
07-08-2011, 3:28 PM
Sent them an email...

I just wanted to bring to your attention, that you have lost a customer. Your support of the anti-civil rights group, The Brady Campaign, is contemptible. The Brady Campaign is responsible for making those vulnerable to violent crime, rape, and murder, completely defenseless. They perpetuate the racially rooted disarmament of law abiding citizens. By supporting them, I can no longer support your company. I will also make sure that everyone I know does not support you, as well. Thank you, and have a good day.

mofugly13
07-08-2011, 3:52 PM
For those interested in showing up, it's Monday the 11th from 11am to 9pm at the Commons at Calabasas.

http://www.shopcommons.com

Show up with a pizza in a box from a competitor and eat it in front of their store.

bwiese
07-08-2011, 4:21 PM
{snip}
What next? Donations to Anti-Freedom of Speech groups?
Donations to Abortion Groups?

Poor intermixing of subjects re: abortion.

Abortion is politically popular in CA and is a large part why Republicans can't win an election here. A restaurant that proclaims prochoice stance will likely do better than one promoting pro-life.

bwiese
07-08-2011, 4:21 PM
Some time ago in England, when the gay lifestyle was mostly considered unacceptable, I had a friend who would go into various retail outlets and order a bunch of stuff, often obscure, until he had a large pile on the counter.

Then he would get his wallet out and say, with a sneer on the emboldened word: "I say, you don't serve queers here, do you?" More often than not they'd reply "Of course not, Sir!"

So he'd then he'd ostentatiously put his wallet away and say "That's a pity" and walk out, leaving everything on the counter.

Of course, sometimes he'd end up buying it all, but he could afford it and mostly asked for things he could use anyway.

That's funny as hell, and I'd've liked to have seen that.

stitchnicklas
07-08-2011, 6:16 PM
seems most of their brady stuff is dead...

stitchnicklas
07-08-2011, 6:20 PM
guess we flagged enough huh??

oni.dori
07-08-2011, 6:32 PM
As always when sending these types of emails, I leave my real name, email and phone number and try and remain as polite as I can stomach. It tends to have more impact when they see a name and number.

As they say, "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Also, leaving real names/contact info portrays you as a real, accountable, responsible, concerned person; instead of a faceless "thug" trying to "intimidate" (which seems to be their new pity-soliciting word) them.

1BigPea
07-08-2011, 7:21 PM
Show up with a pizza in a box from a competitor and eat it in front of their store.

Great idea! I used to live in Calabasas, just sent a good friend this thread who still lives there. Told him to take some pictures if he goes, the looks on their faces will be priceless.

77bawls
07-08-2011, 7:25 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fresh-Brothers-Pizza/152032104828757
https://www.facebook.com/FreshBrothers

:confused:

77bawls
07-08-2011, 7:27 PM
This is the guy to call. :D
You can leave comments there too.

http://networkedblogs.com/jCgSx

Joe
07-08-2011, 7:41 PM
Wow, looks like they removed the event.

Kala
07-08-2011, 7:57 PM
Wow, I can't believe it worked! :eek:
Looks like we can now eat at Fresh Brother's Pizza barring their further involvement with the anti's that is...

Rossi357
07-08-2011, 8:11 PM
They must really be short on money. Holding a fundraiser at a pizza joint.? Really?
Next they will be holding car wash's and bake sales at WalMart.

Edit for more ways to raise money. Feel free to add yours.
Mowing lawns.
Paper route.
Flea market booth.

G60
07-08-2011, 8:26 PM
Flagging the event on CL is kinda unfair, but if they did indeed remove the event in response to everyone's emails, it might make them think twice in the future if many people patronized their establishment the next day and thanked them for not supporting an org contrary to your rights.

Anyone get a response to their emails yet? If they issued an apology and I didn't live 300 miles away I'd order a pizza.

Kala
07-08-2011, 8:28 PM
They must really be short on money. Holding a fundraiser at a pizza joint.? Really?

Mowing lawns.
Paper route.
Flea market booth.

We can give them these molds for their bake sale! :D

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/01/14/gun-eggs.jpg

Replace the eggs with cake mix and you're good to go!

sreiter
07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm 5 mins away. Just called them. The fund raiser is still on. Any action plan to hold a anti-fund raising protest demonstration?

Vipersx911
07-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Both the facebook page as well as the craigslist ad have been removed. However just sent them comments through the contact us option on their webpage letting them know they will never have another penny from me for their support in "that" organization. Thank you for the heads up on this one guys.

cmichini
07-09-2011, 1:08 PM
How about you give them a call, tell them you're ordering for your working crew and list a big order of pizza, drinks, etc.

Then ask 'Hey wait, are you the guys that are on the Brady Campaign FB page?'
Hopefully they'll know and proudly say 'yes'. Then cancel the order telling them you'd rather buy from a company that believes in a American values then hang up.

stitchnicklas
07-09-2011, 1:23 PM
just called and asked for a quote for monday of 10 xl meat lovers style pizzas=$240+
was on hold,they asked when ,i said monday,they said no problem ,then i said wait-you are having a brady center event monday,uh..yes, never mind i will order from pizza hut instead,uh uh uh are you sure,good bye and i hung up..hahahahaha

hornswaggled
07-09-2011, 2:15 PM
Someone order 100 pizzas to a neighbor they hate, stat.

CitaDeL
07-09-2011, 3:10 PM
just called and asked for a quote for monday of 10 xl meat lovers style pizzas=$240+
was on hold,they asked when ,i said monday,they said no problem ,then i said wait-you are having a brady center event monday,uh..yes, never mind i will order from pizza hut instead,uh uh uh are you sure,good bye and i hung up..hahahahaha

Oh, that's just dirty pool, I tell you.

Southwest Chuck
07-09-2011, 3:37 PM

WOW ! At $24.00 ea. I would have canceled it too! :p

surplus-addict
07-09-2011, 3:38 PM
I posted this on their facebook wall: You have just lost a potential customer. I will not waste my time or hard earned money on a company that wants to take our rights away. Good bye." And guess what? It was deleted in less than 10 minutes.

Edited for grammar error.

Wernher von Browning
07-09-2011, 5:38 PM
Several things.

1. Picket signs? "Fresh Brothers is against civil rights" or whatever catchy message you can think of. Yes, I say picket. The antis, the tasty-animals folks, the whale huggers, the Vegans, all the nutjobs on the planet go out and picket to make their point. Why not us? (Don't say "because we're not nutjobs". This stuff gets attention and publicizes the topic). The idea here is to drive home the lesson that supporting Brady costs you friends and profits.

2. Any other pizza outfits in the area, and do they have coupons / flyers for discounts in the local papers? Hand out coupons from the picket line.

3. Stand around in front of the place with boxes from competitors, tell folks how tasty the other guys' products are. Wanna really go out on a limb? Spring for a competitor's product and hand out free samples.

4. Are they really that expensive, $24 for a large? Outrageous. (It had better be a durn large large...) What do the competition offer? Publicize lower-price but still good alternatives on picket signs. (The flyer says 20% of purchase goes to Brady? Well, that right there is $4.80 of the $24 -- leaving them with $19.20. No wonder it's so high priced).

5. Call and ask if you can have a lower price if nothing is skimmed off to go to Brady. :)

Who's a competitor? Easy to find out.
Google pizza calabasas. Map pops up. Closest competitors more or less in order of distance are:

Topanga Pizza
22994 Ventura Boulevard, CA
(818) 222-4944

Domino's Pizza
22643 Ventura Blvd, Woodland Hills, CA
(818) 224-3300

Ameci Pizza & Pasta
4861 Topanga Canyon, CA
(818) 345-1500

Numero Uno Pizza Pasta & More
24335 Victory Blvd # C, West Hills, CA
(818) 999-0880

Pizza Hut
23717 Victory Boulevard, CA
(818) 703-6700

Zanos Pizza
21604 Ventura Boulevard, CA
(818) 719-0003

The Original Pizza Cookery
6209 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, Woodland Hills, CA
(818) 887-4770

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
6424 Canoga Ave., Woodland Hills, CA
(818) 340-1748

Redballs Rock & Roll Pizza
6549 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, CA
(818) 348-1524

Personally I can recommend BJ's, a chain.
I don't think Domino's belongs in this list but it's there.

Tarn_Helm
07-09-2011, 6:02 PM
Saw a flyer for this posted on the Brady FB page. I've never been to Fresh Brothers, but it looks like they are hosting a fundraiser for the Brady Campaign. Just FYI.

Thanks for the alert.

I had never heard of this business, but thanks to its support for the Brady Clown Campaign, it will never hear of me.

:)

762.DEFENSE
07-09-2011, 6:14 PM
Never heard of them, but they'll be added to the list of who I don't support financially.

Wernher von Browning
07-09-2011, 9:25 PM
Another idea.

If by some miracle a bunch of Calgunners really do decide to go picket, why not order in pizza delivery from one of the competitors? :43:

Zimz
07-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Just left a comment on their Meet the Manager section of their web site:

I’m disappointed in Fresh Brothers. I agree the FCC shooting was horrible, and supporting the victims is noble, however doing a fund raiser for an anti-American and anti-rights political group like the Brady Campaign [to disarm victims] is unacceptable. My business will be going elsewhere. It’s a shame, as your food is rather good.

gratefuldog
07-10-2011, 5:55 PM
I received the following response via email today:

Hi Pete All money raised is going directly to the Kadish Family.

Happy Sunday to you.

Debbie Goldberg
(310) 497-6818 cell
www.FreshBrothers.com
www.FreshBrothers.Wordpress.com

Hmmmmm......

lpspinner
07-10-2011, 6:44 PM
Why not have do our own fundraiser for the Kadish family and outdo them or do a pizza fundraiser from a competitor?

Seeker
07-10-2011, 6:51 PM

Oh the humanity! Thanks for the heads up. I wont be going there anytime soon.;)

santacruzstefan
07-10-2011, 9:26 PM
Why not have do our own fundraiser for the Kadish family and outdo them or do a pizza fundraiser from a competitor?

I like this idea, raise more money for the victims than the Brady campaign does.

mag360
07-10-2011, 10:09 PM
someone gave them a bad review on yahoo local... http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=44717100&tab=reviews&rvwconf=1&alertconf=1

mag360
07-10-2011, 10:18 PM
emailed them this: I would love to have Fresh Brothers at my companys annual employee awards picnic (approx 250 people with spouses) but I recently learned of your upcoming fundraising event for the Brady Campaign. While Brady's goal of "ending gun violence" is admirable, their attempts to disarm responsible gun owners are beyond contempt.
I will not support any business that supports those who would trample my rights.

Please let me know if you change your stance on this matter. We need more supporters of our right to keep and bear arms.

mag360
07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
This is the guy to call. :D
You can leave comments there too.

http://networkedblogs.com/jCgSx

left him a nice :) comment.

tonelar
07-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Kinda ironic that Fresh Bros specializes in "Chicago Style" pizzas.

sreiter
07-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I sent the owners wife (co-owner) a email (debbi@freshbrothers.com) with the reproduction of the article found here http://jpfo.org/rabbi/rabbi-silverstein-letter.htm

Where the Rabbi tells Il. senator all about the nazi's disarming the jews before "the night of broken glass".... hopefully it will touch there sense or jewish pride, just as the attacks on the jewish center did

Funtimes
07-11-2011, 3:39 AM
http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=44717100&tab=reviews&rvwconf=1&alertconf=1
http://www.yelp.com/biz/fresh-brothers-manhattan-beach#query:fresh%20brothers%20pizza

I think this is a great idea, just comment and down rank them. We need to let people know the firearm lobby is a much stronger and prominent entity then anti-gun lobby. Screw with us and we will hurt your profits.

tonelar
07-11-2011, 5:08 AM
This is my Yelp review;

Not true Chicago style, but an ok facsimile. If there's an Unos near you; THAT is just like the traditional Chi-town Pizza.
However, FRESH BROS is def Chicago style politically. This establishment holds a fundraiser for the Brady Center (anti-self defence/ anti personal freedom). The Bradys are very "Chicago" in the fact that they are an anti civil rights organization.

boxbro
07-11-2011, 8:42 AM
Got a reply to my email.
It's the same BS cookie cutter response.
"All money raised is going directly to the Kadish Family."

If this were true then why is it being promoted with the proceeds going to the Brady Campaign ?
And seriously, does the Kadish family really need a fundraiser 12 years after the fact ?
Also, even if the Kadish family gets all the proceeds, it seems as though they will be giving it to the Brady campaign.

From jenslist.com:

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence Fundraiser
Fresh Brothers in Calabasas Monday, July 11th from 11am-9pm
Please take the flyer (click here to print: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254174614597378#!/) and 20% of your purchase will go to the campaign (www.bradycampaign.org). This is in memory of the 12th anniversary of the North Valley Jewish Community Center Shooting(http://tinyurl.com/3fugvf3).

boxbro
07-11-2011, 8:58 AM
Here's my reply to their email:

According to all the promotions for this, it is a fundraiser for the Brady campaign.
Even the facebook page that Ben Kadish set up himself listed it as a Brady fundraiser.

From jenslist.com: http://jenslist.com/2011/07/08/friday-july-8-2011/

Please take the flyer (click here to print: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=254174614597378#!/) and 20% of your purchase will go to the campaign (www.bradycampaign.org). This is in memory of the 12th anniversary of the North Valley Jewish Community Center Shooting(http://tinyurl.com/3fugvf3).

How can you give the proceeds to the Kadish family if people think their participation is going to the Brady campaign ?
As much as I dislike the Brady campaign, it seems pretty misleading for their supporters.
If this was for the Kadish family, why is there any mention of the Brady campaign at all ?

Also, are you prepared to do a fundraiser for the Calguns foundation, the CRPA, the SAF, and or the NRA as well ?

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org
http://www.crpa.org
http://www.saf.org
http://home.nra.org

jdberger
07-11-2011, 9:14 AM
http://www.yelp.com/biz/fresh-brothers-manhattan-beach#query:fresh%20brothers%20pizza

I think this is a great idea, just comment and down rank them. We need to let people know the firearm lobby is a much stronger and prominent entity then anti-gun lobby. Screw with us and we will hurt your profits.

We're not the "firearm" lobby. That's NSSF. We're simply a bunch of folks who enjoy guns and treasure our civil rights.

Also - it's great that we educate businesses about civil rights and potential consequences of supporting those who actively seek to abridge them. However - we gain much more ground when we do it politely. No one likes a bully.

Please be kind. Educate - don't intimidate.

Decoligny
07-11-2011, 9:35 AM

The "firearm lobby" consists of "lobbyists". These are the guys who stand outside of the legislative offices in the "lobby" and try to sway the lawmakers to vote a particular way on a particular issue.

We are simply freedom loving Americans, who value our constitutionally guaranteed rights, and want to put a stop to these rights being stripped away by "lobbyists" like the Bradys.

sreiter
07-11-2011, 9:59 AM
I posted several time to the owner "Debbi" under the name Steve. She replies she has nothing to do with the Bradys, and never will. Who knows. There were 2 victims of the shootings who are working with the Bradys. Maybe fresh is their friends, and they're the ones who brought in the Bradys

I also email "jews for the preservation of firearms ownership" and asked if they had folks to send down to give opposing POV's to th Bradys"

Who better to talk to Jews then Jews.

Wherryj
07-11-2011, 9:59 AM

Mowing lawns.
Paper route.
Flea market booth.

I just saw that the Bradys changed venues. There was a hand made sign in my neighborhood, done in green crayon, advertising a fund raising event at a young girl's lemonade stand.

I don't think that she's old enough to have a facebook page, but I'll research things further...At the very least I have to get her in touch with a tutor. She misspelled "scary guns".

Decoligny
07-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Mowing lawns.
Paper route.
Flea market booth.

Flea Market Booth would not work. We all know the Brady bunch has nothing to sell but a bill of goods. :rolleyes:

boxbro
07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Flea Market Booth would not work. We all know the Brady bunch has nothing to sell but a bill of goods. :rolleyes:

I thought they sell the stuff you put into balloons that will make them float but is not helium.

luckystrike
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
this is the response I got.

Hi **** - All money raised is going directly to the Kadish Family.

:shrug: um wut?

1BigPea
07-11-2011, 1:18 PM

Send her back the link to the flyer showing money raised going to the Bradys.

boxbro
07-11-2011, 2:07 PM
Send her back the link to the flyer showing money raised going to the Bradys.

Where's the flier ?

CitaDeL
07-11-2011, 2:58 PM

Okay. If the money isnt going to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and this is a fundraiser for a family trajedy that occured in a mass shooting, oh I dunno, like a dozen years ago- Why do they need donations today?

BlindRacer
07-11-2011, 3:11 PM

I got the same thing. They said they didn't make the page on facebook, or had any flier. They claimed there was no 20% being donated, and that the Brady's were in no way shape or form involved in this fundraiser.

barthel
07-11-2011, 3:35 PM
Left a comment! Hopefully they'll get the point.

luckystrike
07-11-2011, 3:38 PM
I got the same thing. They said they didn't make the page on facebook, or had any flier. They claimed there was no 20% being donated, and that the Brady's were in no way shape or form involved in this fundraiser.
hmm, thats strange. probably more lies from the bradys?

1BigPea
07-11-2011, 3:41 PM
Where's the flier ?

On their FB page it seems. I don't have a FB account so I can't view it.

Originally Posted by jenslist.com
Please take the flyer (click here to print: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?e...74614597378#!/) and 20% of your purchase will go to the campaign (www.bradycampaign.org). This is in memory of the 12th anniversary of the North Valley Jewish Community Center Shooting([url]http://tinyurl.com/3fugvf3).

boxbro
07-11-2011, 3:50 PM
On their FB page it seems. I don't have a FB account so I can't view it.

The facebook page is long gone and none of us thought to DL the flier.
I was hoping someone DL'ed it.

mag360
07-13-2011, 1:33 PM
I got the same email back. going to send them a clarifying message.

microwaveguy
07-13-2011, 5:39 PM

My thoughts are the money is going to the Kadish Family and then directly from them to the Brady's. So the Fresh Brothers could be completely honest when they say "they" are not giving any funds to the Brady's :rolleyes:

tonelar
07-19-2011, 6:21 PM
My Yelp Review got pulled... Wtf?

JUL 19, 2011 *|* 02:25PM PDT
Hi tonelar,

We wanted to let you know that we've removed your review of Fresh Brothers. Your review was flagged by the Yelp community, and our Support team has determined that it falls outside our Content Guidelines (http://www.yelp.com/guidelines) because it is not relevant to a consumer experience.

We hope you will continue to participate on Yelp while keeping our Content Guidelines in mind.

Regards,
Payden
Yelp User Support
San Francisco, California

Yelp Official Blog | http://officialblog.yelp.com
Yelp Frequently Asked Questions | http://www.yelp.com/faq
Yelp for Business Owners | http://www.yelp.com/business
[[309a211bd79050276c0a7654cac1d2a5d451e75b-6349246]]

G60
07-19-2011, 6:51 PM
Did you actually review the restaurant, or just vent about their politics?

AggregatVier
07-19-2011, 8:54 PM
Has anyone thought it's the Kadish family that's trading on their victim status to divert money to their favorite political cause and that Fresh Brothers has been snookered into playing the fool?

Anchors
07-19-2011, 9:02 PM
My Yelp Review got pulled... Wtf?

You seem so shocked. Look again:

JUL 19, 2011 *|* 02:25PM PDT
Hi tonelar,

We wanted to let you know that we've removed your review of Fresh Brothers. Your review was flagged by the Yelp community, and our Support team has determined that it falls outside our Content Guidelines (http://www.yelp.com/guidelines) because it is not relevant to a consumer experience.

We hope you will continue to participate on Yelp while keeping our Content Guidelines in mind.

Regards,
Payden
Yelp User Support
San Francisco, California

Yelp Official Blog | http://officialblog.yelp.com
Yelp Frequently Asked Questions | http://www.yelp.com/faq
Yelp for Business Owners | http://www.yelp.com/business
[[309a211bd79050276c0a7654cac1d2a5d451e75b-6349246]]

1BigPea
07-20-2011, 8:01 AM
You seem so shocked. Look again:

I caught that too...go figure.