PDA

View Full Version : NPR on gun control

ADH
07-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Gun Control Advocates Chide Obama For Inaction
http://www.npr.org/2011/07/08/137687203/gun-control-advocates-chide-obama-for-inaction

Paul Helmke is really showing his true colors these days

"And if someone had been on a desert island they would've thought, 'Gee, did space aliens take the congresswoman away? Was there some weird disease that swept through Arizona?' It was an opportunity that was missed."

So sad, right Paul? I'm sure the Brady Campaign is eagerly awaiting another traged... sorry, I mean opportunity.

Maestro Pistolero
07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I posted a comment. Suggest you do the same. Know your audience.
President Obama taking up the cause of gun control at this time is a Republican's dream come true. With support for lawful gun ownership at an all-time high and two landmark Supreme Court decisions reinvigorating the 2A crowd, gun control is political suicide.

If the president actually does anything on this issue, we might reasonable assume he isn't interested in a second term.

Fortunately, in the process of validating and expanding the rights of law-abiding gun owners to own and carry weapons for lawful self-defense, the Supreme Court reaffirmed the long-standing prohibitions on the possession of guns by felons, mentally ill, and certain other categories of prohibited individuals.

Laws against carrying weapons insensitive places such as courthouses and secure areas of airports also got the nod from the high court.

CalBear
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Post some comments peeps. Keep it civil and focus on civil rights.

Stonewalker
07-08-2011, 11:36 AM
An unfortunate focus on danger and crime. Granted, it's the one that NPR usually takes. I hope they catch up soon and start doing more neutral and positive gun stories.

DarthSean
07-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Does anyone else get the impression from that article that the Obama administration might not have it's act together to implement his planned executive orders (I know, shocking:rolleyes:)?

GWbiker
07-08-2011, 3:17 PM
Nowhere in the NPR report is mentioned that Giffords was offered and had firmly refused armed security (Pima County Deputies) during her open air Saturday meet the public events.

Kid Stanislaus
07-08-2011, 5:11 PM
Does anyone else get the impression from that article that the Obama administration might not have it's act together to implement his planned executive orders (I know, shocking:rolleyes:)?

Oh now c'mon Darth, how COULD you even suggest such a thing?:D

M. D. Van Norman
07-08-2011, 5:45 PM
I made our point and told them how they could keep their man in office. Why am I so nice? :D

Anchors
07-08-2011, 5:54 PM
Nowhere in the NPR report is mentioned that Giffords was offered and had firmly refused armed security (Pima County Deputies) during her open air Saturday meet the public events.

Your sig line is great sig line material haha.

dustoff31
07-08-2011, 5:57 PM

Or perhaps he does have or is getting his act together. Unless he is a total fool, and I don't believe that, those EOs certainly would not be announced or implemented until mid to late January 2013 at the soonest.

boogak
07-08-2011, 5:59 PM
man...politics are nothing but a game and we the people are the prize.

oni.dori
07-08-2011, 6:21 PM
I have heard that NPR tends to be a little bit on the ant-gun side of things, is this true? I really don't listen to them enough, or have enough knowledge of them to know for sure.

mag360
07-08-2011, 7:05 PM
and obama continues to be the gun industry's biggest salesman since Clinton. I like that all the top rated comments sound like cal gunners.

oldrifle
07-08-2011, 7:24 PM
God, antis are so freaking dumb.

Krak
07-08-2011, 7:51 PM
advocates are asking why there has been no change to the policies that let him buy and carry a semi-automatic weapon without a permit.

Because requiring a permit to carry his weapon to commit the crime surely would have stopped him. :rolleyes:

Anchors
07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Because requiring a permit to carry his weapon to commit the crime surely would have stopped him. :rolleyes:

No, it wouldn't have...which is why we need to ban carry of any kind! Because that would have stopped him...double :rolleyes::rolleyes:

rp55
07-09-2011, 7:25 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2007/310/b/f/Sad_Panda_by_ra3ndy.jpg

Maestro Pistolero
07-11-2011, 8:26 AM
Interesting comments section at that link. http://www.npr.org/2011/07/08/137687203/gun-control-advocates-chide-obama-for-inaction?plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:68d9cf81-5489-4288-8460-38b8fb6ec965