PDA

View Full Version : Help a brotha get his Sako TRG 22, and I'll get you Best Buy discounts!!!

anthonyr31
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I went from a Savage 10 FCP-K, to a Remmy 5R, to a Sako TRG 22 for my next project!!! I'm in love, so don't try to talk me out of it. :wub: Money is tight for a lot of us right now, so I had to devise a plan to somehow come up with extra $$$ to pay for this bad boy.

So here is my "Ocean's 11-esque" plan:

I have a Best Buy for Business contact that gives me corporate discounts on anything they sell in the retail stores. I also have a Rewards Zone account with them that gives me back $0.02 for every dollar spent. I do the equipment purchasing for my company, and have been helping out friends and family get whatever discounts I can get for them. Then I started thinking, why not see if any Calgunners are looking into buying anything from Best Buy?

If any of you Calgunners are planning on buying ANYTHING from Best Buy, PM me with the model/SKU number and I will see what discounts my contact can get for that item. I will forward you their quote with the discounted price (if any), and you can call them back directly and reference my name, and set up an in-store pickup to the closest Best Buy store of your liking if you choose to do so. Last month, I was able to knock $400 off of the retail price of a Samsung LED TV for my friend.

I know it will take a LONG time to get to where I need to be, but I figure it's a win-win-win situation for everyone. You get the same item you were planning on buying anyways at a discounted price, I get $0.02 for every dollar spent back from Best Buy, and my contact reaches her monthly quota quicker.

The only thing I have to say is that the corporate discount is applied to the retail price of the item, meaning that if it is already on sale at the store, the discount might not be lower in some instances. Items with the highest markups like TV's and other electronics, toners, and some appliances will get the best discounts. Also, I don't think any of the Apple products can be discounted, but I can double check for you. Either way, it's worth a shot to see how much they can take off.

I promise you this is not a scam and in no way will I ever ask for any of your personal information. I'm just trying to accumulate enough points from them to cash out and buy my TRG, while getting you guys a discount. :)

****UPDATE 7/10****
I have been getting a lot of questions regarding this post. Here are some clarification:
1. The discount can be applied to ALL items in Best Buy, big or small. Some items may have a greater discount than others.
2. If the item is already discounted at the store level, the corporate discount that I get might end up higher sometimes because the discount is applied to the retail price, not the discounted price.
3. If you are interested, you need to PM me all the item/SKU numbers from Best Buy so that I can forward them to my contact and get a quote generated for you. Include your email on the PM so I can just forward the quote to you.
4. Make sure that the item you are interested in is in stock at the store you plan to pick it up from. It would also help if you knew the store number to speed up the process.
5. My only involvement it getting you the quote. After that, it's up to you if you want to proceed on with the purchase or not.

Maltese Falcon
07-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Good luck. My boss has a TRG and everything is expensive, but the rifle is super light.

zfields
07-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Im pretty sure this violates your TOS on a corporate card. Just a warning. Also your contact is probably risking her job.

anthonyr31
07-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Im pretty sure this violates your TOS on a corporate card. Just a warning. Also your contact is probably risking her job.

That's what I thought initially, but I haven't had any issues in personal purchases in the last 8 years that I have been a business customer of thiers. As far as the TOS, they have a friends and family exclusion. Being that all of us Calgunners are "friends", I think we fit the bill. :grouphug:

zfields
07-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok, just wanted to be sure. We had a similar program when I used to do home theater installs, but it was spelled out very clearly that it was for business use only.

21SF
07-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Good luck. My boss has a TRG and everything is expensive, but the rifle is super light..

What? sako? light? I held one at city arms and it was like 15 pounds with a 20" bbl.

evidens83
07-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I heard Best Buy employee discounts suck..

Rekrab
07-08-2011, 10:47 AM

Depends on what you're buying. Some items have higer marks ups. When my old roommate worked for BB his cost was (Actual Cost+20%).The biggest discounts were usually on cables and anything branded with the BB brand.

anthonyr31
07-08-2011, 10:49 AM

I don't know about the employee discount, but the corporate one I get is usually 5-7 points above their cost, depending on the item.

jonzer77
07-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I would be interested to know if the discount applies to Apple products, my macbook dies a little while ago and I haven't replaced it yet.

zfields
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I would be interested to know if the discount applies to Apple products, my macbook dies a little while ago and I haven't replaced it yet.

The only apple discount you can get is teacher discount, which doesnt usually give you much on computers. Monitors around 12-15%.

Ex was a manager with apple, I couldnt get squat on a new ipod, and her laptop was close to full price.

supersonic
07-11-2011, 6:04 AM
That's what I thought initially, but I haven't had any issues in personal purchases in the last 8 years that I have been a business customer of thiers. As far as the TOS, they have a friends and family exclusion. Being that all of us Calgunners are "friends", I think we fit the bill. :grouphug:

I don't know, man. I still can't help but feel that this is still somewhat abusive of your privileges with them. If getting deep discounts at Best Buy was as easy as "knowing someone" it would seem logical that either A) everyone & their mother would be doing this, OR B) TOS would have been changed by now. Corporate entities like BB are all about the bottom line/profit margin. And I just can't see a scenario like this being "O.K." in their eyes. Just my .02 :confused:

anthonyr31
07-11-2011, 9:27 AM
I don't know, man. I still can't help but feel that this is still somewhat abusive of your privileges with them. If getting deep discounts at Best Buy was as easy as "knowing someone" it would seem logical that either A) everyone & their mother would be doing this, OR B) TOS would have been changed by now. Corporate entities like BB are all about the bottom line/profit margin. And I just can't see a scenario like this being "O.K." in their eyes. Just my .02 :confused:

I feel ya. Before I posted here on CG, I double checked with my contact if she was cool with it. She told me she was cool about it. Again, I've helped out friends, family members, co-workers, and friends of co-workers for almost 9 years now all across the nation as we have distribution centers nation wide for my company. If my contact says it's getting out of hand, then I will pull this thread.