PDA

View Full Version : ATI talon

gil671
07-08-2011, 8:49 AM
Searched around the web but couldnt find any reviews. Anyone have this and if its any good?
http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/118-ATI-A1101141.html

Shrubmaster
07-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Its a nice piece, but I found the screws for the cheek riser to be crap. If you do get this kit, just remove the screws and head to the hardware store to replace them. Mine stripped with only mild pressure and I use gun tools at that. Feels nice though. When I had mine, I think I removed the riser all together.

gil671
07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Its a nice piece, but I found the screws for the cheek riser to be crap. If you do get this kit, just remove the screws and head to the hardware store to replace them. Mine stripped with only mild pressure and I use gun tools at that. Feels nice though. When I had mine, I think I removed the riser all together.

Thanks for the info Shrubmaster. I'm trading a fellow Calgunner an 870 and i'm thinkin of purchasing this stock. Pistol grips looks comfy.

BigDogatPlay
07-08-2011, 3:11 PM
Looks like ATI's take on a Knoxx / Blackhawk system. Haven't seen or handled one yet. I have a good amount of experience with other ATI gear. Most of their stocks are, IMO, not even worth what you pay for them. A number of their other accessories are serviceable and priced attractively.

I'd never want to fight a gun with an ATI stock on it though.

Just my opinion. YMMV.

Webologist
07-08-2011, 4:11 PM
I just put one on my 870. The quality seems very high, especially for the price. The only thing that seems a little cheesy is the gap you need to keep when fastening the buttstock to the dovetail.

I haven't shot it yet so I don't know how the recoil reduction works. I'll be testing it in about a week and a half. I get a lot of complaints on my 870 about painful recoil. I don't mind it, but others do. I'll let you know how it works.

gil671
07-08-2011, 7:13 PM
Just placed an order for it about 5 minutes ago. Hopefully ATI quality got better with this stock.