View Full Version : Just rcvd this email alert..not good-SB798, SB 124,SJR7 passed committee

07-07-2011, 7:04 PM
Just received this from Assembly man Curt Hagman re SB 124, 798. SJR7..

Legislative Alert!

Recently on July 5th, the Assembly Public Safety Committee, of which I am a member, heard two important bills that concern our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

The first, SB 124 (De León), expands the definition of crimes relating to armor piercing ammunition and expands the ammunition provisions of AB 962. Though AB 962 was recently ruled unconstitutional, this bill attempts to remedy the issues that concerned the court.

The second is SB 798 (De León), which initially sought to classify all BB gun and airsoft devices as imitation firearms, thereby subjecting them to new rules and specifications (i.e. color, packaging, etc). This bill was originally heard on June 21st by this same committee and defeated. However the author recently amended SB 798 which now would permit local governments to pass ordinances to require BB guns, paintball guns, and airsoft rifles be subject to coloration requirements.

Then on July 7th, the Public Safety Committee discussed SJR 7, which would memorialize the Legislature's support of the proposed Federal Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act.

Unfortunately, all of these harmful and unnecessary bills passed out of the public safety committee. Please be assured that I spoke out against and voted against every one of them.

We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not creating new hardships and restrictions for retailers, business owners, and responsible gun owners.

I urge you to contact your State Assemblymember and tell them to oppose these bills when they reach the floor for a vote.

It is citizens like you that will help lead the way to a better California. I will not give up the fight to protect our basic rights and I hope you will also continue this cause. Thank you for your support.

It is an honor to serve you and the State of California.

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
District 60

For Fuks saki !!!!!!!!!! of course when the Committee is major libtard controlled majority...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

07-07-2011, 7:06 PM
You know what I love about curt batman. He's not even my rep and I get these emails. My rep doesn't do crap and only caters to the wealthier cities in our region.

07-07-2011, 7:14 PM
De Leon needs to GTFO.

07-07-2011, 7:23 PM

dupe thread