PDA

View Full Version : Active shooter bags

hitman13
07-07-2011, 6:37 PM
What do you have in yours?

Roddd
07-07-2011, 7:28 PM
I think there was already a thread on this so prepare to be bashed by some people...I have more ammo than I need (hopefully) and quickclot bandages.

biochembruin
07-07-2011, 8:48 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=420730&highlight=active+shooter

Here's the thread Rodd was talking about. When deciding what to put in your bag/vest, think about if it's for a true active shooter, or more perimeter-type work.

415dog!
07-08-2011, 1:04 PM
I had started one but it was for active shooter vests. I think if your dept allows for them you should go that route so you're hands are free and you're not stuffing you're pockets works mags and other items

Roddd
07-08-2011, 4:41 PM
I personally carry only ammo and triage items. I know there are others who carry perimeter items (flex cuffs, water, candy bars, etc). All I ask is you guys hook a fellow officer up with a snickers when I'm hungry.

oddjob
07-08-2011, 5:06 PM
Besides the ammo, first aid kit, water and etc we carried parachute cord and door stops for securing doors. Not that it would stop a determined suspect, but it would certainly delay the suspect long enough to cause him/her some problems or distractions. It could also cause the suspect to make enough noise to alert officers. It could assist the citizens to lock them themselves in a secure area too. A good knife is helpful as well (fixed or folding).

Everything we used was carried on our load bearing vest (except for the big medic bag). This way your hands were free. I would recommend a load bearing vest rather than a "bag" to keep your hands free. The medic bag was always dropped at the doorway.....always. This way we all knew where it was in the event of its need. It was too big to bring in with us.

LG FIREARMS
07-14-2011, 8:02 PM
Stag M4 2HT W/ aimpoint comp4
Blackhawk Omega vest
6 - 30 round lancer l5 mags
1 - 100 round beta mag
3 liters of water
Ammo, Ammo, Ammo!!!!!

Uhhlexxxis
07-14-2011, 8:42 PM
I use a small glock firearm carry case. It fits 6 extra mags of pistol and 4-30 round mags of AR ammo. that's all I need.

You'll get mixed answers depending on where you are located in the state. Rural areas you may want to carry food, medical aid supplies, water, ammo... Urban, AMMO.

till44
07-25-2011, 6:38 AM
I'm surprised no has yet mentioned a PC. Get a decent PC with plates and stow things for making holes and patching holes, everything else is just extra weight.

nobody33
07-25-2011, 9:34 AM
Get a leg drop ammo pouch, keep the clip on your belt and leave the pouch in the trunk with the rifle. The bags are dumb you're not going to want a stupid bag of candy bars hanging over your shoulder when you are hunting down a suspect shooing people. less is more.

chee_seen
07-29-2011, 8:30 PM
Candy bars =)