View Full Version : Remington 1100 TAC 4 For 3 Gun Report

07-06-2011, 7:45 PM
I wanted to buy a Semi Auto 12 GA. for 3 gun and did not want to spend over $1,000. I know the guys I shoot with use the Benelli's all tricked out and have spent thousands. I shot and read a lot about the TAC 4 and bought the 22 inch 8 + 1 round version. It is only chambered for 2 3/4 inch shells.

I put a rail on the top and an old EoTech 512 on it and took it to the range. I wanted to see what it would cycle so I took Federal #8 shot in 2 3/4 dram, 3 dram and 3 1/4 dram shells all low base. I also took 00 buck and low recoil slugs and full mag slugs. The only thing the gun choked on was the 2 3/4 dram and it only FTE'd about six of the first 80 rounds.

I noticed if I didn't have the gun tight in my shoulder it would hang the ejected shell just out of the breech. The 3 dram and 3 1/4 dram equiv loads fed all day. I zeroed the TAC 4 with the slugs in 4 rounds and just started putting the 8 shot through it. I would alternate 00 buck with 8 shot and slugs. Everything fed well as long as it was above 3 dram or 1200 fps.

I could not be happier with the cycle rate and performance. The pattern is perfect with the modified choke. It comes with improved cyl, Modified and full chokes. Sunday is the first 3 gun match for the gun and I am looking forward to the fun.

07-06-2011, 8:30 PM
Sounds good. As long as your shotgun performs reliably (you'll find out after a few matches), reloads easily, and shoots slugs accurately, you've got yourself a good 3-gun shotgun. Note that you will be shooting in Open division with that red dot on your shotgun, though. That means the race gun division.