PDA

View Full Version : The Hot Hot Hot 07/06/2011 SKEET Thread!!!

bjl333
07-06-2011, 7:05 PM
Call me a wimp but today was HOTTTTTTTTT !!!!

We had 3 repeat attendees out of 8. I guess they didn't get enough of a beating from Coach Don last time!!:p The repeat students actually helped the clinic move along in a very good pace. As an added bonus we had All American shooter Harold J. helping with the clinic along with clinic regulars Richard & I. We covered lots of info today even though a couple of shooters started on shakey ground!! But once they figured out how the lead and follow through works then the clays started breaking with regularity!! At the end of the day I think everyone was doing excellent but they were pretty well beat by the sun. :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

I want to thank everyone for attending the clinic today and I hope expectations were met! We try hard as a team (whoever we happen to grab to help at the time!! Today was Harold:D) to introduce shooters to this game!

I'll see y'all next time!!

ElvenSoul
07-06-2011, 7:08 PM
Where do you shoot at?

bjl333
07-06-2011, 7:11 PM
Where do you shoot at?

We shoot out of Triple Bs in El Monte. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=329160

ElvenSoul
07-06-2011, 7:16 PM
El Monte...good Lord the Humidty...you and the others have earned your badge.

MVD
07-06-2011, 7:36 PM
THANK YOU!
Thanks to Coach Don, Jordon, Richard and Harold! I had a great time again and could not recommend this clinic more to anyone interested in learning skeet. What a great game that helps you learn the fundamentals of stance, lead, shot placement, etc. The only way for the day to have gone better was for the sun to have given us a break. It was scorching!
Thanks again!
Mark

Kyasharin
07-06-2011, 8:16 PM
I want to thank Jordan for organizing this event as well as Coach Don, Richard, and Harold.
Some coaches will ask beginners to jump right in and start nailing shots right away from station to station.
Coach Don isn't like that. His "Z method" is simple and effective, very easy to pick up.
He breaks down the round into little steps so new shooters gain confidence and the necessary experience to progress.
If anyone interested in skeet shooting is previously scared off due to the perceived difficulty of entry, Coach Don is the man for you.
Don't forget to wear plenty of sunscreen and protective clothing so you don't turn into bacon like me...

chukmo
07-06-2011, 9:51 PM
What a great time today on the skeet field! .... even as hot as it was.
I'd shot a time or two in the past and I broke some birds but after today, I realized that those hits were just dumb luck. For anybody interested in learning how to shoot skeet or how to get better .... this is too good to pass up! To get personal coaching from a Hall of Fame'r, as well as other highly accomplished shooters .... for $20!?! .... C'mon! that's ridiculous!
Thanks to everyone for all the help today and for making this possible.
I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. I'll definitely be back!

osg
07-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Jordan, Coach Don, Richard, and Harold, THANK YOU ! Amazing time today, I figured its been pure luck on hitting the clays before today. Seems like im hitting less clays right now, BUT ......learning the fundamentals to be consistent. Super stoked on Coach Dons style. Its like pop warner footbal and martial arts. Here are you directions now execute. Dont think .....do as told. Coach Don and staff are right on and makes this sport super fun. Now my wife is going to kill me because im looking for a O/U SG that fits !

Ari

Khanan
07-07-2011, 8:54 AM
Now my wife is going to kill me because im looking for a O/U SG that fits !

Ari

Bring her to a clinic and you will be looking for two O/U guns. Good thing I don't have a wife. I will probably get me a nice O/U before my next clinic.

uyoga
07-07-2011, 2:35 PM
Bend that knee - keep the head down - point, don't aim - too much to remember after two sessions.

Kyle and I will be going back -- see if I get it the next time.

Thank you all "ALL" Coach, Jordon, Richard and Harold for your invaluable help.

Pokerking
07-08-2011, 8:30 AM
where'd the pictures go? mongo like pictures :)