PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Supersport issue.....

Artsville
07-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey guys....

I picked up a used Supersport. I shot around 200rounds this past weekend. All was grand till the last 50 rounds or so. The bolt fails to lockback on empty, but also will fail to transfer the next round into the chamber when not empty.

Anyone have trouble with this type of issue? Anyone know some excellent gunsmiths on shotguns?

Anyone have any negative experiences with Benelli service?

art

baby_booce
07-06-2011, 12:12 PM
i dont know either. i have a winchester sx3 2 3/4-3" and when we went out to shoot skeet, it seemed fine until the second or third box. people tell me that im not supoose to use really lite loads. i tell them that clay shots are 1 1/8 oz. and they say that fine too so they dont know whats wrong. i heard from discussions before that sone people have this same problem and some dont have it. the 3" and 3 1/2" work great but not the skeet/clay shots. i think its just too lite for mine. if yours is mot like mine, it might be some mechanical problem. but have u check it now that it is being stored away now? does it still lock?

Artsville
07-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Well...i was shooting WallyWorld Federal 7.5 and 8 with 1oz or 1 1/8oz for 160 rounds with not one failure(all 2 3/4"). It does lock back on it's own many more times than it fails to lock back. It always locks back if i do it manually.

Loads are not too light....

Gonna pull the trigger assembly when i clean it and check for debris and gunk. This was suggested by Benelli.