PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoints on sale at DVOR

bigevil
07-06-2011, 9:17 AM
aimpoints are up again finally! many of you were asking me how I'd gotten mine so cheap on DVOR, I guess they do this every once in a while.

Dvor Aimpoint Sale (http://www.dvor.com/s/6nfda0.html)

mbogo
07-06-2011, 9:50 AM
While DVOR may be legitimate, always be mindful when web sites insist on your full name, address, telephone number and ESPECIALLY date of birth JUST TO REGISTER.

Your data is being mined, and can be used for fraudulent purposes.

mbogo

bigevil
07-06-2011, 9:52 AM
mbogo, while I don't work for/with them in any capacity and certainly can't comment with 100% certainty on their legitimacy I'd think knowing they're owned by OpticsPlanet would ease your concerns. Also I've ordered 3 different things from them and had zero problems whatsoever.

OpticsPlanet
07-07-2011, 7:03 AM
While DVOR may be legitimate, always be mindful when web sites insist on your full name, address, telephone number and ESPECIALLY date of birth JUST TO REGISTER.

Your data is being mined, and can be used for fraudulent purposes.

mbogo

Hey mbogo,

To register, all you need is your name, email, country and date of birth. Date of birth is only there because we have to restrict to 18+, and legally "are you 18 or older?" check-boxes don't hold up like just having someone put in their own birth date.

We ask the country because Dvor is only available for the US ATM.

As far as address/telephone, you only need to put that in when you want to place an order. We also have a privacy policy which spells out everything we do with your information, which is... not much:

http://www.dvor.com/privacypolicy.html

mbogo
07-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Twenty-eight years in the computer industry have made me exceedingly cautious. ;)

mbogo

socal-shooter
07-07-2011, 11:36 AM
instead of makin me register just to take a gander

why dont u tell me the price for a compm4 , t1 and h1 please

if i like the price, then i'll register and buy

bigevil
07-07-2011, 11:38 AM
unfortunately the sale is over but the compm4 was $650, if you had a coupon or credit from dvor you may have been able to hit the sub 600 range which is pretty great for a brand new compm4