PDA

View Full Version : I got a speeding ticket today...

bug_eyedmonster
07-06-2011, 2:47 AM
Hello Officers...

So, here's the story. I was driving to the trap range today... If anyone knows the Livermore Gun Club, they know the uber long stretch of farmland that leads to the range. I was following pace with another vehicle, doing around 60 MPH (I don't really pay attention to speeds when I'm on roads like this). Anyway, I see the officer, he's already turning on his lights and the first car and I pass, so I slow down in case he is responding to a call, but he doesn't budge, so I pass along with the other car. As I pass, he turns on the red and blues, and I pull over.

The officer walks up the car, says hi, I say the same, and he gets right to the point. "I have you on radar going 67 in a 50, I offer to show the radar to polite folks such as yourself." I decline, not wanting to waste time. He writes up my ticket, and does something I've never seen. The officer says he clocked me at 67 MPH, but he wrote 60, according to him, the posted speed limit is 50, and he put "maximum allowed speed 55 mph" on the ticket. This isn't my first speeding ticket, but it is the first since in like 10 years. The CHP officer that pulled me over was VERY nice, he even helped me figure out why I haven't received my new CDL in the mail. Our interaction between the two of us was, in my opinion, no different then when I would be speaking to an officer at work or something.

I guess I have a couple of questions. The first being, am I screwed? :( Being a out of work student, funds aren't exactly there to afford the ticket, so if there's a way I can reduce the fees or get out of this somehow, I'm open to sugestions. Secondly, is it common to change what the ticket says compared to what the radar posted? How accurate are the radars in relation to the two cars (mine and the car in front of me)? As a CHP officer, can he be hanging out on a non-highway area using radar behind a tree? Lastly, when did cops get to be so nice??? ahahhaha

thanks in advance for any help folks can offer...

Jerry

E Pluribus Unum
07-06-2011, 3:05 AM
Hello Officers...

So, here's the story. I was driving to the trap range today... If anyone knows the Livermore Gun Club, they know the uber long stretch of farmland that leads to the range. I was following pace with another vehicle, doing around 60 MPH (I don't really pay attention to speeds when I'm on roads like this). Anyway, I see the officer, he's already turning on his lights and the first car and I pass, so I slow down in case he is responding to a call, but he doesn't budge, so I pass along with the other car. As I pass, he turns on the red and blues, and I pull over.

The officer walks up the car, says hi, I say the same, and he gets right to the point. "I have you on radar going 67 in a 50, I offer to show the radar to polite folks such as yourself." I decline, not wanting to waste time. He writes up my ticket, and does something I've never seen. The officer says he clocked me at 67 MPH, but he wrote 60, according to him, the posted speed limit is 50, and he put "maximum allowed speed 55 mph" on the ticket. This isn't my first speeding ticket, but it is the first since in like 10 years. The CHP officer that pulled me over was VERY nice, he even helped me figure out why I haven't received my new CDL in the mail. Our interaction between the two of us was, in my opinion, no different then when I would be speaking to an officer at work or something.

I guess I have a couple of questions. The first being, am I screwed? :( Being a out of work student, funds aren't exactly there to afford the ticket, so if there's a way I can reduce the fees or get out of this somehow, I'm open to sugestions. Secondly, is it common to change what the ticket says compared to what the radar posted? How accurate are the radars in relation to the two cars (mine and the car in front of me)? As a CHP officer, can he be hanging out on a non-highway area using radar behind a tree? Lastly, when did cops get to be so nice??? ahahhaha

Jerry

All roads, all codes. Every LEO in California has jurisdiction everywhere.

Given your age and resources.... you should probably go to court, plead guilty, ask for a reduced fine... you can always make payments.

IrishJoe3
07-06-2011, 3:20 AM
In summary....he did you a couple favors.

He got you on radar at 67 in a 50, (or, 17 over). Instead of citing you for a violation of 22350VC (unsafe speed, or for the surveyed speed limit of 50 for that road) he instead cited for your exceeding the maximum speed, (55 mph, or 22349BVC). So now, you're cited for 67 in a 55, or 12 mph over, he in essence took 5 mph off your speed. He also cut you a break on the other end as well, and despite the fact that he locked you in at 67, he only cited you for going 60 mph, (in other words took 7 mph off your top end speed). The long and short of it all is you were cited for doing 60 in a 55, or only 5 mph over. Quite a bit less than the 17 over that you were actually doing. The fine at only 5 mph over will be reduced as well.
Not that uncommon of a tactic, I actually do both all the time because some of these traffic fines are ridiculous. Believe it or not, I try to cut people slack.

And next time you hear someone ranting about getting cited for a few mph over, this is what probably really happened.

I guess I have a couple of questions. The first being, am I screwed? :(
Nope. Big break. See above.

Being a out of work student, funds aren't exactly there to afford the ticket, so if there's a way I can reduce the fees or get out of this somehow, I'm open to sugestions.
Between you and the court, I’ve seen some traffic commissioners allow community service instead of a fine for people in your shoes.

Secondly, is it common to change what the ticket says compared to what the radar posted?
Think of it this way…..you reached a maximum speed of 67 mph. to get to 67 you got up to (and passed) 60 mph. The officer wanted to cut you a break (probably because you rolled the windows down all the way and didn't ask if you were being detained...) and only cited you for the 60 instead of your max.

How accurate are the radars in relation to the two cars (mine and the car in front of me)?
Wasn’t there, can’t answer.

As a CHP officer, can he be hanging out on a non-highway area using radar behind a tree?
Let me clarify… It’s the “Highway” Patrol, not the Freeway Patrol. A “Highway” is any public way, so actually where you were stopped WAS a highway, and yes that’s his beat.

Lastly, when did cops get to be so nice??? Ahahhaha

LOL….welcome to reality, don’t mind the others foaming at the mouth.

Jerry

Anytime!

-IJ

bug_eyedmonster
07-06-2011, 3:27 AM
figures.... I have friends who are officers of the law, and they ARE friends, so I know they can, and most likely are good guys. I just hear horrror stories, like everyone else. I realized he was doing me favors with the speeds on the ticket, I said "thank you" about seven times from what my girlfriend counted. As for my age, I'm a 30 year old grad student... hahahah

Thanks again for the help guys, stay safe out there.

Jerry

AAShooter
07-06-2011, 3:36 AM
North Livermore heading out to the Livermore Gun Club is pretty heavily monitored. Lots of the club's clientele have had the opportunity to meet officers going to the range. I watch my speed on that road pretty carefully.

bug_eyedmonster
07-06-2011, 3:38 AM
North Livermore heading out to the Livermore Gun Club is pretty heavily monitored. Lots of the club's clientele have had the opportunity to meet officers going to the range. I watch my speed on that road pretty carefully.

Today being only my second time to the range, first time driving, now I know. =)

Roddd
07-06-2011, 8:27 AM
Cross that section of road off of your list of places to speed. It sounds like he hooked you up (as far as being cited goes). If you show up on your court date, typically the judge will reduce your fine. Depending on the county, they may let you do community service. Your best bet is to go infront of the judge and plead guilty and explain your financial hardship and let him know you learned from your mistake. Good luck!

r3dn3ck
07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
the whole area is routinely set up with what I can't honestly call speed traps but which I can't think of a better word for now. What I like to do is 55 there.

They're out there normally catching the psycho-commuters, the ones that pass on double yellow and such and zoom around and speeders. What they ought to do is set up at Manning Rd and Highland about 75yrds west of the intersection and just wait. You get people zooming down that hill at 80mph trying to beat the other half of the traffic coming down highland and then you have the arsehats at the intersection exting highland onto manning that run the stop sign because they didn't want to wait 2 seconds.

Tripper
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
politically correct again

I'd probably ask for leniency by the court, to avoid going again

guilty, can i get a reduced fine and payment plans.
most of the time, you might be able to get payment plans by calling the clerk.

slow down next time

edit:i'm always an instigator

Tripper
07-06-2011, 11:44 AM
oh, if i recall correctly, the favor part is that a ticket for more than 15 over, goes more against your insurance or something like that, so, fighting 67 in a 50, and convicted equals higher insurance
convicted 60 in 55, not as bad on insurance, but i'm not sure if it means no ding or not.

Barbarossa
07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Tripper, ever heard the saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" ?

He should be grateful for his good fortune and not look to trash the officers character in court.

TRICKSTER
07-06-2011, 11:58 AM
He cut you a break by writing the lower speed. In most Bay Area courts 15+ over the speed limit means that the court appearance is mandatory. You would not have the option of mailing in the fine. Also many of the courts are adding a drivers license suspension when you are convicted of 15+ over the limit.
If you want to follow the advise of those who say take it to court and point out that the officer lied about the speed, good luck, but you will only be screwing yourself with this defense. You already admitted that you were not paying attention and speeding. If you go into court and state the same you will be found guilty and the judge will hear the testimony as to how fast you were really going. How do you think that will work out for you?

(edit) If you can't afford the fine and traffic school to keep it off your insurance, the next best option is to plea guilty and explain your financial situation. In most cases, the courts will work with you on a payment plan or give you the option of doing community service.

Tripper
07-06-2011, 12:04 PM
i said i was being fecicious (just in not so many words, in case you didnt notice)

Cheese & Bacon
07-06-2011, 12:14 PM
my question would be:
what is the ACTUAL speed for where you was at.

my opinion would be:
if it is indeed 50, and he wrote you for 60 in a 55

plead guilty, go to court, and let him answer the questions
was i going 60
did you tell me you clocked me at 67
your apparently mistaken then, could you have also mistakenly read the speed on the radar, its apparent you are prone to mistakes, as shown here on the ticket where you said 60 in 55, where you verbally told me 67 in 50.

to be not politically correct
he outright lied in writing, if you were doing 67 in a 50 and he wrote 60 in 55
if you had lied to him it would not have been good, call it what you like, i call it lying to my face, he's not doing any favor, he's trying to make it look like he is. kind of like me telling you to go to he!! and having you look forward to the trip.

back to politically correct, didnt you tell me i was dong 67 in 50.but here you wrote 60 in 55, if you made those 2 clear mistakes, I wonder what else could be mistaken, not to mention the lie

^don't do this. The court understands that officers occasionally give a break to speeders. If you argue that you were going faster than he wrote you for, you'll pay more in fines

Tripper
07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
hence, my next post, guilty, request reduced fine and payment plan

Tripper
07-06-2011, 12:21 PM
my apologies, its hard to identify when someone is being facetious. or whas the other word i'm looking for?

IrishJoe3
07-06-2011, 12:32 PM
And you, sir, are exactly why I have heard officers swear up and down never to give anyone any breaks, ever. Because they have cut someone some slack only to be called a liar in court and have their integrity questioned in front of a full court.

Nice, I am sure the next person that gets cited the letter of the law will appreciate you.

And before anyone gets any bright ideas, when I do cut someone a break and they do take it to court, I explain to the judge what I did any why, and explain that I will be testifying to the entire speed, not the reduced speed that I cited the driver. Typically, the defendant is found guilty of the entire speed, (ie more fines, point on the record, no traffic school). Pick your battles.

my question would be:
what is the ACTUAL speed for where you was at.

my opinion would be:
if it is indeed 50, and he wrote you for 60 in a 55

plead guilty, go to court, and let him answer the questions
was i going 60
did you tell me you clocked me at 67
your apparently mistaken then, could you have also mistakenly read the speed on the radar, its apparent you are prone to mistakes, as shown here on the ticket where you said 60 in 55, where you verbally told me 67 in 50.

to be not politically correct
he outright lied in writing, if you were doing 67 in a 50 and he wrote 60 in 55
if you had lied to him it would not have been good, call it what you like, i call it lying to my face, he's not doing any favor, he's trying to make it look like he is. kind of like me telling you to go to he!! and having you look forward to the trip.

back to politically correct, didnt you tell me i was dong 67 in 50.but here you wrote 60 in 55, if you made those 2 clear mistakes, I wonder what else could be mistaken, not to mention the lie

Sheepdog1968
07-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Thanks for this info. I go to this range a fair bit. Though I do keep an eye to make sure I'm not speeding, I could be more careful. I will set the cruise control more often on this stretch of road. My wife and I have spent a fair bit of time driving these back roads. It is a very beautiful area IMO.

elSquid
07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
So, what is the fine for 60 in a 55 these days? How much of a financial difference is it when compared to 67 in a 50?

TIA,

-- Michael

retired
07-06-2011, 1:17 PM
Tripper, I don't believe anyone, myself included, thought you were being facetious. It might have helped if you used a ;) and stated you were joking. It would have been better if you had just not written that post in the first place.

Since you did write it, I made it look like you never had by deleting it.;)

Falconis
07-06-2011, 1:37 PM
yeah plenty of jackasses around here that would write that being serious.

Tripper
07-06-2011, 1:49 PM
Again, my apologies
As I suggested in the next post, I even identified the favor
I even referred to the political correctness of the statements

Falconis
07-06-2011, 1:51 PM
I dont think anyone is actually that worried dude :)

JS89
07-06-2011, 2:06 PM
Irishjoe hit the nail right on the head.

Tripper
07-06-2011, 2:17 PM
I know there are those that actually do that, as was it seems ppm would recognize the sarcastic nature of the statement
That being said
Generally, you may be able to do guilty and beg the courts grant you a reduced fine and payment plan
Alternatively traffic school is usually an option and as suggested above, fighting as innocent can jeopardize the ability to request traffic school, for a number if offenses, traffic school is more expensive than the fine once all the court fees and school fees are paid
Traffic school necessity depends really on your insurance
Which usually only checks driving record when your changing something. So simply guilty with payment plan might be the best option

Good luck though

E Pluribus Unum
07-06-2011, 2:18 PM
i said i was being fecicious

If by "fecicious" you mean "of or related to being full of crap" I would have to agree... ;)

Feces man... just pure bovine feces....

Tripper
07-06-2011, 2:19 PM
Lol

oddjob
07-06-2011, 2:22 PM
I'm retired now, but is CHP using a laser instead of radar?? Its been awhile since I worked a radar unit.

E Pluribus Unum
07-06-2011, 2:32 PM
I'm retired now, but is CHP using a laser instead of radar?? Its been awhile since I worked a radar unit.

They tend to use laser in metro areas if at all.... most everything is still Ka band RADAR.

I'm not a cop, but I am an avid speeder... ;)

ironcross
07-06-2011, 2:46 PM
If you didn't know,

In Alameda County:
22349(b) Total bail is $154.00 with 1 point.

Also has new fees for this month.
A $4 EMS penalty, $40 court security fee (reduced to $30 on 7/1/11 unless sunset repealed), and conviction assessment of $35 are collected for each offense.

jeep7081
07-06-2011, 3:53 PM
Irishjoe hit the nail right on the head.

x2!

If your guilty, just be a man and deal with it.

Funny story, recently I was driving to meet wife for lunch at work. Was on the phone :cool: using the speaker phone, which I had heard (not verified) that it was ok. At the stop, motorbike was there. Saw me. Light me up, I pulled over. Got off the phone. He stated why he pulled me over. I replied I thought it was ok on speaker phone. He said only if its not in your hand. So, on my lap, cup holder, etc. I said fair enough. Then you got me. What do you need? He laughed. Said license only. I pulled it out, he verifed, and said have a good day. Bottom line? Be honest.

xGearbox
07-06-2011, 4:03 PM
Normally if I never hear the big half of the story, I would immediately direct you here and you can work out your speeding ticket: http://www.helpigotaticket.com/

But since you've said that the LEO has given you some pretty decent leniency, I wouldn't try to bust a good person's balls and waste everyone's time if you know you were guilty. If the LEO was a total douche, I would side with you and say F IT, go to court, and use every piece of firepower possible to get out of a ticket. Even if you lose, I'm pretty sure you can still go to traffic school to not get a point on your licence.

If I were you, I'd just plead guilty (if I was genuinely guilty because I have some sort of conscience) and request traffic school. Pay the full fine, pay the cost of traffic school, complete traffic school (online), mail the cert, and voila! No point on your licence, which means your insurance rates stay the same.

me109g4
07-07-2011, 6:15 AM
Did i read that right??? $154 for 5 over??? And i thought NH was a rip! Does it vary by county or is it pretty universal throughout the state?

AAShooter
07-07-2011, 6:59 AM
If you have a good driving record and go to court. I have never paid the bail amount. I have received everything from a "no judgment" to about half the bail amount. Of course I am usually following the speed of traffic so they are pretty understandable citations and nothing too outrageous.

Notorious
07-07-2011, 7:10 AM
CA and local entities increased fines across the board to make up for their inept governance.

Every mile over the limit increases the fines and penalties. So by cutting down your cited speed, he took a chunk of money off the fine as is.

As far as cutting people a break, yeah, I've been burned, so either I cut them a break and not cite them, or I cite the full boat. I don't half *** it anymore. Thank your fellow asshats for that one.

Notorious
07-07-2011, 7:12 AM
As for payment plans, in LA, you have to fine an extra "financing" fee to be able to stretch out the payments over 6 or 12 months, which is a crock. I have never seen a judge to allow for community service over a fine in a traffic setting, only in criminal settings such as DUI or other misdemeanors where there is a choice of jail, community service, and fine and there is a formula used to calculate how many days of service equals how much in fines. Last I checked, they were doing $40 a day of service.

ankyle62
07-07-2011, 8:06 AM
Be prepared to bend over for the fines.
I got a 70 in a 65 in Redding on my road trip a couple months ago. Came out to 290 dollars after all their little add in fees. :eek: And I still have to pay for traffic school after it's processed.

me109g4
07-07-2011, 8:19 AM
glad i dont live there. When i used to go to Ca. a lot i sped everywhere, as did the rest of the highway i was on. whenever i rented a car there i got a crown Vic and stuck a magnetic antenna on the rear deck, worked like a charm, never even got looked at. I went by a CHP setting up to run radar in the center median, i passed him at 105 mph, almost blew his hat off, he just looked up at the car and continued what he was doing. I can imagine what that would cost me today, lol

me109g4
07-07-2011, 8:27 AM
Those fines are far beyond "fair & reasonable", Cops should not be used as a source of revenue to cover for the states poor fiscal management. LE is a tough enough job already without the state impugning the officers credability by being turned into revenue generators.

Getting the worst offenders off the road is part of the job and i applaude thier efforts, but stopping people for a few MPH over is just revenue generation,,,

Notorious
07-07-2011, 8:52 AM
glad i dont live there. When i used to go to Ca. a lot i sped everywhere, as did the rest of the highway i was on. whenever i rented a car there i got a crown Vic and stuck a magnetic antenna on the rear deck, worked like a charm, never even got looked at. I went by a CHP setting up to run radar in the center median, i passed him at 105 mph, almost blew his hat off, he just looked up at the car and continued what he was doing. I can imagine what that would cost me today, lol

Whacker?

Notorious
07-07-2011, 8:55 AM
Be prepared to bend over for the fines.
I got a 70 in a 65 in Redding on my road trip a couple months ago. Came out to 290 dollars after all their little add in fees. :eek: And I still have to pay for traffic school after it's processed.

Very true. Penalties and assessments (P&A), separate from fines, more than double the costs to the violator.

Dutch3
07-09-2011, 4:29 AM
My wife was cited for 67 in a 55 a few years ago. The fine/fees were over $300. She told me she was actually doing closer to 75, so I guess she got lucky.

The last moving violation I got was back in 1985. 75 in a 25. Probably get locked up for that nowadays.

sniper5
07-09-2011, 4:39 AM
In Iowa they throw your a** in jail for 25 over the limit. Ask me how I know. . .

AAShooter
07-09-2011, 5:50 AM
OK. How do you know?

pieeater
07-09-2011, 6:38 AM
My only ticket which was 30 years ago was by CHP, no radar involved but he did the samething. I was going 80 to 85 in a 55 and he knocked it down to 65. I was going duck hunting and the CHP was a hunter too. Seriously I think having a gun with me gets me out of trouble sometimes. lol

duster1974
07-11-2011, 6:20 PM
I'm not a cop, but I am an avid speeder... ;)

1st forum post since i joined this forum earlier today, trying to get caught up.

Quote above = greatness.

Notorious
07-11-2011, 7:37 PM
Going 100mph is a per se misdemeanor violation. Ask me how I know.

Clutch-n-Throttle
07-11-2011, 8:11 PM

A 2 point violation and up to a 30 day suspension of your license.

I believe the fine with P&A is in the $1200 - $1600 range

Notorious
07-11-2011, 9:13 PM
I wouldn't know much about the penalty phase of the violation... just the citation and arrest thereof.

TRICKSTER
07-11-2011, 10:10 PM

Hasn't been that way for years.

22348. (a) Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of Section 22351, a
person shall not drive a vehicle upon a highway with a speed limit
established pursuant to Section 22349 or 22356 at a speed greater
than that speed limit.
(b) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway at a speed
greater than 100 miles per hour is guilty of an infraction
punishable, as follows:
(1) Upon a first conviction of a violation of this subdivision, by
a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The court may
also suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle
for a period not to exceed 30 days pursuant to Section 13200.5.
(2) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense that
occurred within three years of a prior offense resulting in a
conviction of an offense under this subdivision, by a fine of not to
exceed seven hundred fifty dollars ($750). The person's privilege to
operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor
Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 13355.
(3) Upon a conviction under this subdivision of an offense that
occurred within five years of two or more prior offenses resulting in
convictions of offenses under this subdivision, by a fine of not to
exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000). The person's privilege to
operate a motor vehicle shall be suspended by the Department of Motor
Vehicles pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 13355.

Notorious
07-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow, good to know. The last time I had to deal with that was in 2007/2008 and it's not something we see often since I don't go on the freeways much.

jerkyg
07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
OddJob...

"Triple A with a Gun"...

...(that was a joke for all the anal LEO's out there and with all due respect to CHP'S...and y'all have been good to me)...now has moving radar. I know that for a fact in my county where I live. And for any Chippies that took offense...when I worked radar...over 50% of my stops were YOU!!! LOL!!! You guys speed all the time on city streets off duty.

To the "kid"...at 51 and ready to retire I believe I can say that...you are lucky. When I worked radar...I gave folks 15 mph over the posted limit before I stopped them. I was nice in that respect. Some of the other radar guys wrote them at 6 mph over. I always asked them if they could even get their vehicles in park? But, I never gave a break on the speed I wrote...because that would be perjury.

But, the other's on this forum gave you good advice...why would you contest that? "Your honor...he is a liar...I was doing 80...instead of 67!!!" LOL As other's said...ask for a lower fine or payments.

I am not going to judge you on your speeding....over 27 yrs...I have been pulled over too...too many times for going over the posted speed. But, that is the reality of having a badge. It is called professional courtesy...it is one of the few perks we get in our jobs (we have the highest divorce, alcohol abuse, heart disease, cancer, suicide rates, etc). And because, I will risk my life to stop and help you if you are getting your as.s...kicked by some cranksters by the side of the road. While most others will just be shooting video of you for "Real TV"...all the while saying..."Da.m.n...he is getting his a.s.s kicked".

I know that this will probably start another thread about whether that is right or wrong by not being cited...but, that is the way it is. Unless, you are some hard a.s.s. copper and want to debate that...and I hope not. I do not like coming on here going back and forth/getting private messages...unless I am getting paid. Then again...maybe I am just old school.

Just my two cents...

Stay safe...

Alaric
07-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Hmmm, can't say this much about threads in the LEO forum, but... IBTL?

To the OP, count your blessings, CHP cut you a break. I'd take it and run. My luck with CHP on my last couple tickets has been that they write me up for faster than I was going. I like to fight those ones.

I've also found I don't get pulled over at all when I don't have NRA or other gun related stickers on my vehicle. It's a fair statement to add that there are some anti-gun LEO's in this state.

jerkyg
07-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Sorry...don't know what "IBTL" means...remember...I am an old guy. And what does "OP" mean?

Oh yes...there are some anti-gun LEO's out there. Not many...but a few. I have NRA stickers and such....I get pulled over all the time...just never pulled over and got attitude...I don't believe you are a copper Alaric. Thus, you don't understand what I wrote.

I also am too old and seen too much stuff to have some 22 yr old pull me over and scold me. NRA decal or not. Don't know what your point is...but, thanks for your input.

Stay safe...

Hmmm, can't say this much about threads in the LEO forum, but... IBTL?

To the OP, count your blessings, CHP cut you a break. I'd take it and run. My luck with CHP on my last couple tickets has been that they write me up for faster than I was going. I like to fight those ones.

I've also found I don't get pulled over at all when I don't have NRA or other gun related stickers on my vehicle. It's a fair statement to add that there are some anti-gun LEO's in this state.

Falconis
07-13-2011, 1:23 AM
in before thread locks and original poster

jerkyg
07-13-2011, 1:35 AM
Thanks Falconis...

I got it...but, it still doesn't say anything to my response....now, does it? Or, my "OP"....my original post. Now does it?

Stay safe...

jerkyg
07-13-2011, 1:41 AM
BTW...I am getting good..."By The Way"...had to ask my daughter...LOL!!!!

Just want you to know that was not directed to you Falconis.

Stay safe...

Falconis
07-13-2011, 1:52 AM
coool. I have no idea what is going on in this thread anymore. Most of these threads were asked and answered and now we are to the point where the bored people are making comments. me included.

bug_eyedmonster
07-13-2011, 2:01 AM
Well, this thread has turned a bit weird since I was last on. Sorry, I've been trying to get other problems taken care of. There is plenty of info here for me to digest, thanks for all that posted. To top all of this off, I was just stopped again today, driving to my gym, and was stopped again. I wasn't speeding, the officer said I did not signal when making a turn into a parking lot ( I actually did too). He gave me a warning and sent me on my way. I don't understand what it is about my car or my shampoo that attracts police officers, but they seem to like me. =)

Jerry

tonelar
07-13-2011, 2:27 AM
Can the OP request traffic school? Or does that no longer hide the infraction (or point) from his insurance?

bug_eyedmonster
07-13-2011, 2:30 AM
I agree Falconis....oops...now I am making another comment. It should be closed....

Bug...regarding your concerns....maybe you live in San Francisco?

That was a lame joke....sorry..."get'er done"....

Stay safe...

No, not from San Francisco, but I'm not picky about hair products, so I use whatever shampoo my girlfriend uses. This corrects two problems, cluter in the shower, and keeps her from buying the really expensive stuff. hahahaha

bug_eyedmonster
07-13-2011, 2:31 AM
Can the OP request traffic school? Or does that no longer hide the infraction (or point) from his insurance?

I'm been wondering the same thing, I remember before when I got a speeding ticket, my insurance company came back and said my rates increased... even after traffic school. weird.

tonelar
07-13-2011, 2:35 AM
Ive been ineligible for traffic school for over 10 yrs now (semi-commercial license)... So it used to keep your points low re; insurance co's assesment. But i have 0 experience presently.

Alaric
07-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh yes...there are some anti-gun LEO's out there. Not many...but a few. I have NRA stickers and such....I get pulled over all the time...just never pulled over and got attitude...I don't believe you are a copper Alaric. Thus, you don't understand what I wrote.

I also am too old and seen too much stuff to have some 22 yr old pull me over and scold me. NRA decal or not. Don't know what your point is...but, thanks for your input.

Stay safe...

I wasn't responding to or addressing you in particular, but thanks for your input.

Notorious
07-13-2011, 12:37 PM
No, not from San Francisco, but I'm not picky about hair products, so I use whatever shampoo my girlfriend uses. This corrects two problems, cluter in the shower, and keeps her from buying the really expensive stuff. hahahaha

You live with your girlfriend in sin?:eek::chris::(:confused::mad:

Hilldweller
07-13-2011, 2:13 PM
FYI - California Traffic Tickets Fines Effective 1/6/2011
(not including incidental add-ons)

Violation Fine

VC 12814.6 Failure to obey license provisions. $214

VC 14600(A) Failure to notify DMV of address change
within 10 days.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction. $214

VC 16028(A) Failure to provide evidence of financial
responsibility (insurance).
Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance
before or on the violation date. $796

VC 21453(A) Failure to stop at a red signal. $436

VC 22349 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit. $214

VC 22350 Unsafe speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit. $328

VC 22450 Failure to stop at a stop sign. $214

VC 22454(A) Passing a school bus with flashing red signals. $616

VC 23123(A) Driving while using a wireless phone not
hands free, first offense. $148

VC 23123(B) Driving while using a wireless phone not
hands free, each subsequent offense. $256

VC 23123.5 Driving while using a wireless device to send,
read or write text. $148

VC 23124 Minor driving while using a wireless phone. $148

VC 22500 Parking in a bus loading area. $976

VC 22507(A) Violation of disabled parking provisions,
first offense. $976

VC 22507(B) Violation of disabled parking provisions,
second offense. $1,876

VC 26708 Unlawful material on vehicle windows. $178

VC 27150 Adequate muffler required. $178

VC 27315 Mandatory use of seat belts. $148

VC 27360 Mandatory use of passenger child restraints.
Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court
authorized child seat diversion program. $436

VC 27400 Headsets or Earplugs covering both ears. $178

VC 27803 Violation of motorcycle safety helmet requirements. $178

VC 34506 Commercial Driver - Log book violation. $616

VC 4000 No evidence of current registration.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction. $256

VC 4159 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction. $178

VC 5200 Proper display of license plates.
Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction. $178

VC 9400 Commercial weight fees due. $178

Source:
http://www.4mrticket.com/california-traffic-tickets-fines-2011.html

pTa
07-13-2011, 2:26 PM
Reservation Police are ruthless in Nevada/ I try and drive within +/- 1 mph when going throuhg pyramid lake/

Iv'e heard of peopl egetting tickets for 38 ina 35 zone before/

AAShooter
07-13-2011, 2:28 PM
I am assuming those prices do not include the local additions.

Falconis
07-13-2011, 3:29 PM
Heh, I am gonna have to remember that parking in a bus loading area.