PDA

View Full Version : GF kicked my ***** in trap tonight

bug_eyedmonster
07-06-2011, 2:29 AM
Today has been full of awkwardness...

1. I went to the gym, some old lady commented about my legs to her daughter.
2. At the gym, I managed to trip on my own shoe laces.
3. I ate lunch with my dog and he stole my chips (never happened before).

So this is where my day starts really looking like crap. My girlfriend and I have been going to shoot trap with a friend of mine, who is a VERY good trap shooter at the Livermore range. This will be the second time she's shot a shotgun, the first time being at the same range, two rounds of trap, hitting three targets total. So, we leave our house, and start heading over to the trap range.

4. A tire blows out on an 18-wheeler right in front of me within the first two miles on the freeway.
5. Sat in traffic because the navigation on my car doesn't recognize the new areas of 580, got lead onto the local roads.
6. Once I get to the main road that leads to the range, about three miles from it, I finally feel like I'm not lost. I realize I made a wrong turn, need to make a legal U-turn.
7. I get pulled over for going five miles per hour over the speed limit, get a SPEEDING ticket from a very kind (but very by-the-book) CHP officer.
8. Finally get to the range, to find out my friend isn't even there yet. We were 45 minutes late.
9. Start shooting, do horrible with my O/U, kick my own butt with a 22" tactical shotgun.
10. We are on the third round of trap... I just now realize my girlfriend is shooting REALLY well.
11. My friend, my girlfriend's coach, pauses the round with the remote. He walks over to me and says "do you realize she's shooting a perfect round so far (21/21 hits)? She's better than you are." Resumes round of trap.

FML.

rant over :(

AAShooter
07-06-2011, 3:40 AM
He shoots like a girl is usually a complement! That's what some of my gal-pal shooters tell me.

Sanderhawk
07-06-2011, 5:45 AM
:smilielol5: Yesterday wasn`t your day. Maybe today will be better. Maybe you should put your home defence shotgun on your GF`s side of the bed for now.:smilielol5:

ysr_racer
07-06-2011, 5:54 AM
So, did she run it? 25x25?

AAShooter
07-06-2011, 6:36 AM
:smilielol5: Yesterday wasn`t your day. Maybe today will be better. Maybe you should put your home defence shotgun on your GF`s side of the bed for now.:smilielol5:

:D:D:D

Thefeeder
07-06-2011, 6:46 AM
The coach stopped the round in the middle of a stage on a possible first perfect 25/ 25 and he is not pulling
# 7 1/2 's out of his boo-dee this morning.

Was that a jinks or what!

coyotebait
07-06-2011, 7:18 AM
Does she do dishes too? Sounds like the perfect woman. Cooks, cleans, and can protect your sorry *****.:smilielol5::smilielol5:
On a serious note, it's good that she did so good. Confidence will make it fun for her and keep her coming back for more. Women are usually better students than men because men have to "prove" something first whereas women just listen and do what they're told (unless you're their husband/boyfriend) They DON'T have anything to prove. Less pressure.

Damn True
07-06-2011, 7:25 AM
Every woman I've ever taken to the range has shot well initially. JMO, but I think they follow instructions a little better than we men do regarding weapons (we tend to think we know what we are doing from the jump) but more importantly, I think they tend to squeeze the trigger and "LET" the gun go off rather than go all gorilla and MAKE the gun go off.

mif_slim
07-06-2011, 7:34 AM
Today has been full of awkwardness...

1. I went to the gym, some old lady commented about my legs to her daughter.
2. At the gym, I managed to trip on my own shoe laces.
3. I ate lunch with my dog and he stole my chips (never happened before).

So this is where my day starts really looking like crap. My girlfriend and I have been going to shoot trap with a friend of mine, who is a VERY good trap shooter at the Livermore range. This will be the second time she's shot a shotgun, the first time being at the same range, two rounds of trap, hitting three targets total. So, we leave our house, and start heading over to the trap range.

4. A tire blows out on an 18-wheeler right in front of me within the first two miles on the freeway.
5. Sat in traffic because the navigation on my car doesn't recognize the new areas of 580, got lead onto the local roads.6. Once I get to the main road that leads to the range, about three miles from it, I finally feel like I'm not lost. I realize I made a wrong turn, need to make a legal U-turn.
7. I get pulled over for going five miles per hour over the speed limit, get a SPEEDING ticket from a very kind (but very by-the-book) CHP officer.
8. Finally get to the range, to find out my friend isn't even there yet. We were 45 minutes late.
9. Start shooting, do horrible with my O/U, kick my own butt with a 22" tactical shotgun.
10. We are on the third round of trap... I just now realize my girlfriend is shooting REALLY well.
11. My friend, my girlfriend's coach, pauses the round with the remote. He walks over to me and says "do you realize she's shooting a perfect round so far (21/21 hits)? She's better than you are." Resumes round of trap.

FML.

rant over :(

Thats why I dont trust GPS. We got lost one time a while back because the GPS told us to keep going... turn out it wanted us to go in the middle of a lake. That was the first and last time I ever used a GPS. Now its maps to where I dont know or none at all. haha..

Anyways, sorry for your bad luck...I would of just stayed home after my dog stealing my chips.. lol

movie zombie
07-06-2011, 8:31 AM
sounds like a personal problem......get over it. given how bad your day could really have gone, you've got a lot to be grateful for. i would never have seen this thread if you hadn't posted the link over in the "ladies" forum.......

coyotebait
07-06-2011, 8:36 AM
sounds like a personal problem......get over it. given how bad your day could really have gone, you've got a lot to be grateful for. i would never have seen this thread if you hadn't posted the link over in the "ladies" forum.......
:rofl::smilielol5::smilielol5::rofl2::rofl2: I highlighted in pink for you.

bug_eyedmonster
07-06-2011, 1:51 PM
hahahaha not a bad day per se, but definately a weird one for me. Yes, she did finally miss two rounds, they were the flyers that fly hard left standing in the first position (far left box). She was using a 20 ga., she's still a bit intimidated by the 12, although I have a feeling she'll be picking up one at the range next time.

This happened with pistols as well. Her and I go to shoot steel and at various action ranges from time to time. She is getting quicker, but most importantly, she's VERY accurate. At 15 yards, she has put 20 rounds of 9mm out of a 1911 in a group that could literally be covered by a quarter. With her built rifle, she's hit a squirrel at 139 yards (.22lr with very little wind). Like I said, she's a natural.

Jerry

olhunter
07-06-2011, 2:21 PM
Provided you didn't dislodge your ovaries or tear your labia, you should be back in shape in no time. Have a glass of chardonnay and a hot bath. You'll feel better.

coyotebait
07-06-2011, 2:23 PM
Provided you didn't dislodge your ovaries or tear your labia, you should be back in shape in no time. Have a glass of chardonnay and a hot bath. You'll feel better.

...don't forget the ice cream. :D

coyotebait
07-06-2011, 2:25 PM
hahahaha not a bad day per se, but definately a weird one for me. Yes, she did finally miss two rounds, they were the flyers that fly hard left standing in the first position (far left box). She was using a 20 ga., she's still a bit intimidated by the 12, although I have a feeling she'll be picking up one at the range next time.

This happened with pistols as well. Her and I go to shoot steel and at various action ranges from time to time. She is getting quicker, but most importantly, she's VERY accurate. At 15 yards, she has put 20 rounds of 9mm out of a 1911 in a group that could literally be covered by a quarter. With her built rifle, she's hit a squirrel at 139 yards (.22lr with very little wind). Like I said, she's a natural.

Jerry

Kinda sounds like one of those days that 15 years from now you tell your buddies about, and have a good laugh.

BigDogatPlay
07-06-2011, 3:22 PM
I knew a guy once who married a woman who'd been a mainstay on her LEA employer's pistol team for many years. Got to the point he wouldn't go shooting with her anymore because of all the crap he took.

Women can often be trained to shoot more proficiently than men. Just keep your man card in your pocket, one hand on your junk and enjoy your lady's success.

Sanderhawk
07-06-2011, 4:07 PM

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: