PDA

View Full Version : Good reads on Body Language?

JS89
07-05-2011, 10:14 PM
I am currently searching for any good reads on body language. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cruznegao
07-05-2011, 10:16 PM
I've read a good book called "the body talks".

Edit: I checked on amazon but it is not translated into English. The author is Roland tompakow if you can read french or portuguese

1911su16b870
07-06-2011, 9:12 AM
Trust your gut.

IIRC there is a book called The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker that basically describes how our intuitive senses usually are correct in dangerous situations.

SGT Loco
07-06-2011, 9:57 AM
You can look up The Reid Course. I don't have the book sitting in front of me or I'd give you the address, but I know they sell a lot of material online- books and dvds. I got my workbook as part of one of their multi-day courses- it's excellent, excellent stuff.

9mmepiphany
07-06-2011, 1:39 PM
Interview and Interrogation by Carl Stencelli was excellent...I was given a copy and not sure where you'd get one expect from taking the class

PositiveInfluence
07-06-2011, 1:58 PM
Learning to read body language I have learned is an art that can only be learned by practice and human contact in different situations.

JS89
07-06-2011, 2:11 PM
Thank you all for the great info. I agree that face to face interaction is always best, I could use some new reading material and this is what I thought of. After all, the legal source book is getting a little old.

smkqbns
07-06-2011, 9:02 PM
You can look up The Reid Course. I don't have the book sitting in front of me or I'd give you the address, but I know they sell a lot of material online- books and dvds. I got my workbook as part of one of their multi-day courses- it's excellent, excellent stuff.

I was fortunate to take some Reid Institute instruction while serving in the Army (97B). GREAT instruction, especially anchoring techniques...very effective for applications where you had a subject for an extended lengh of time.