PDA

View Full Version : The Getting Married Sale! *Price Drop*

NeoWeird
12-30-2006, 9:05 PM
Ok, back at it again and this pistol HAS To go, so I am going to be dropping the price bit by bit until I get a buyer. I AM INTERESTED IN ALL FIREARM TRADES THAT END WITH MONEY ON MY SIDE. If I get too low, I'll just throw it on consignment at somewhere local. More items added as I get them.

Para Ordnance Nite Hawg - $700
1851 Navy-Civilian Black Powder Revolver - SOLD
EOTech 512 - SOLD
Clerke 10/22 bull barrel - $75
BSA Catseye 6-24x50 scope - $35 SPF

I swore to her I would never sell a single firearm. Not ever. And she promised that she would never make me. Well, she was right....SHE would never make me sell on, but the bills are pushing me to that point. Expect this to get updated quite a bit. If it wasn't for being so late I'd probably throw in a rifle or two, maybe my shotgun, an AK receiver and parts kit combo, AR lowers, etc. I am going to try and keep my exotics, but who knows at this point.

Up first is a Para Ordnance Nite Hawg.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/warthogprofile.jpg

This is their uber nice Warthog, and the smallest semi-auto 10 round .45 in the world. All surfaces are finished black, including the barrel and it comes with Trijicon night sights (less than a year old so they are still VERY bright). It also has several other 1911 mods like an adjustable trigger which were all done by Para and you can read about them on Para's website. I originally bought it in anticipation of getting a CCW but after moving and finding out I was moving again soon (I'd have to re-apply in LA county and I figured forget it) I just never got around to using it much. It LITTERALY has LESS than 50 rounds through it. It has some wear on the safety from holster wear (holster NOT included). The ONLY damage to the handgun happened....well I don't know. It was purchased and mint, I took it to an arfcom Burro shoot, got it home to clean it and found this on the bottom:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/warthogdamage.jpg

The frame is a double stack alloy and is refinished in a non-chemical finish; it is not damaged, the finished is just scratched off (I am thinking someone with a ring man handled it). It comes with two 10 round mags, one with an extended finger groove and one that is flat.

I am located in SoCal, San Bernardino area and would like to use something local, but will go out to Bright Spot if needed (I like giving Chris my business). If you have a place in mind, let me know and I will see if I can work in the drive between work and school.

Originally paid just under $1k for it, so I am asking (PRICE DROP) $700; I figure 10% for being used and an additional 15% for the damage. I am obviously flexible when it come to price.

I'll post more items when I get some free time. :(

five.five-six
12-30-2006, 10:05 PM
don't do it... I am telling you man don't do it I sold a mini-30 once and I regret it from time to time

JPglee1
12-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally paid just under $1k for it, so I am asking $750; I figure 10% for being used and an additional 15% for the damage. I am obviously flexible when it come to price.

I'll post more items when I get some free time. :(

How about we dummy up a receipt and she THINKS you sold it? lol

Don't sell that 'Hog dude....

JP

dondo
12-31-2006, 7:49 AM
I think I just very recently read a post by you NeoWierd telling someone not to sell their weapons. Dude that wedding is going to come and go and yeah, its gonna be great blah blah blah.........those guns will be gone forever. NOONE BUY THIS MANS WEAPONS! Sell other stuff.......bikes, guitars, backrubs.Anything. Youll end up hating your wife for it and I think you go to hell too if you sell your guns. Its like getting the name of a girlfriend tatooed across your chest............just a bad idea.

marxdspot
12-31-2006, 8:34 AM
NeoWierd, ever since I joined the forum you've been so knowledgeable and gungho about your toys. I'm in disbelief in what I just read. At least wait until you're gonna have a kid after the marriage. At least that'll give you more time to play with your toys and think which one you'd like to keep more. All in all, good luck and congratulations on your wedding. I wish you and your lucky one a HAPPY NEW YEAR and a wonderful marriage!:)

Safe shooting!

xenophobe
12-31-2006, 8:47 AM
Congrats on the wedding! You can always buy new toys. Bills gotta be paid.

And she promised to never make you sell anything. Good woman. Deciding that you have to sell your own firearm is completely okay. You can always get another one.

NeoWeird
12-31-2006, 9:36 AM
don't do it... I am telling you man don't do it I sold a mini-30 once and I regret it from time to time

Yeah, I know what you mean. A big part of me doesn't want to sell it and a big part of me knows I need to sell it; the only tie breaker is I know which side is in the right. I was not comfortable with the idea of selling it, but after about a week of toying with it in my mind I am finally ok with it and it's already gone in my mind so things won't change when it's sold. I will admit that when I first posted it I felt SO depressed and bummed knowing it was realy going to be gone, but as soon as I saw my future wife everything was fine again.

Curious, how well did it function, honestly.
Well it's a little short .45 so it's got kick, but it's a 10 rounder with a bull barrel and heavy slide, so it's got good weight to help stop the recoil. I'd say it pointed BETTER than my Mil-Spec 1911, was easier to aim because of the Tijicon sight design, had about the same felt recoil as my 1911 but just snapped a bit more. Everyone who has fired it (maybe 3) has said that while it did have more recoil than normal length 1911s, they all say it was no where near as bad as they thought it would be (and before people jump on me about round count, I only put about 15 rounds through it myself; ask people who have gone shooting with me, I usually go and shoot the **** and love watching people enjoy my guns while I try out theirs).

Oh yeah, about 20 of the ~50 were hollow points and they didn't have any problems. If the ~ 50 rounds through it there have been no FTF, FTE, etc.

How about we dummy up a receipt and she THINKS you sold it? lol

Don't sell that 'Hog dude....

She's not the problem and she feels bad that I am selling ANY of my guns. She supports me and my hobby even though she doesn't fully like it. She is just wonderful in that regard.

Now if we could dummy up a rent receipt THEN we might be talking...;)

I think I just very recently read a post by you NeoWierd telling someone not to sell their weapons. Dude that wedding is going to come and go and yeah, its gonna be great blah blah blah.........those guns will be gone forever. NOONE BUY THIS MANS WEAPONS! Sell other stuff.......bikes, guitars, backrubs.Anything. Youll end up hating your wife for it and I think you go to hell too if you sell your guns. Its like getting the name of a girlfriend tatooed across your chest............just a bad idea.

I still stand by that you should NOT sell your guns. Ask for a raise, get a second job, sell your arm, etc. Wait for firearms as a last resort. Well I am just about at my last resort; already getting a newer (better paying) job, am selling other stuff, etc. Bills are just TOO much right now. Honeymoon is set up, but hotel is not paid for (and I have 4 months), no money set aside for rent on our new place, ring still has just under $1k left on it, etc. The Para is my most exspensive gun and I can still replace it; at this point it's sell a couple and keep the rest or live in the rain and have none. I hate it too, but I have to do something.

PS. expect my guitar, game systems, tools, DVDs, CDs, gun acceosries, possibly the safe, etc. to go up for sale soon. It's not JUST my guns, but I knew I needed to just jump in if I was going to do it.

NeoWierd, ever since I joined the forum you've been so knowledgeable and gungho about your toys. I'm in disbelief in what I just read. At least wait until you're gonna have a kid after the marriage. At least that'll give you more time to play with your toys and think which one you'd like to keep more. All in all, good luck and congratulations on your wedding. I wish you and your lucky one a HAPPY NEW YEAR and a wonderful marriage!:)

Safe shooting!

Thank you very much. Like I said, I obviously do not want to sell any of them, but I need to at this point. My favorites and exotics are NEVER going, but the way I see it is a few can sacrifice to help the others thrive. My FAL, HK91, Galil, 3 AKs, and 5 ARs (along with several home brew projects) have ALL been put on, more or less, hold because of the issue with funds. I figure I can sell this bad boy, squirrel away a quarter of it and still come out with money for bills and money to help finish those guns. And my friends, THAT is a wonderful thought to me.

And she promised to never make you sell anything. Good woman. Deciding that you have to sell your own firearm is completely okay. You can always get another one.

Thank you Xeno. Those are my thoughts exactly. I get a little TOO gungho about guns at times and a couple times I've shot myself in the foot with the bills that come with them. I put the Para on credit when I had $30 to my name and it took several months to pay off. I still haven't paid off all the PTR receiver (sorry Michelle I've been meaning to call, HONEST!).

I guess the problem is that we are NOT strapped for cash this very second, but when she stops working to go to law school after we are married....well I am going to be in BIG trouble. I have an interview Tuesday with a machine shop, Santa Fe Machine, to see about a position. I already talked to one of the owners and I think I impressed them (at least I hope). This will also open up my weekends to allow me to go shooting more often AND it could give me the opportunity to work in a gunshop as either a counter jockey or as a starting gunsmith. Either way I am getting on that career path I want to be on and I will be getting paid more money for it. Until then though, bills that are racing at us HAVE to be paid, and like Xeno said, I can always buy another one....just don't even DARE look at my Garands and 1903s.

JGarrison
12-31-2006, 10:06 AM
So hurry up and post what else you got for sale!;)

Congrats on getting married! And good luck!

Diablo
12-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Can't wait to see what else you're gonna sell!!!!:D

MrTuffPaws
12-31-2006, 11:17 AM
Another for the "don't do it" crowd. Honestly, you will regret it.

Jeffrock
12-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Congratulations!

fairfaxjim
12-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Another for the "don't do it" crowd. Honestly, you will regret it.
I say don't do it! You decide if I'm talking about marying or selling!

Hint: I've been married 3 times. (Still am)

capitol
12-31-2006, 12:14 PM
poor guy...i feel for you and at the same time want to help you

So, what else are you selling :D

Japedo
12-31-2006, 1:52 PM
Getting married that is great news!! Thats another reason you have to buy another gun, now you have a family to protect. I found out I was having a daughter, so I bought 2 more handguns.

NRAhighpowershooter
12-31-2006, 2:06 PM
Sell you body before you sell ANY guns!!!! :eek: :p :D

tygerpaw
12-31-2006, 11:05 PM

Why would you regret selling a Mini-30? I regretted buying mine then rejoiced when I sold it to buy a Mini-14!

They suck because they wont shoot the cheap (at the time anyway) Russian ammo reliably..........

gotgunz
12-31-2006, 11:44 PM
Can't wait to see what else you're gonna sell!!!!:D

I seem to remember something about testicles being sacrificed at the alter!

LOL

Happy New Year (sucker)
J/K

NeoWeird
01-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't been home for more than an hour at a time in the past couple days and it's been pretty much just to shower. I will try to get more items up when I get some free time.

The next thing to go up will probably be my guitar and possibly my CZ452 with an Eric Brooks peep sight and trigger kit (still in wrap). The guitar is, I believe, an Ibanez and it's electric and has almost NEVER been used. I bought it, never got around to getting lessons and what little I tried to teach myself never stuck long enough to keep my interest. The CZ is a .22 and I can hit clay pigeons at 100" with it fairly accurately. It's my most accurate gun and a real hoot to shoot. I really don't want to give it up, so I might sell my 'rodent zombie SHTF' 10/22 instead. This is the 10/22

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/rodentzombies.jpg

I'll be honest, the 10/22 was having problems feeding the last time I took it out but I believe that is due to it being dirty and possibly having a worn bolt spring (<$10 part). Before I changed stocks and barrels I had put about 5k rounds though it, mostly Remington bulk pack stuff, and I had only a handful of stovepipes, FTE, etc. I don't think I've ever had a failure to fire that was my guns fault.

Oh yes, I also have a Ruger 102/22 bull barrel that was giving me sub .5" groups at 50 yards that is made by Clerke (or maybe Clarke but I believe it is Clerke). That is DEFFINTELY for sale, as is a BSA Catseye 6-24x50mm scope, just offer me a price.

five.five-six
01-01-2007, 1:26 PM
Why would you regret selling a Mini-30? I regretted buying mine then rejoiced when I sold it to buy a Mini-14!

They suck because they wont shoot the cheap (at the time anyway) Russian ammo reliably..........

my point exactly and ti still regret it from time to time..also I have a 40 round mag for it

hylander
01-01-2007, 3:50 PM

DITTO ;)

Franksremote
01-03-2007, 1:57 AM
I agree with the other posters and would rather you not sell any of your toys, but if you must, please PM me with your absolute drop dead price on it, I've been looking for one. No BS, if the price is right, I'll take it...

AJAX22
01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
If it were me I'd sell off the accessories and extras that I had hanging around before I sold off functional firearms. Its amazing how much cash us nuts have tied up in little extra parts. I'd love to buy that warthog, but I have my next three handguns all planned out and budgeted for. List some stuff under 20-100 bucks and watch how fast we snap it up (lots of guys are looking for AR-AK parts right now to build up their lowers, I know I'm one of em)

Don't sell anything rare or irreplaceable, or anything that you have sentimental attachment to. I've sold a LOT of guns that ment nothing to me, its just part of the process of figuring out what fits your hand and suits your needs, If you don't like it move on. if it doesn't have a story attached to it, its just a piece of metal.

You bought the gun for a percieved need, which never manifested itself. That little cute 45 sounds like the perfect canidate for raising fast cash, although most people's impulse budget has about a 5-600$ max to it since on a private sale, you can't put it on a credit card and pay it off over time.

Best of luck, I'll keep watching.

NeoWeird
01-03-2007, 3:19 PM
Sorry guys, got home from my job interview wich went GREAT. We should be able to survive on what I will be making, assuming all goes well and I can find a nice niche in the job place. That means good things for me, bad things for you as all I need money for now is to pay off the credit cards and set up my security and first month for when we move nearer to her school.

The Para is staying up and the CZ452 is coming down (I am SO sorry baby). The 10/22 bull barrel is staying up, as is the BSA scope. The BSA I will let go at $40, the bull barrel I will let go at $80. The guitar is up, and I will get prices and pictures up when I get some free time; things are just SO hectic right now. I also remembered I have a black powder pistol that I've never fired (although has some scratchs in the cylinder take down wedge: WORST design EVER). That's I'd let go for $150 and I can ship that straight to you as it is NOT considered a firearm. For the person that asked about payments, I would rather take one full payment, but if I get no serious cash upfront offers than we will work something out.

So what we still have up are:

Para Ordnance Nite Hawg @ $750
Clerke 10/22 bull barrel @ $80
BSA Catseye 6-24x50 scope @ $40
1851 Navy-Civilian 44 cal blackpowder revolver @ $150 Link (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0012107&navCount=1&parentId=cat20817&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmCat=MainCatcat20712-cat20817&parentType=index&indexId=cat20817&rid=)
Guitar ***More information when I can get it***

I feel bad, because I thought I'd be able to give this thread my full attention and I have been out so much lately. I WILL get pictures up soon, I promise.

Aluisious
01-03-2007, 3:28 PM
I sold two of the four guns I ever owned :o

I miss the Glock 19, but that USP cut my face with ejected brass. Eff that.

Aluisious
01-03-2007, 3:34 PM
PS sell the wife, keep the guns ;)

grammaton76
01-03-2007, 3:37 PM
I'd like to suggest that anyone who DOES buy it off of him, include the offer to sell it back to him for the same price (obviously including DROS if need be) later on. That's what I'd do if I had the budget for it presently.

Neo, if you've still got it for sale in a couple weeks, we may talk... :)

ivanimal
01-03-2007, 6:13 PM
Ill take the 1851 Navy-Civilian 44 cal blackpowder revolver.

DIG
01-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Congrats on the wedding!

I found myself in your position in the early 90's. I sold my Bushy to help pay for bills/wedding, etc.. I've kicked myself in the @ss ever since :(

My 2cents would be... don't sell anything that you feel you might not be able to get at a later time. Pistols? not a problem. OLLs? think it through.

good luck and congrats! :)

Fjold
01-05-2007, 12:45 PM
The CZ is a .22 and I can hit clay pigeons at 100" with it fairly accurately. It's my most accurate gun and a real hoot to shoot. I really don't want to give it up, so I might sell my 'rodent zombie SHTF' 10/22 instead.

Hitting a clay pigeon at 8 feet, 4 inches isn't that accurate. :eek:

Prince50
01-05-2007, 1:07 PM
Hey Fjold..... He forgot to say that the clays were flying at the time...LOL!

I still think that is accurate enough at 100yards from a pistol.

Darin

CSACANNONEER
01-05-2007, 1:13 PM
He stated 100 inches.
He ment 100 feet.
No way did he mean 100 yards.

Rugerman
01-05-2007, 5:52 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't been home for more than an hour at a time in the past couple days and it's been pretty much just to shower. I will try to get more items up when I get some free time.

The next thing to go up will probably be my guitar and possibly my CZ452 with an Eric Brooks peep sight and trigger kit (still in wrap). The guitar is, I believe, an Ibanez and it's electric and has almost NEVER been used. I bought it, never got around to getting lessons and what little I tried to teach myself never stuck long enough to keep my interest. The CZ is a .22 and I can hit clay pigeons at 100" with it fairly accurately. It's my most accurate gun and a real hoot to shoot. I really don't want to give it up, so I might sell my 'rodent zombie SHTF' 10/22 instead. This is the 10/22

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/rodentzombies.jpg

I'll be honest, the 10/22 was having problems feeding the last time I took it out but I believe that is due to it being dirty and possibly having a worn bolt spring (<$10 part). Before I changed stocks and barrels I had put about 5k rounds though it, mostly Remington bulk pack stuff, and I had only a handful of stovepipes, FTE, etc. I don't think I've ever had a failure to fire that was my guns fault.

Oh yes, I also have a Ruger 102/22 bull barrel that was giving me sub .5" groups at 50 yards that is made by Clerke (or maybe Clarke but I believe it is Clerke). That is DEFFINTELY for sale, as is a BSA Catseye 6-24x50mm scope, just offer me a price.

Is that a Sig Mosquito?!?! are you willing to part with that?

NeoWeird
01-06-2007, 9:22 AM
Ok, first the CZ 452 is a RIFLE, not a pistol. And yes I did mean YARDS, not sure why I put the " up there. Ok, so maybe it wasn't quite 100 yards, but it was in the 85-90ish range and I am sure I could hit it at 100 yards given the chance. It really is my most accurate rifle, and I am glad I took it down.

As for the picture, yes it is a Mosquito. Honestly, I like it and I don't want to let it go. I would be willing to trade the Warthog for a P22, Ruger MKIII (NOT the 22/45), or other rimfire pistol(s) with some cash to even it out. Let me know what you have. I LOVE rimfires and I don't particularly like selling them (the Ruger is getting sold because I have two already, it's easily replaceable, and I would get MAJOR points with the future Mrs).

The Blackpowder revolver is sold pending funds, everything else is still up, and I am off to work after being home for 10 minutes.:( I hope married life isn't like this, and something tells me I have NO idea how bad it's going to get...

NeoWeird
01-06-2007, 3:10 PM
I think I am putting my EOTech up for sale. It's used once and is the AA battery type that is not NV compliant. I am thinking $300 shipped. Have to go back to work, more info later.

NeoWeird
01-30-2007, 5:58 PM
Back to the top for new prices, ease of feedback, and new items probably tomorrow. Yay for more bills; I just found out I need to get another $2k by the wedding date (a little over 2 months) so I am starting back up. And just when I thought things were going so well because I got the ring paid off...

See the top of the first post for the update, and subsequent updates!

erblo
01-30-2007, 9:10 PM
I'll take the scope, PM sent.

vikingshelmut
01-31-2007, 7:50 AM
Is the 10/22 barrel still available? What length is it, and is it blued or stainless (I assume blued since your 10/22 is blued).

NeoWeird
01-31-2007, 5:35 PM
All PMs responded to.

Is the 10/22 barrel still available? What length is it, and is it blued or stainless (I assume blued since your 10/22 is blued).

The barrel is marked:

"Firearms Safety is your responsability
.22 Long Rifle Only

Clerke
International
Arms. LLC"

It is 18 inches in length and has a matte or maybe slightly semi-gloss black finish and is a solid bull barrel (no flutting, ports, or designs of any kind). I just noticed there are a couple small scratchs that are barely visible (from the placement and looks of it, probably from the rifle rack at the range). I will try to get pictures up shortly.

There is already someone asking about the barrel, if they send me back a response PM saying they will take it then it is theirs. If not, it's still up on a first response/first offer basis.

indetrucks
01-31-2007, 8:17 PM
It sounds like we're in the same boat Neo...
I'm gettin married in April and she's always suggesting I sell a car before I pick up another toy.. I say hell no!!!

On another note,
I need an AR upper, so if ya got anything, let me know :)

NeoWeird
01-31-2007, 8:22 PM
It sounds like we're in the same boat Neo...
I'm gettin married in April and she's always suggesting I sell a car before I pick up another toy.. I say hell no!!!

On another note,
I need an AR upper, so if ya got anything, let me know :)

You even look at any one of my favorites with greed and I'll give you dirty looks like you couldn't believe...

indetrucks
01-31-2007, 8:30 PM
You even look at any one of my favorites with greed and I'll give you dirty looks like you couldn't believe...

lol.. so you're sayin there's a chance....:D

NeoWeird
01-31-2007, 8:33 PM
lol.. so you're sayin there's a chance....:D

As much as I hate to admit it, with how things look there is...

:( :( :(

Tweak338
02-01-2007, 11:11 PM
you have a PM

NeoWeird
02-02-2007, 6:30 PM
For the several people who emailed me, the scope is now sold. Sorry. If the deal falls through I will contact those people who PMed me on a first come basis.