PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving BACK to Kalifornia and have a pistol question.

CaptainSpaulding
07-05-2011, 6:34 PM
Greetings, Kalgunners,

I moved to Northern Nevada two years ago from San Francisco. The City is my home but I just got burned out on the lunacy and crowding and needed desperately to get away from it all! During my two years in the desert known as Northern Nevada I learned alot! I made some new friends, earned MUCH LESS money, and have deeply enjoyed dirt bike riding and target shooting any time I want! Alas, I miss my girlfriend, my old friends, and my former paycheck! The climate here SUCKS for most of the year!

Now, to my point. I have acquired a beautiful 1991 vintage Colt MK IV 1911 that I will be bringing back with me, as well as an original 1918 vintage Colt 1911 (yeah, I got it for $900.oo at a local gun store and it's in excellent condition). Will I be able to register them? I am a Nevada homeowner and will be keeping my house here whilst living in an apartment back in The City. How long will I have to register them after returning to the Kaliban?

Librarian
07-05-2011, 6:39 PM
Yes. 60 days. You need http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/ab991frm.pdf plus $19 per handgun.

BoonieGhost
07-05-2011, 6:45 PM
Now why in the hell would you wanna move back to this hell hole?

hoffmang
07-05-2011, 7:00 PM
Now why in the hell would you wanna move back to this hell hole?

He explained it well. Climate, money, and woman - probably in that order.

-Gene