PDA

View Full Version : new legislation

donw
07-05-2011, 8:30 AM
i don't know about you guys but i sure get tired of seeing the anti-gun legislation filed by Deleon and the California state legislature.

their paranoia is unprecedented these last few years.

the average citizen seemingly knows and understands the 2A, but they, the legislators, are determined to undermine it.

:(:(:(

Bhobbs
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
i don't know about you guys but i sure get tired of seeing the anti-gun legislation filed by Deleon and the California state legislature.

their paranoia is unprecedented these last few years.

the average citizen seemingly knows and understands the 2A, but they, the legislators, are determined to undermine it.
:(:(:(

I disagree with that. The average citizen has little to no understanding of the 2A and even less understanding of how firearms actually work. That is why these anti gun politicians keep getting elected.

MolonLabe2008
07-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Not to worry.

Jerry "Amicus Brief" Brown will veto any and all anti-gun legislation that gets to his desk.

Or will he?

At least that's what we were led to believe from the Jerry fan club.

Bhobbs
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Not to worry.

Jerry "Amicus Brief" Brown will veto any and all anti-gun legislation that gets to his desk.

Or will he?

I'm waiting for the first bill to reach his desk. I'm not so confident.

donw
07-05-2011, 2:39 PM
I disagree with that. The average citizen has little to no understanding of the 2A and even less understanding of how firearms actually work. That is why these anti gun politicians keep getting elected.

you may be right about that. :cool:

i once wrote a 'letter to the editor' about gun rights in a local newspaper (i live in a small rural community east of temecula) and i was stunned to read a rebuttal written by a so-called "knowledgeable" local resident that stated, in short: "The 2nd amendment gives us the right to form a militia, we're OK..." :confused::confused::confused:

just try to form a "Militia" and see what happens...every LE agency on the planet will be knocking on your door (read that: "Kicking in your door") with guns drawn. :eek:

diginit
07-05-2011, 8:31 PM
The average citizen believes what they hear on the govn't cleared newscast. All they hear is that gang members shot someone in Oakland. So guns are bad. They have no idea that gang members and Xcons are prohibited from owning firearms or even a live round. This is the ignorance our government wants to spread. It's like a TV comercial that says CALL NOW, CALL NOW, CALL NOW! Only idiots respond. Because that's what they are TOLD to do. That's the problem... Too many idiots that can't think for themselves...

If I made a commercial telling people they should jump off a bridge, I'll bet the suicide rate would increase 200%. But then, bridges would become illegal in Ca. A public safety issue.

CHS
07-05-2011, 8:36 PM
Not to worry.

Or will he?

What has he said so far to make you think this?

Did you vote for Meg Whitman?

Paladin
07-05-2011, 8:39 PM
Seems like I should post this here as well.

From another thread: "don't be discouraged long-term. Redistricting by independent panel kicks in next year, so after the 2012 elections, we should have some new politicians in Sacto who will be more "moderate" and thus more compliant to organized and focused political pressure, such as calls/faxes/emails/etc."